Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Sorry I'm a little late to the top 5 Kobe X color ways but my top 5:

1) some Elite IDs I made
2) some Elite IDs I made
3) shark HTM
4) some shark knock off IDs I made
5) I would say the blackouts but that EM upper was uncomfortable, so some laker color way IDs I made

Nike made some whack color ways to what I think is the best Kobe so far performance wise.

Is it just me, or is anyone else over the X since the XI has been revealed? Can't wait to try those on court. I was gonna try for the Xmas pair or the opening nights in disco, but on to the next ones.

Last edited:

the X is not broken, best Kobe since the 2 & 6 IMHO, yall and these love of drop in insoles and no midsoles, what's wrong with yall
roll.gif
The drop in is a midsole not just an insole.
exactly, no traditional midsole, maybe i should've spelled that out the first time, i figure just saying drop in insole that creates half the shoe would be enough common knowledge to not have to say that when pointing out the shoe has no midsole, my bad

exactly, no traditional midsole, maybe i should've spelled that out the first time, i figure just saying drop in insole that creates half the shoe would be enough common knowledge to not have to say that when pointing out the shoe has no midsole, my bad

What's the reason behind your hate for the drop in? Are you just not a fan of lunar? The insert provides the same functionality as a traditional midsole while letting the shoe sit closer to the ground. That has always been one of kobes preferences for models because he likes the added court feel from a lower profile shoe.

Also the midsole has been beefed up with the added zoom air in the heel, unlike the 9 or 8. This will help it not wear down as quickly like in past models. I wish they would have done both heel and forefoot zoom but that's just me.

Last edited:

What's the reason behind your hate for the drop in? Are you just not a fan of lunar? The insert provides the same functionality as a traditional midsole while letting the shoe sit closer to the ground. That has always been one of kobes preferences for models because he likes the added court feel from a lower profile shoe.

Also the midsole has been beefed up with the added zoom air in the heel, unlike the 9 or 8. This will help it not wear down as quickly like in past models. I wish they would have done both heel and forefoot zoom but that's just me.
i'm not a fan of lunar drop in in/midsoles at all, i don't like the feel, i don't like it's supposed fuctionality, i don't like it's comfort, i didn't like the mixed lunar/zoom air in the Lebron XI, i would be happy if nike dropped the lunar drop in in/midsole but it is what it is and i just plop those stupid insoles randomly somewhere and use my AJ2012 insoles in every shoe i own that has that drop in midsole idea nonsense, and IMHO drop in in/midsoles don't come anywhere colse to a traditional midsole

Reactions: God
I agree, somewhat.

Drop in midsoles work for me casually and for light workouts and maybe a game or two but, for playing ball for hours, I found the lunar to be too soft. I figure it has to be in ordered to get midsole into the shoe. With traditional midsoles you can atleast add cushioned insoles or orthotics to supplement them when they start to bottom out. 

Maybe its not the drop in midsole thats the problem. Maybe its the LUNAR drop in midsole thats the problem. I thought the hyperchase drop-in was dope and I can play in those all dat. The upper was stiff however.

I agree, somewhat.

Drop in midsoles work for me casually and for light workouts and maybe a game or two but, for playing ball for hours, I found the lunar to be too soft. I figure it has to be in ordered to get midsole into the shoe. With traditional midsoles you can atleast add cushioned insoles or orthotics to supplement them when they start to bottom out.

Maybe its not the drop in midsole thats the problem. Maybe its the LUNAR drop in midsole thats the problem. I thought the hyperchase drop-in was dope and I can play in those all dat. The upper was stiff however.
haven't tried the hyperchase, and i only wear these casually, and lunar just doesn't work for me, i tried in 3 diff shoes and it's just not for me, but i love the shoes so i just work around what i don't like with that simple fix

Drop in midsoles are so pointless. For a performance standpoint, which is all I care about, the Kobe 5 was very low to the ground and was very responsive. So you can miss me with that "the dip in give me you court feel" Bs. And lunar is just soft, not very responsive. It doesn't really return energy, just absorbs it.

The ability to replace the drop-ins is just a money grab from Nike. One of the main reasons they use lunar so much is because it doesn't last long, In turn making make more purchases.

I guess cause the complaint isn't big enough but I'm surprised no companies have tried to capitalize on making replacement lunar/special insoles

I guess cause the complaint isn't big enough but I'm surprised no companies have tried to capitalize on making replacement lunar/special insoles

They'd rather have people buy a whole shoe for $200 then $40 for a replacement insole.

But even a third-party (i.e. stance socks, the people who make special shoe laces, etc)...I guess if they have the technology to anyway

Drop in midsoles are so pointless. For a performance standpoint, which is all I care about, the Kobe 5 was very low to the ground and was very responsive. So you can miss me with that "the dip in give me you court feel" Bs. And lunar is just soft, not very responsive. It doesn't really return energy, just absorbs it.

The ability to replace the drop-ins is just a money grab from Nike. One of the main reasons they use lunar so much is because it doesn't last long, In turn making make more purchases.

The main complaint I hear from dudes that hoop in Kobe's, they are good for several hooping sessions and after that it seems like a waste of money. The lunar bottoms out and they are stuck with a shoe with no impact protection.

[/B]

The main complaint I hear from dudes that hoop in Kobe's, they are good for several hooping sessions and after that it seems like a waste of money. The lunar bottoms out and they are stuck with a shoe with no impact protection.

Not sure, but Ive beat down 4,5,6 to the ground. The 8 were supposed to be a great shoe too. Not surw about the 9, 10 yet.

With the sales going on for the X's, kind of considering a pair for beaters but are the soles on these pretty much going to disintegrate outdoors?

Exactly.  And what you said about the 5 is why it is my favorite -- excellent court feel and more response that a lunar drop in VIs weren't too far behind once broken in.

With the sales going on for the X's, kind of considering a pair for beaters but are the soles on these pretty much going to disintegrate outdoors?
Yes, I would not recommend buying these for outdoor use. The cushioning is great, but that outsole would get demolished.

Back
Top Bottom