Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Idk, I'm liking the X high prototype so far

Need some CWs but they have my attention

As for the lows, I'm also eyeing the poison green johns

What :lol:

Yeah, kids are tearing their Achilles all over the country in the Kobe 8

Idk how many 8s you had or if you even play basketball, but on break in of all 4 pairs of my 8s i had achillies pain. For about 2 weeks. After that no pain. Just during break in. I was not the only one. More people in the 8 thread said the same and also on a google search more people saying the same.

Im not trying to be controversial at all. Just a shoe gave me pain ive never had before. Guy who wore the most new pairs of that show had an injury where i and others felt pain. Thats not an unreasonable conclusion. Xavier henry also.

Idk how many 8s you had or if you even play basketball, but on break in of all 4 pairs of my 8s i had achillies pain. For about 2 weeks. After that no pain. Just during break in. I was not the only one. More people in the 8 thread said the same and also on a google search more people saying the same.

Im not trying to be controversial at all. Just a shoe gave me pain ive never had before. Guy who wore the most new pairs of that show had an injury where i and others felt pain. Thats not an unreasonable conclusion. Xavier henry also.
The 8 had nothing to do with his achilles tearing, his body just gave out. If you watched the Lakers throughout that season you would know he was playing absolutely way too many minutes for his age. He was single-handedly trying to carry his team to playoffs after them getting off to a rough start. I think he averaged like 45+ minutes per game during his last 6 or 7 games leading up to the achilles rupture. D'Antoni should've never let him play that amount of minutes.

The 8 had nothing to do with his achilles tearing, his body just gave out. If you watched the Lakers throughout that season you would know he was playing absolutely way too many minutes for his age. He was single-handedly trying to carry his team to playoffs after them getting off to a rough start. I think he averaged like 45+ minutes per game during his last 6 or 7 games leading up to the achilles rupture. D'Antoni should've never let him play that amount of minutes.
can be both. Weakness in the area plus extra force from the dynamics of the shoe design can lead to the injury.

Idk, I'm liking the X high prototype so far

Need some CWs but they have my attention

As for the lows, I'm also eyeing the poison green johns
Really hoping the purple highs are prototypes and the fly knit will lift the look of the shoe on the finished product. They have a nice silhouette just a rough finish to them

I second the achilles pain in the 8's. Had a pair of sulfurs, would get achilles soreness after hooping in them. Carbon fiber cracked, took them back to Nike DC, got another pair. Happened again. Thought it was me, until I went back to playing in Kobe V's and Melo 9's, no pain. Tried the 8's again weeks later, achilles pain all over again. Went back to other shoes, no pain. Got rid of all my 8's after that.

Last edited:
Ive seen guys wearing high tops pop their Achilles. I have also seen someone wearing the Kobe 4's also do it. The shoe has nothing to due with it. Most people that tear their Achilles are people who have or have had previous knee problems. Players overcompensate and put too much stress on them and they pop.

Sorry the Kobe 8's are not the reason why he tore his achilles

with some good CWs these will be copped. 

thank god kobes havent gotten the giant swoosh on the front laterall side of the shoe treatment like KDs and brons

I rehabbed in my 8's after my acl surgery and I'm fine. It's not the shoes

Your acl isn't your achilles.

yes, but it's all affected.

having lost all muscle in my leg, that puts strain on my joints including my achilles. my achilles was fine throughout the rehab and still is.

i was just ballin in my fades today. i have a high arch. absolutely no achilles pain (or knee pain). maybe you should start strengthening those legs of yours.

Last edited:
yes, but it's all affected.

having lost all muscle in my leg, that puts strain on my joints including my achilles. my achilles was fine throughout the rehab and still is.

i was just ballin in my fades today. i have a high arch. absolutely no achilles pain (or knee pain). maybe you should start strengthening those legs of yours.
Typical response, and it's cool. I currently squat 465, and then currently run a 4/7 40, as per the S and T program my coaches have me on.

That said, the podiatrist who works with us examined the shoes, and then stated that the shoes, due to my arches, are not for me. Perhaps your foot is more suited for this shoe in particular, but the position that my arches are in, due to the last used in the Kobe line, are not good for me.

If a shoe does not fit you properly, it can and will cause problems, ask KD. 

sorry to hear.

that doesn't mean the shoe is bad though..

People who say the shoe doesn't matter - it absolutely does. I had a stress fracture on top of my left foot, my primary jumping foot, because of the lack of arch support in most (if not all) basketball shoes. I had to get orthotics and stop playing for about 2 months to rehab it.

YOU may not have any issues playing in a particular type of shoe, but to say that all do not is just downright ignorant. I am not trying to be inflammatory or go at anyone specifically, just trying to drop some knowledge. I never experienced achilles problems but many people had heel slippage and some people had other issues, is that to say that was not the shoes fault? Probably not, but it was specific to THAT person and THAT shoe.

Basically, keep an open mind - your experience is not the ONLY experience lol.

With more pictures surfacing, it makes me more and more excited to see for the official Nike unveiling of the X.  

I wonder what the cushioning will be.  Looks like Zoom.  I really hope it is.  Biggest negative about the 8's and 9's were the short life of the Lunarlon.  If they only had zoom instead, they would be perfect.  

Looks like these will have a ridiculous high price as well. I havent bought any kobes since the 8s
I second the achilles pain in the 8's. Had a pair of sulfurs, would get achilles soreness after hooping in them. Carbon fiber cracked, took them back to Nike DC, got another pair. Happened again. Thought it was me, until I went back to playing in Kobe V's and Melo 9's, no pain. Tried the 8's again weeks later, achilles pain all over again. Went back to other shoes, no pain. Got rid of all my 8's after that.

Wow Now that I think about it, I remember having achilles soreness when I use to ball last year, I too was wearing kb8s and the Carbon fiber was also cracked. I wore them out so I had to stop playing in them, I havent had any pains lately since ive been balling in other nike models,but I never thought it was the shoes that could of been causing that. But the time frame lines right up.

laugh.gif
 I'm sorry, I had to.......no hating, I just can't stop hearing these reviews in a Kip voice 
laugh.gif

Damn Phil didn't know you tore the acl!
Yeah man, I tore it in July but didn't have surgery till November. I landed awkwardly after grabbing a rebound in the Crimson lows (i loved those shoes). I probably killed the cushioning because I wore them non-stop. I think injuries have more to do with muscle imbalances than the shoes but sometimes the right shoes can save you for awhile. 

I'm about 9 weeks out now and walking almost normally again, thank god!

Back
Top Bottom