Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Lol. Seems to me that some people feel this is the "complain about the 9's thread." Last year we got a ton of patterns on the upper and everyone complained that there wasn't solid colorways.

The 9's gave us a little bit of everything. Solids, patterns (weren't that great ill say that), and flynit that was both "boring" and loud.

I felt the 9's were a great intro to flynit. They could have done more and they could very well have done less.

Lol. Seems to me that some people feel this is the "complain about the 9's thread." Last year we got a ton of patterns on the upper and everyone complained that there wasn't solid colorways.

The 9's gave us a little bit of everything. Solids, patterns (weren't that great ill say that), and flynit that was both "boring" and loud.

I felt the 9's were a great intro to flynit. They could have done more and they could very well have done less.
the flyknit complaints are the same complaints that I see about the weave mesh of the xx9s, hopefully the X ext is just as good as the IXs were

the flyknit complaints are the same complaints that I see about the weave mesh of the xx9s, hopefully the X ext is just as good as the IXs were
Not trying to derail discussion even more, but to me there is a significant difference between the XX9 upper and the kobe 9 elite uppers. Surprised by complaints really. The XX9 upper successfully does what the kobe 9 elite sought out to do IMO. That one piece woven upper is excellent in the XX9.

No more on this from me haha

I personally love the kobe 9s don't see why ppl hate on them. We got three models of the shoe ! All three were great in there own way
It's Not Ppl "HATING" on them. It's their OPINION. Everyone's Opinion does not need to be the Same...

And Ppl don't HAVE TO Like every single thing Nike puts out, like they don't drop BS, a lot of times.

Bottom line, it's all preferential. 
grin.gif

Loved my Kobe 8s and 9s and can't wait for the 10s. The All-Star colors of black, multi and volt if done correctly could be my favorite right out of the gate. Can't wait to see more leaked pics or get that official announcement.

Well I own the Beethoven's and Hyper Grape Kobe IX low tops so I'm aware the the IX came in a low top, but way more of those high top IX's came out. I meant that they keep the X's strictly low tops.

There are definitely more lows than highs..

Hard to see what the tongue looks like with the watermark over the photo, upper looks too sample-ish for now. Is it gonna be megafuse like the lebron 12?

I personally love the kobe 9s don't see why ppl hate on them. We got three models of the shoe ! All three were great in there own way
No hate coming from me.  I've been enjoying both flyknit models and the EMs.  Was just pointing out that I was disappointed in what the flyknit upper is.  If you know true flyknit, it just isn't the same.  That's why I mentioned the XX9 and how it's amazing what was done with that minimal upper.

Can't wait for some official detail on the X

No hate coming from me.  I've been enjoying both flyknit models and the EMs.  Was just pointing out that I was disappointed in what the flyknit upper is.  If you know true flyknit, it just isn't the same.  That's why I mentioned the XX9 and how it's amazing what was done with that minimal upper.

Can't wait for some official detail on the X

How many times must it be said though that you cant have regular flyknit on a performance basketball shoe? I'm not trying to attack you or anything man, I just don't understand what you have to be "disappointed" about with the 9's flyknit.

How many times must it be said though that you cant have regular flyknit on a performance basketball shoe? I'm not trying to attack you or anything man, I just don't understand what you have to be "disappointed" about with the 9's flyknit.
I get that traditional flyknit can't be used on a basketball shoe, trust me.  It was more how Nike presented it and hyped it up.  Maybe it was the expectation that it could actually work.  It really isn't anything revolutionary -- it's like a paper-mache upper in a sense.  And I know the hype should be expected.

What I should have said is, for what the 9 is, I do think the "flyknit" upper works fine, but for how it was hyped and advertised is where the disappointment comes in.

My bad for not clarifying.  On with the discussion of the X

Last edited:

Hard to see what the tongue looks like with the watermark over the photo, upper looks too sample-ish for now. Is it gonna be megafuse like the lebron 12?
Don't know about megafuse.  Someone mentioned it looking like the upper on the new Kyrie signature.  Could be somewhat close there

I get that traditional flyknit can't be used on a basketball shoe, trust me.  It was more how Nike presented it and hyped it up.  It really isn't anything revolutionary -- it's like a paper-mache upper in a sense.  And I know the hype should be expected.

My bad for not clarifying.

Yeah I promise I wasn't trying to come at you man. I appreciate you clarifying. I do see what you're saying but I don't totally agree. But this I the X thread and I don't want to get too off topic haha

It's gonna be interesting to see what they do with this shoe. If not flyknit again, I wouldn't mind seeing that Hyperfuse that they are using on the 12. Not a lebron fan so I refuse to buy his shoes.

Yeah I promise I wasn't trying to come at you man. I appreciate you clarifying. I do see what you're saying but I don't totally agree. But this I the X thread and I don't want to get too off topic haha

It's gonna be interesting to see what they do with this shoe. If not flyknit again, I wouldn't mind seeing that Hyperfuse that they are using on the 12. Not a lebron fan so I refuse to buy his shoes.
No harm at all man.  Glad you responded

Last edited:

New pics via Twitter
I know it's a minor detail, but I like seeing features such as that small TPU or carbon fiber piece up front on the lateral side.  Who knows how much it actually does but it could add some much needed support to what looks to be a pretty flexible mesh/TPU upper (whatever it is)

Agreed on the price point, there better be something crazy about the non-zoom part of the footbed.

Back
Top Bottom