Kobe Trade Thread (vol. Save the Kittens and Puppies)

Lakers would be silly to pull that trigger :lol:
laugh.gif
Team Dodgers 4 Life
RAIDER NATION

Quote:
This aint about "fair" anymore. Not when a star player can veto any trade and wants to leave the team he's on.
Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

straight-up for stephon marbury.

it works on the trade machine.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

Quote:
It's the right thing to do

K.C. Johnson, 2:41 p.m.

General manager John Paxson pulled the plug on the Kobe Bryant sweepstakes after Thursday's practice, doing the right thing for a 15-man team that he constructed.

"There's not a deal to be done," focusing on the task at hand: winning the Eastern Conference.

There is simply no equal value for Bryant in a trade. And the Lakers weren't interested in conducting a fire sale. So when rumors got out of hand on Wednesday, involving virtually every player on the Bulls' roster, Paxson knew he had to do what he did Thursday.

"It's time to put it to rest," Paxson said. "Today sends a message that our guys don't have to worry about anything anymore."
For a dummy, you make a lot of sense
"Straight cash homey."​

^
Was that the one after Amare did Kandiman nasty?
.:Flowsomuch:.​
TEAMLAKERS
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Quote:
Sedalle Threat, Anthony Peeler, Sleepy Sam Perkins..
:frown:
frown.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
:x
sick.gif
talk about reopening old wounds.

Quote:
A source with knowledge of the trade talks said Luol Deng has been included in proposals swapped between the teams, but Kobe Bryant has continually threatened to veto almost any deal in which Deng would be included. Bryant wants to be sure that the team he joins has enough talent remaining to compete for the NBA title.
:smh:
smh.gif
If Kobe keeps vetoing trades, just take him off the block. Lamar Odom, Kobe, and D.Fish, that's a cool squad if they can get help from Bynum and Luke. Sheesh. Dude has two years left on his contract, all the lakers got to do is say "we-aren't-trading-kobe." It's not like Kobe is refusing to play ball and help the team win, he scored 45 points while others contributed...and they only lost by 2 points! We got potential.

chikickz:
Trade Brian Cook for the rights to Varejao.
Solid suggestion.

Trade Brian Cook for Varejao, and figure out a way to get Jermaine without giving up Lamar. Unloading Vujacic or Kwame (or both!) in either of those processes would be icing on the cake.

That would be

PG: D-Fish
SG: Kobe
SF: Lamar
PF: Jermaine
C: Mihm

With Turiaf and Varejao coming off the bench at the 4 spot, or one of them starting, Mihm sitting (coming off the bench), and Jermaine playing the 5.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

That piece of @#%$ is blocking trades when we get anything in return.

I say bench his @#%$ for two years and let's waste his prime.
TEAM LAKERS

Quote:
what kobe wants, kobe gets.
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

You can say all you want about how Deng is untouchable but if the Lakers don't get Deng, Gordon, and Nocioni then Kobe will be a Laker for the rest of the season...
Team Dodgers 4 Life
RAIDER NATION

Quote:
...though I don't agree with his vague assessment that the Lakers supporting cast is more talented than given credit. They're not.
er on a good NBA team, but his passing skills and mid range jumper make him a servicable role player.
Andrew Byunm is horrible, but he could develop into a decent player...you see flashes of it when #24 isn't on the floor. Plus, look at all the teams that want to deal for him...so there's something there.
Farmar will never be any good in the NBA.
Without all the injuries and personal stuff, Odom is a decent NBA player. Another case of #24 holding back a player.
Turiaf has no talent to speak of, but he plays hard.
Brian Cook, Chris Mihm, Maurice Evans and Vlarimir Crapmanovic are worthless.
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

John Paxson had to make this statement. Players were starting to get distracted. This now brings the focus back to basketball. I hope the Bulls and Lakers continue to talk. There is no doubt in my mind that the Bulls still want Kobe Bryant.

That being said, if Kobe is truly out of the picure, lets re-sign Deng and BG.....we better not let BG go without replacing his 20-25 points per game.
"And Still..CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us"
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Quote:
Daily rumours and the real issue at hand is the Lakers outside of Kobe have the talent of a CBA team. Kobe may be an ***#073 in many people's opinion, but the Lakers aside from Kobe simply do not have any talent. So as much one can hate Kobe his assessment on the Lakers talent level is dead on.
:rolleyes
eyes.gif
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"
Seize every opportunity to educate yourself.....STOP. Look. Listen.

i follow the lakers naturally b/c i'm from LA and i'm losin respect for htis dude more and more.

the lakers have been your team. help them out even if you don't want to play for them anymore. give them deng/gordon PLEASE.

fisher/gordon/deng/odom/bynum is a pretty good start to rebuild.

c'mon, do a nice thing for once. it is not always about you and what u want.

Wow if that deal would have gone through the Bulls would be scary: Hinrich, Kobe, Deng, Tyrus, Noah. Who's the Bulls backup center?
TEAM FLORIDA GATORS​
Team Xbox 360
Gamertag: Gator Boy 24​

Kobe is not going anywhere, he is going to opt out after 2 season, and will leave the Lakers with nothing in return.

TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
1955 - 1959 - 1963 - 1965 - 1981 - 1988​
TEAM L.A. KINGS

Back
Top Bottom