Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Why is Nike so insistent on staying with the same patterns. Last year we got nothing mainly solid cw's outside of the beethovens. This year everything is the asymmetrical design. Wishin for a little more variety out of them.

Flights > Teals in terms of looks....although I'm sure the flyknit is more comfortable than the fold n' pop fuse.

Wow it might just be me but I liked the first picture of the teals better. I thought they were nice but after these pics I saw na, not for $200 

Not digging the LS colorway being applied to Kobe.  Makes it look like a casual fit as opposed to basketball. Sheesh.

Lls funny guy the five he won previous Jordan just had another pack did he win
I think Nike is just saving marketing gimmick.  Maybe the Prelude Pack was a gamble when Kobe was getting hurt and Nike wanted to shake our pockets.  They are obviously doubling down on it, going with fruity pebble colorways, using anything they can find to sell.  They are maximizing his last year as a basketball player and trying to sell all tiers of his shoe.  If he does retire, then Nike will have the 'retro' game plan under way.  We ALL KNOW the signature line of any player carries declining value.  Just look at MJ's line.

I just can't stand the nick name bullness.  They make up gimmicky stuff like the "Prequel", "Sequel", "Closure", the "Farewell", the "Cresendo" pack and all that stuff. But please don't make these into some SB nick name dunks.  The Cheetos might be an all time low, just like Kobe's career the past year. =(  Just look at the 1s, the slam jam pack?  Or some anime fusion 6? WHAT!!

Last edited:
Jordans have declining value? :lol:
I think he means the signature line itself as it goes higher and higher not retros, Jordans shoes have gotten less popular as the years go by, (28s, 29s, etc.) The Penny, Barkley and Pippen lines aswell... retros will always be the cash cow but new models are usually not very favorable unless they do something like the Titanium 23s :x (luckily BigJ doesnt come into the Kobe threads :lol:) where the shoe is super limited which creates hype/value.

roll.gif
just noticed your pic @MF Gooze that's hilarious

I think he means the signature line itself as it goes higher and higher not retros, Jordans shoes have gotten less popular as the years go by, (28s, 29s, etc.) The Penny, Barkley and Pippen lines aswell... retros will always be the cash cow but new models are usually not very favorable unless they do something like the Titanium 23s
sick.gif
(luckily BigJ doesnt come into the Kobe threads
laugh.gif
) where the shoe is super limited which creates hype/value.
That's how I read it too - the sig lines get less and less important/relevant the further they get down the line after retirement. Performance may be great, but no one cares about the shoes the athlete did not/does not wear. YMMV.

So far they've giving the general public basic bish colourways for the elite lows. What happened to the sexyness of the use of flyknit on the 9s? This time last year we were already given the Beethoven's, the Moonwalkers and the University Reds. That's two iconic musicians (composer if you're nitpicky). This year we get flaming hot (trash) cheetos... What is their obsession with orange? It's even worse in Canada because we don't get NDC shipping, so I couldn't order the two toned black and white IDs. This message is obviously frustration over anything else.

Deciding between copping the atomics or an iD, gonna play it safe with either the grey fk, or two town black/white fk for the id

So far they've giving the general public basic bish colourways for the elite lows. What happened to the sexyness of the use of flyknit on the 9s? This time last year we were already given the Beethoven's, the Moonwalkers and the University Reds. That's two iconic musicians (composer if you're nitpicky). This year we get flaming hot (trash) cheetos... What is their obsession with orange? It's even worse in Canada because we don't get NDC shipping, so I couldn't order the two toned black and white IDs. This message is obviously frustration over anything else.

Could have sworn everyone hated the red and moonwalkers. People loved the beethovens tho

Could have sworn everyone hated the red and moonwalkers. People loved the beethovens tho
This. Everyone was complaining about how nike only relased solid colorways and that these werent that good because of that. Sometimes you dont realize how good you actually had it lol. 

This. Everyone was complaining about how nike only relased solid colorways and that these werent that good because of that. Sometimes you dont realize how good you actually had it lol. 
I have Beet's and the Thrillers, and I like the Rivalry's and Teals, just not sure I like them enough to buy them (for retail).

FK can just be amazing, it's kinda a bummer when it's just underutilized. I mean, Nike, just take my money - use all the MC FK you've been using on Chukkas, Air Maxes, etc. and just take my money!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom