Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

I understand people are ranking based on looks but ya gotta remember they are ball shoes and meant to be played in so when I rank I'm ranking not only looks but performance and comfort and what not
Yeah should be ranked by categories. And with the Elites and regular versions in the midst of 11 signature models you gotta be specific.

Last edited:
strictly performance

1. kobe 6
2. kobe 10
3. kobe 9
4. kobe 8
5. kobe 4
6. kobe 5

i can see the 11's being #1 just because of that forefoot zoom.

Didn't the 8s come with an extra insole with full length zoom? Was it ever sold separately?

nikeid has full length zoom.
I understand that but the released versions as of now don't

i don't get what you're trying to get at?

the point is i have the option of full length zoom in the shoe, whereas i did not have that option in the 10's, 9's or 8's (aside from the superhero elite, but i didn't wanna spend $200 just for the insole).

Didn't the 8s come with an extra insole with full length zoom? Was it ever sold separately?

the 8 superhero had forefoot and heel. kobe 7 you were able to buy separate insoles.

the point is i have the option of full length zoom in the shoe, whereas i did not have that option in the 10's, 9's or 8's (aside from the superhero elite, but i didn't wanna spend $200 just for the insole).
the 8 superhero had forefoot and heel. kobe 7 you were able to buy separate insoles.
You could literally put any drop in insole in the Kobe 11. The point is that because the release versions don't come with full length I don't really consider it to come with it, you have to go through iD to get it

Ahh, nice.

I hope they do the same with the XIs eventually, wouldn't mind getting those full length zoom insole without going the ID route. I also wouldn't mind replacing the insole on the Mentality's with full length zoom.

You could literally put any drop in insole in the Kobe 11. The point is that because the release versions don't come with full length I don't really consider it to come with it, you have to go through iD to get it

you're not making any sense.

i still stand by my statement. 11's will be goat with full length zoom. can't wait. :pimp:

1. 6
2. 5
3. 8
4. 9
5. 10

Honorable mention goes to the 4. Haven't tried the XI yet, but I've read the traction isn't that great.

i still stand by my statement. 11's will be goat with full length zoom. can't wait.
pimp.gif
Did you order an XI iD yet?  I'm anxious to get that full zoom insert in but I want to see some finished uppers...

Last edited:
4 & 5 are ugly shoes 6 i like the snake design they did which makes them awesome in my book as for the appeal that's what makes me have an appeal for his shoes is the ext style and mamba/snake theme, prints not included bcuz i hate prints, Xs are mad comfy and have nice materials on their ext plus a midsole, 2 is an awesome shoe with a midsole and a strap though many of the colors i already have so i only need the preludes, plus they're basically better 2k4s which i also like, so as for appeal that's not about understanding, it's about your opinion, likes and dislikes

you gotta think about the price and all that as well. i hqve yet to ball in the 10s, but weight wise, the 4-6 were like top grade pireilli tires. the Vs were like bride seats. had your foot situated and planted.

soles were toned to spec.

4 n 6 were start n finishes. 5 will always be the best. the 8 were just a last attempt to heave the concept of the 4-6, so its always favorite.

9-11 are millenials hype beast ritchie rich types like dangelo. basically q basketball turning into a LS.

i still stand by my statement. 11's will be goat with full length zoom. can't wait. :pimp:
You could put the full length zoom midsole in the Kobe 9 and it could be better. Plus the traction on the 11 is trash as opposed to the 9 being the best I've ever played in. My point is that a drop in midsole you can interchange between models including that doesn't really make a difference to me. To each his own though

Did you order an XI iD yet?  I'm anxious to get that full zoom insert in but I want to see some finished uppers...

not yet, i wanna see how the uppers truly look in person (even though i'll only be using the white and black ones. not messing with the painted flyknit)

You could put the full length zoom midsole in the Kobe 9 and it could be better. Plus the traction on the 11 is trash as opposed to the 9 being the best I've ever played in. My point is that a drop in midsole you can interchange between models including that doesn't really make a difference to me. To each his own though

it's not an official insole for the 9's, therefore i don't mess around with that stuff. i had 1 major knee injury and don't need anymore because i'm putting shoes together like lego. i wouldn't recommend putting a lebron insole into a kobe shoe and playing basketball. for casual sure, but not for performance.

the traction on the 10's was really bad until it was broken in. i expect the same thing out of the 11. i'll make my own judgement when i get the shoes.

not yet, i wanna see how the uppers truly look in person (even though i'll only be using the white and black ones. not messing with the painted flyknit)
it's not an official insole for the 9's, therefore i don't mess around with that stuff. i had 1 major knee injury and don't need anymore because i'm putting shoes together like lego. i wouldn't recommend putting a lebron insole into a kobe shoe and playing basketball. for casual sure, but not for performance.

the traction on the 10's was really bad until it was broken in. i expect the same thing out of the 11. i'll make my own judgement when i get the shoes.
Yeah the 10 traction was fine but the 11 has been horrible so far and I know a lot of people will say the same

4 & 5 are ugly shoes 6 i like the snake design they did which makes them awesome in my book as for the appeal that's what makes me have an appeal for his shoes is the ext style and mamba/snake theme, prints not included bcuz i hate prints, Xs are mad comfy and have nice materials on their ext plus a midsole, 2 is an awesome shoe with a midsole and a strap though many of the colors i already have so i only need the preludes, plus they're basically better 2k4s which i also like, so as for appeal that's not about understanding, it's about your opinion, likes and dislikes

you gotta think about the price and all that as well. i hqve yet to ball in the 10s, but weight wise, the 4-6 were like top grade pireilli tires. the Vs were like bride seats. had your foot situated and planted.

soles were toned to spec.

4 n 6 were start n finishes. 5 will always be the best. the 8 were just a last attempt to heave the concept of the 4-6, so its always favorite.

9-11 are millenials hype beast ritchie rich types like dangelo. basically q basketball turning into a LS.

But I don't play basketball ball so none of that matters to me. The X, are the only model I want a non ext of so they get a nod over the IX and VI, even though the VI upper is diff, I doubt I'd ever buy a VI unless they're retroed, same with the 2 I only want the preludes that marble is crazy but the whites and black/yellow 2s are really nice but I've got to much of those colors to make me buy those cws, I can still appreciate them, minus the yots 8 ext I hate everything about the 8s, I hate the drop in lunar midsole so I only own the XI EXTs which only appeal bcuz of how diff they were from each other, when I find the white highs X ext for under $150 I'll prob pass the mid to my lil bro in law bcuz they're not much diff than the each other and I only need one, which is why I haven't bought the black mids for $100, rather have the highs

Back
Top Bottom