Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

The 8s did the snake skin thing literally as well or did you forget about these?

FL-Unlocked-Nike-Kobe-8-EXT-YOTS-Black-Silver_01.jpg
of course I remember them I just felt both 9 exts did it better some how I never did comparison pics of all 3 which is weird
As bad as these are there is no denying they have the Snake crown.
I DDT everybody that disses this shoe in public while i'm wearing mine, looks something like this.....

The 8s did the snake skin thing literally as well or did you forget about these?

FL-Unlocked-Nike-Kobe-8-EXT-YOTS-Black-Silver_01.jpg
No, I didn't forget, but you're talking about an EXT version. I'm talking the Kobe 8's as a WHOLE did it better, especially the GR's.

Yeah, these are more of literal adaptation, but that doesn't mean that they HAD TO do it or that the other 8's weren't already doing it well WITHOUT the Literal approach.
wink.gif

yeah I like and prefer the more literal approach, didn't like the whole graphic snake design of the 8s at all, thank goodness for the 8 ext to save the 8s and show them how to do a real snake theme

I want a pair of the Snakes. Not to wear but I think they will be a real collectors item down the road. It's a very odd pair of Nikes and would look awesome on display.

of course I remember them I just felt both 9 exts did it better some how I never did comparison pics of all 3 which is weird

I DDT everybody that disses this shoe in public while i'm wearing mine, looks something like this.....
View media item 1692798

Snake Roberts. Ha ha ha

Last edited:
yeah I like and prefer the more literal approach, didn't like the whole graphic snake design of the 8s at all, thank goodness for the 8 ext to save the 8s and show them how to do a real snake theme

I disagree. Almost every 8 was based on a snake. Xmas lights, blue coral, and red camo are all very clean snake based colorways.

Love the 8's look but that's completely subjective, let's talk facts. The carbon fiber plate cracked easily with just a hand full of wears.

I disagree. Almost every 8 was based on a snake. Xmas lights, blue coral, and red camo are all very clean snake based colorways.
I didn't say the 8s weren't snake based, I said I didn't and don't like the graphic snake look, I prefer the embossed or the 6s style in showing the snake, heck in the red viper 9 ext does it better with the triangles than the 8s did, but again it's all subjective to ones taste, the only 8s I liked that did the snake theme right were the black mamba ext and ss Christmas

Take that Kobe name off of those Snottie and nobody's in.

You serious? Name and looks aside the Kobe V set the bar for bball shoes for years.

I'm pretty in on Sneakers mate, and when the Kobe V dropped, it never got a second look from me.

You know what that tells me, it means I was unplugged from NT and sneaker hype *** blogs and what not and could see the shoe was nothing.

I could see it.
I've been talked in to a few shoes and grew to love them, I was unplugged then, that shoe is trash without Kobe's name

So I missed everything of the discussion 
mean.gif

My short impressions:

I would definitely say, that people are able to wear the 9 highs and look good with them off court. Others will dislike it, but I wear what I like and not so satisfy others.    

The All Stars are one of the weaker 9 highs? In my opinion they are top 3 (top 5 at least).

View media item 1293273
Which model one prefers is subjective imo and that's good. Otherwise it would be totally lame. Personally I prefer the 9s, because they are so different and I love most of the cw's

I dont know if its me. The kobe X elite lows are not just runs extremely small (for me at least). They also heavier n lesser flexibility then the EM X versions. I wear my elite lows just walking only no ball in them. If they not came out the orange/yellow cw I woulda get it. I tried on the highs and they more comfier then the lows. And yes even better then the previous IX highs. I may get the grey pairs for show haha

I like the Maestros more than the Masterpiece, I think MP might actually be my number 3 right behind the Mamba Moments (default options)

I'm pretty in on Sneakers mate, and when the Kobe V dropped, it never got a second look from me.

You know what that tells me, it means I was unplugged from NT and sneaker hype *** blogs and what not and could see the shoe was nothing.

What does that have to do with what I just said? If you actually used them for playing basketball would know it wasn't "hype" that made people want them. They were and still are one of the best basketball shoes out

Ordered off Ebay for 180 + Free Ship ... Wanted these all summer but was waiting till the right deal came along. Wasn't paying 225+ for these 

Last edited:
8's are the GOAT. Almost every colorway was fire IMO. They did get lazy towards the end of the line like they usually do.

Back
Top Bottom