Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Why wouldn't it?

You need it there in order for the shoe to have support while playing basketball.

I feel like it would have just the same support without it.. None of the other models had anything in that area and it was fine. A man can dream can't he?

possible, but i don't think so. the sole is the same as running shoes. i've shot around in runners and i have no stability at all.

Have two pairs of Kobe X ASGs on lock for Friday :pimp:

Dislike the Blue Lagoons after seein them in person and tryin them on..

damn...hate to say it..but the kobe x is a flop unless you are a true kobe fan.

don't see how the x is an upgrade from the ix at all...aesthetically and from a performance standpoint...

Wow really? Most people hated them for ball, including me. I did think they were ok for casual though. I remember running 1 game in them and quickly switching back to the Lebron 9.
Well the 7's seem like a shoe that needs significant break-in time so wearing them once might have been the problem.

Also am I the only one who thinks the blue lagoons look worse in person?

Last edited:
just got mine from ndc and here are my thoughts from trying them on and running around the house:

- the outsole has pretty nice traction and has a good bite to it but those treads won't last. i won't comment on how they stack up vs the 8 or 9 since i haven't played in them but they seem like they won't slip on any kind of surface.
- the cushioning was a lot more comfortable than i thought they would be. that heel zoom bag doesn't have that springy feeling even though it's under the lunar. the TPU midsole is softer than i thought which was pretty nice. overall, the lunar feels more or less the same than the 8 and 9. i still put both above the X though.
- the upper was a disappointment as expected. it definitely is a fuse with mesh overlay. i wondered why they didn't just call it fuse? in fact, it's worse than hyperfuse because these don't even have vents! it's not as rigid as i expected it but it flexes unnaturally with your foot.
- lockdown and support were there. my feet felt secure and lacing them was just fine for me. the tongue had enough padding in it to keep the lace pressure off my instep.
- heel to toe transition felt clunky. maybe this is because i haven't played in them but i felt like the bulky midsole combined with the weird upper just made it feel running in a low-cut boot.

overall, it's a comfortable shoe but definitely not an upgrade from the 8 or the 9. there was a distinct disconnect from my feet and the shoes, and it didn't feel like an extension of my feet. perhaps it needs more break-in time (something everyone didn't have to go through with the previous two models) but i'm not willing to eat the cost of this shoe to find out. these are going back to nike and i'll wait for a discount if anything or maybe wait for the flyknit version.

btw my stats are: 5'5" 145lbs slim build. PG/SG slashing, pull-up and spot up shooting. kobe 8 and 9 are my go-to's.

tl;dr: returning these and might pick these up for deep discount.

hope this helped.

Out there sexually abusing them shorts
roll.gif
Didn't even have to buy them dinner first

If they do limit the colorways I wonder if it has any connection with Kobe being out for the year. They did say "this season".

saw the 5am in person. not impressed. quality looks alright, but material is meh. how can a $180 shoe use the same upper as the $110 signature and charge you $70 more? felt how thin the forefoot is didn't try them on. 

Well the 7's seem like a shoe that needs significant break-in time so wearing them once might have been the problem.

Also am I the only one who thinks the blue lagoons look worse in person?

Even after being properly broken in the VII were pure trash performance wise...disappointing since that was the first shoe since the IV that had herringbone

well nick young strained a tendon in his foot wearing these
scares me away from keeping this. Beyond that, I found that it cut at my (left) foot, really awkwardly and it actually started to hurt after jumping in place a couple times. Well, I suppose I could always pick up some em9s or some 8s at this point... especially if I'm spending 180....

Picked up the 5 am Flight yesterday and like a few people have said on here cushioning set up feels great but takes away from court feel. This isn't a big deal, for me at least.

The upper is absolutely horrible though. I expect it will keep the foot contained still but I really have to question their weartesting process with these.

Sorry whats wrong with the upper?

Is it uncomfortable?

Can't say for myself, as i dont have a pair, but thats whats being said about the upper by a couple people

Something i been hearing often is that it flexs weird, and that it is a clear step down from flyknit/engineered mesh

Can anyone compare the 10s to KD 7?.. just wondering if the cushioning/court feel is the same.. if it is.. I might just to wait for the flyknit version of these

He just means he wondered how in the hell the material for the upper was ever Ok'ed

Exactly.

Sorry whats wrong with the upper?

Is it uncomfortable?

From using them very lightly so far it is not one with the foot like EM or even flyknit from the 9 (which still wasn't great in my opinion).

With that said I haven't had much time in them so maybe this will become better with time but just based on the materials I don't see it changing.

Also does anyone know why they haven't used a socklike flyknit upper in the basketball department yet? (i.e. mercurial superfly)

I want to say out feet would slide off the midsole when we cut if they used a fully flyknit upper. Nike could prevent that buy mixing in some fuse in key areas and padding other parts. I kind of think Nike is just holding out of us for now though. I can see the Kobe X elites being a bit more sock-like than the 9 elite, but thats just wishful thinking.

The Elite Xs seem like they're going to be must haves because the only major complaint against X right now is the upper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom