Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

I admit I haven't tried non-Nike performance shoes in a while.

I think I soured on other brands from when I was a kid and I wore Reebok, Puma and Brooks.

Nike just felt better to me.

I've tried on Adidas and they felt nice they still don't have that supreme luxury comfort some flagship Nikes have

When I hear people rave about other brands all I hear them rave about is the value relative to more expensive Nikes but I haven't heard them rave them this the best shoe ever like what you hear with Nikes

I admit I haven't tried non-Nike performance shoes in a while.

I think I soured on other brands from when I was a kid and I wore Reebok, Puma and Brooks.

Nike just felt better to me.

I've tried on Adidas and they felt nice they still don't have that supreme luxury comfort some flagship Nikes have

When I hear people rave about other brands all I hear them rave about is the value relative to more expensive Nikes but I haven't heard them rave them this the best shoe ever like what you hear with Nikes

To me, clutchfits are the best performance shoe I've ever worn On court. I literally forget I'm even wearing shoes when I'm playing in them... but, I'm super pumped for tomorrow. Had to sell off 4 pairs of Roshes and Bred 11's to get the lady's approval, and I got it. This is the most excited I've been about a shoe since the Python 8s.

As you can see, I wear shoes I like. I don't give a damn about hype.

Last edited:
Got the AS in the mail yesterday. I'm a sz 11 with wide feet, so I wear sz 11.5 Kobe 9s (no Sneaker Shield). 

I really like the sole (walking around) as it's more plush than the 9. The engineered mesh outer is ok. I don't like how it bends and, in turn, warps the swoosh. It's just a look I don't like. Flyknit masks this element well. This is one of the major reasons I will be returning them. That and the pictures of the triangle details falling off with usage. The eyelets look/feel cheap. The swoosh looks cheap. It doesn't feel like a $200 shoe. The box and tissue are legit for 2 though. 

The fade in the sole looks better in person and pops, but I just don't like fades (especially when they fade to Volt). The tongue isn't drastically taller than the 9s tongue. The heel tab is clean looking and futuristic but is pretty thin and might look whack after a little bendage. 

The fit is larger than the 9. The 11.5 AS was very nice width-wise, but overall my heel would rise a bit (even with a Sneaker Shield). I wear my 9s untied, so the X would require me to tie them for a non-shifting fit. I'm going to go into the store to try on an 11. The 11.5 is very comfortable but I want to see if the 11 is perfect. 

I haven't tried the traction on court, but it felt phenomenal walking around on a wooden floor. Almost like lightweight suction. The sole is awesome feel-wise. 

Anyway, that's my experience. I cannot wait for a possible future flyknit as I'm loving the sole feel. 

The charged foam in the Currys are butter. Plush when just standing around and more rigid when actually moving and jumping. It's basically what I wish lunarlon was. For 120 they are great kicks.

The Clutchfit Drive might be the best basketball shoe I've ever played in. I like what makes my feet feel good after 3 hrs of hoops multiple times a week. Doesn't matter if it's Anta or Lining, so I'll state that here now.

I'm I'm the minority who love the Lebron 12 and the LB X elite was the last shoe from nike I absolutely loved. I liked the Kobe 8 when they were brand new but the lack of longevity turned me off eventually. Passed on all 9s for hat reason. The Xs, from everything I've read and heard, appear to have a denser lunarlon similar to Micro G seen in UAs clutchfit. Whether it's as good we will have to see and when I get them in I can write a review, but yall are blinded by the brand if you think Nike has been putting out the best hoops shoes the past year and a half.

There's nothing wrong with brand loyalty. I'll admit it's weird when I even think about buying other brands now since I stayed true to the swoosh for so long. But their business model is such that they give the consumer the minimal, market the hell out of it, slap an athlete to it, and then increase prices each year. At some point, that bubble bursts and I don't know if it'll even happen in my lifetime lol, but some competition will do it right and challenge at least the basketball side of things one day.
ALL

OF

THIS

nthat.gif

Got the AS in the mail yesterday. I'm a sz 11 with wide feet, so I wear sz 11.5 Kobe 9s (no Sneaker Shield). 

I really like the sole (walking around) as it's more plush than the 9. The engineered mesh outer is ok. I don't like how it bends and, in turn, warps the swoosh. It's just a look I don't like. Flyknit masks this element well. This is one of the major reasons I will be returning them. That and the pictures of the triangle details falling off with usage. The eyelets look/feel cheap. The swoosh looks cheap. It doesn't feel like a $200 shoe. The box and tissue are legit for 2 though. 

The fade in the sole looks better in person and pops, but I just don't like fades (especially when they fade to Volt). The tongue isn't drastically taller than the 9s tongue. The heel tab is clean looking and futuristic but is pretty thin and might look whack after a little bendage. 

The fit is larger than the 9. The 11.5 AS was very nice width-wise, but overall my heel would rise a bit (even with a Sneaker Shield). I wear my 9s untied, so the X would require me to tie them for a non-shifting fit. I'm going to go into the store to try on an 11. The 11.5 is very comfortable but I want to see if the 11 is perfect. 

I haven't tried the traction on court, but it felt phenomenal walking around on a wooden floor. Almost like lightweight suction. The sole is awesome feel-wise. 

Anyway, that's my experience. I cannot wait for a possible future flyknit as I'm loving the sole feel. 
I feel the same way when it comes to the shoe and my wide feet. Went up 1/2 on the 8s & 9s  and it fits great while the 10s not so much. When I tried on the AS and walked around, I could feel like the upper popping around the medial side of the toe box. Still can't figure out why it is doing so.  Could may be the upper or possibly going up a 1/2 size. I would like to try my normal wide width to see if they fit better.

I think I am in on the blackouts. Sucker for purple Kobes.
laugh.gif
at this rate seems like your gonna have all the lows

The ASG's and the silk road i really disklike but i havent seen a colorway, that im dying to buy
5AMs are going back, may grab them on deep discount. Design is ok but the price is not cool with me. But I am a Laker fan and Kobe head, so its hard to resist each pair, yes.

Apologies if this has been covered already, been out of the thread for a week or 2. Got my asgs when they dropped, didn't try them on until today. Is anyone else having a sever pinch around the bottom of the big toe? I bought to ball in but ihad way too much discomfort when walking, wondering if I should try and break them in or just return?

Apologies if this has been covered already, been out of the thread for a week or 2. Got my asgs when they dropped, didn't try them on until today. Is anyone else having a sever pinch around the bottom of the big toe? I bought to ball in but ihad way too much discomfort when walking, wondering if I should try and break them in or just return?
when i tried them on from straight out of the box, they were laced up extremely tight, maybe loosen up all the laces first and try again.  these are kinda narrow though in general, might need to half size up.  

I copped a size 10 successfully off SNS, I've had great success with them over the years, and gotta love a pair of Kobe Xs for 20 dollars under retail shipped

Back
Top Bottom