Kobe Trade Thread (vol. Save the Kittens and Puppies)

thank you kobe
cuz i dont think this is that good of a trade to mess up what little momentum we have now

The lakers should stop worrying about trading him and worry about bringing someone in. His problem with L.A is losing nothing else. So bring in someone whocould help this team.

Anyone get sick of vic the brick's infatuation of Kobe? He always kisses up to Kobe and i dont kno, it gets kinda annoying. I'm glad there'sreasonable guy (Steve Hartman) on that show.

Wow CBS report over at the Clublakers forums says that the Pistons and Lakers had agreed to a deal for Kobe but he vetoed.

Would have been Kobe for Amir Johnson, Rip, Tay, and a 1st.

Would have put Kobe in a spot to contend for a title. Why would he veto?

Originally Posted by Johndaeyun

Anyone get sick of vic the brick's infatuation of Kobe? He always kisses up to Kobe and i dont kno, it gets kinda annoying. I'm glad there's reasonable guy (Steve Hartman) on that show.

if you listen to the show, he's not just a fanatic of kobe, but the lakers in general. he sucks up to kobe b/c he plays for the lakers. dude is thebiggest lakers fan EVER and i love it. hartman is more rational. but VTB is funny as hell.

dude even defended smush parker and praised him a ton last yr
roll.gif

This is nothing but another internet rumor

Amir Johnson simply can't be traded right now.
He was a restricted free agent this summer, and under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, free agents re-signed in the summer can't be dealt during the regular season before December 15.

A deal for Bryant would also ensure that Detroit's window of opportunity for winning a title would snap shut after two years. Prince is signed through 2011 while Hamilton and Johnson are signed through 2010. Bryant, on the other hand, can exercise an opt-out clause to become a free agent after 2009. Considering the Pistons have never paid the luxury tax in the past, it seems unlikely that Dumars would want to give Bryant the amount of money it'd take to convince him to remain in Detroit instead of fleeing for one of the coasts.

Let Kobe know that aRog27 still wants him on the Bulls. I'll pick him up at O'hare...tell him gray Mazda 6.

ESPN is reporting Kobe is going to be traded somewhere around the 4th quarter to the Bulls.

I believe they already have his jersey fitted in the visitors locker room.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

ESPN is reporting Kobe is going to be traded somewhere around the 4th quarter to the Bulls.

I believe they already have his jersey fitted in the visitors locker room.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Ska, you might as well lock this thread because Kobe ain't ever leavin.

He's happy, and the only talks of trades Kupcake is listening to is trade offers that are going to help Kobe on the Lakers.

he says he's happy but he never says he doesn't want to get traded. So that means he's still unhappy with the Lakers organization. A trade is stilla possibility althought probably unlikely this season.

KB8sandiego wrote:
Ska, you might as well lock this thread because Kobe ain't ever leavin.

He's happy, and the only talks of trades Kupcake is listening to is trade offers that are going to help Kobe on the Lakers.
All it takes is one.

One little remark by Kobe.

One little 'insider report' from someone.

One little thing, and we're back to being thankful this thread exists, so people can still use it instead of having to create more new threads.

^
Any trade is a possibility.

It's not going to happen.

Rumors and speculations are nothing more than dead.

Lock this thread.

*edit

Ok. you're right. I'll give you that.

Originally Posted by Johndaeyun

he says he's happy but he never says he doesn't want to get traded. So that means he's still unhappy with the Lakers organization. A trade is still a possibility althought probably unlikely this season.

BINGO! Everytime you ask him that he ducks the question. If they make a deep playoff run this year then yeah he might stay but if its another first roundexit this year and next year trust me he will opt out of that contract.

^ Honestly, I think he's gone after this season, and only two things will stop that.

#1- NBA Finals
#2- Signing a top 5 player; maybe top 10

Since #1 is definitely not happening, then I think #2 is the only chance you Kobe + Laker fans have at seeing him in purple/gold next year.

And I do not think he'll be leaving during this season.

Just my opinion, though.

^Actually, I really really think Kobe will stay if the Lakers get passed the first round this year.
I mean its improvement and he still has a few more years in his prime.
On the other hand, if they lose in the 1st round again, I believe he will be traded next season.

^
Of course. Kobe is at a point in his career where he's getting old. He doesn't want to waste his prime losing.

Plus, he needs that 4th ring. He's got something to prove. Especially with Shaq still rockin' a 4th one without Kobe.

"I'm glad I wasn't traded." =/= "I don't want to be traded."

"I'm glad I wasn't traded." =/= "I really want to be here for good."

"I don't want to be traded." = "I don't want to be traded."

"I really want to be here for good." = "I really want to be here for good."

Also, with the fact in mind that actions speak louder than words:

not asking management to trade you anymore > "I don't want to be traded."

retiring here after never leaving > "I really want to be here for good."

smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom