Kobe Bryant wearing Air Jordans in Games

Originally Posted by ponyboy

Kobe knows he always wanted to be like Mike!!

-ponyboy
everyone that plays ball is inspired by someone...

kobe wanted to be like mike growing up and who didn't???

but when lebron was growing up he wanted to be like kobe...

and that trend will continue... kids growing up now have choices of wade... melo... lebron...

whats with all the kobe hate???

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Omg you guys shut the hell up and lets get back to the kicks....[/color]
grin.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]those VII's are nice[/color]
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RocDaJs

-ponyboy

and that trend will continue... kids growing up now have choices of wade... melo... lebron...

QFT.....

-ponyboy

nicely said..
smokin.gif

one thing that makes MJ better than kobe is the fact that he would shut up any of these kind of talk about his game. there is so much crap about kobe and hisgame from him being too soft and more of a shooter. he shoots too much, he's too much of a mj copycat. i can't think of one thing that i didn'tlike about mj or even someone talking crap about his game.

there were a few crucial moments in the playoffs that kobe messed up and could of lost the game, but the teams were so playoff inexperienced that theydidn't know how to take advantage of it to get the Win.

and its not hate that people criticize kobe's game. its really true he's a soft player that likes to shoot. one thing i do know we will never see kobescore 60+ points in the playoffs against one of the best teams to have played basketball which is the boston celtics with larry bird as their leader. thisyears playoffs was kinda lame cuz all the teams were so whack in the playoffs that it lacked the excitement of two teams that are with playoff experience thatknow hos to win battle against eachother. there was no other team that had the chemistry and balance and playoff experience as the lakers. all i know if odom,bynum, and phil leave there will be no more talk of kobe reaching a 6th ring or 7th ring to be better than mj.

kobe can keep all this hype talk about he's the greatest in the world BS as long as mj has six rings(all of which he didn't have one of the greatestcenters to play the game as his teammate)mj will always be the greatest to ever play the game.......

Seems like the only reason all of you hate on Kobe is because you're insecure. You hate to see someone that good.

Hated him since he came into the league, didn't flop.

Gets better every season.

How can you keep hating on that? The fact that he keeps getting better and better.

lol @ Kobe has to many flaws to his game and doesn't shut up his critics. He just won ring number 4 without Shaq, kobe being the clear leader.

The %#$@ are you guys talking about.

People hate Kobe because they claim he wants to be MJ. Well, last time I checked, everyone wants to play like MJ. People are just salty because Kobe's theonly person in the world that's actually that good.

Lay off the hate and acknowledge the legend in the making.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Seems like the only reason all of you hate on Kobe is because you're insecure. You hate to see someone that good.

Hated him since he came into the league, didn't flop.

Gets better every season.

How can you keep hating on that? The fact that he keeps getting better and better.

lol @ Kobe has to many flaws to his game and doesn't shut up his critics. He just won ring number 4 without Shaq, kobe being the clear leader.

The %#$@ are you guys talking about.

People hate Kobe because they claim he wants to be MJ. Well, last time I checked, everyone wants to play like MJ. People are just salty because Kobe's the only person in the world that's actually that good.

Lay off the hate and acknowledge the legend in the making.
I'm not a big Laker's fan, but quoted for truth!

Originally Posted by gijace

-ponyboy

nicely said..
smokin.gif

Alot of the hate comes from him sniching on Shaq...you dont do that

SHAQ N LEBRON......f*** LA......Akron, OHIO STAND UP......Its our time now...!!!!!!!!

when mj came on the scene he was unlike no other in the nba as he represented himself and his game was unique. kobe's game is an exact copycat of mj. kobeeven has the nerve to wear mj's kicks. mj wore mj shoes that nike and tinker made for him. i just don't see how people are nut ridin' kobe whenhe's a fake variant of what mj paved for future players to follow. when i think of a great player i look as a dominant player and their achievments. kobegot his first ring without shaq but the teams he played were garbage. mj won his rings without a great teammate(unlike shaq being the greatest top five centersto play the nba)and he did it 6 times........

Originally Posted by hypeNT500

when mj came on the scene he was unlike no other in the nba as he represented himself and his game was unique. kobe's game is an exact copycat of mj. kobe even has the nerve to wear mj's kicks. mj wore mj shoes that nike and tinker made for him. i just don't see how people are nut ridin' kobe when he's a fake variant of what mj paved for future players to follow. when i think of a great player i look as a dominant player and their achievments. kobe got his first ring without shaq but the teams he played were garbage. mj won his rings without a great teammate(unlike shaq being the greatest top five centers to play the nba)and he did it 6 times........

That's the best argument you could come up with?
laugh.gif

There's always an excuse to every one of Kobe's championships. Gosh lets all look for reason to discredit Kobe Bryants Career!

I'm sorry that you feel ONLY because Kobe and the Lakers won the championship this year, the competition was not up to par.

Had Lebron James and the Cavs been the victor, nobody would be saying that, but because it's Kobe...

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by hypeNT500

when mj came on the scene he was unlike no other in the nba as he represented himself and his game was unique. kobe's game is an exact copycat of mj. kobe even has the nerve to wear mj's kicks. mj wore mj shoes that nike and tinker made for him. i just don't see how people are nut ridin' kobe when he's a fake variant of what mj paved for future players to follow. when i think of a great player i look as a dominant player and their achievments. kobe got his first ring without shaq but the teams he played were garbage. mj won his rings without a great teammate(unlike shaq being the greatest top five centers to play the nba)and he did it 6 times........

That's the best argument you could come up with?
laugh.gif

There's always an excuse to every one of Kobe's championships. Gosh lets all look for reason to discredit Kobe Bryants Career!
I'm sorry that you feel ONLY because Kobe and the Lakers won the championship this year, the competition was not up to par.
Had Lebron James and the Cavs been the victor, nobody would be saying that, but because it's Kobe...

hypeNT500's argument is dead on....
grin.gif
even if the Cavs had won i'dstill admit the NBA was its weakest i've ever seen it at. Its safe safe to say whoever won got lucky it just so happened to be LA.

When u have 3-4 of the top NBA players injured...KG, Yao, TMac etc thats saying alot especially if they had been playing. You get TMac and Yao in thoseplayoffs and LA goin fishin.

As for the whole Kobe identity and career....I'm not a huge Lebron fan (and i live in Akron Ohio) but i love my cavs. But at least Lebron has his ownidentity and disreguards ANY comparisan to MJ cause he knows he will NEVER meet the MJ standard. Its like Kobe looks for the comparisan and fuels it. Its likehe really believes he is on par to MJ which makes him look stupid and cocky. And since Kobe thinks he meets the MJ standard i judge him based on that. So in myopinion Kobe is garbage straight up. Everyone wears J's but Kobe be actin like he made JB what it is. When his own shoe line is a joke. Always has evenwhen Nike didnt want em. Weakest Nike line EVER....IMO

I judge my sports heroes and who's jerseys i'd buy from player attitudes, personality and then performance. Would never buy a Terell Owens jersey or aRon Artest or Pacman Jones, Mike Vick....etc. But last on the list is Kobe Bryant for obvious reasons other than on the court stuff (i.e. rape case). I seeright through his money and fake persona. I would never let my son wear a Kobe jersey.

Good Luck to Yao Ming.....i know your career aint even close to over. You'll get through this

is this really still going on?.... lol.

What a lot of you ppl are not seeing is that Kobe is DOING what he's doing against MORE/FAR ADVANCED PLAYERS THAN BEFORE.......
Put MJ in his prime in this era against Kobe, Lebron, Dwight, Shaq, Wade, and so many more great players...
The NBA is a lot more talented than before..... MJ was all alone back then...

Kobe... one of the greatest, period.... Top 2 and thats for sure. Hate it or Love it. that simple.

wink.gif

Originally Posted by never wear them

The NBA is a lot more talented than before..... MJ was all alone back then...
laugh.gif
eek.gif
......you either just started watchin basketball 6 years ago or your 6 yearsold.....you cant really mean this statement.....wow.....
laugh.gif

Homie.... I grew up watching Jordan and prime ending Magic Johnson play... You are Missing out on something serious here.... Kobe is the greatest of thisgeneration....
Jordan was back then...

it seems that you stopped watching basketball once MJ left, and your trying to find a role model to look up to.... Kobe would be a wise choice.

Just go to sleep buddy...... Your 1996 Bulls bed sheets are out of the dryer... but give it 10 more minutes for your MJ Hanes to dry up.

Back
Top Bottom