KONG: Skull Island (movie thread) March 10, 2017 - NEW Trailer OUT

Have a free screening tomorrow night, but it is a theater that is a tad bit out my way, and to try to beat traffic and get in line is a no go. Will see Sunday night tho.

Movie wasn't bad at all and no they did not give Kong the Godzilla treatment, they were definitely not shy on showing him off.I mean the story still evolves around the people but I never felt like there's a moment where I missed him.

Just come in with little to no expectation and be open to accept some ridiculousness and I think it'll be enjoyable.

They kept everything very simple and straightforward, no emotional investments or attachments but Brie Larson looks good and that end credit scene is a must see.

Haven't seen Lego Batman because it came out the same weekend as John Wick 2.

Logan is far and ahead better and if I were to rank those 3, Kong would be last but not because it's that bad.

Then again I liked DoFP so I am not sure my word is something you'd trust :lol:

There was enough Kong but the movie wasn't as good as it could've been.

Very lazy writing from the middle to the end of the movie.

Started losing me a bit after they found the dude who got stranded.

It was better than Godzilla to me, though.

Yah movie wasn't complex at all, just as straightforward as possible, it's a nice set-up to the giant monster world...

and they alluded to Kong still growing so by the timeline reaches Godzilla, they'll probably be the same size

Haven't seen Lego Batman because it came out the same weekend as John Wick 2.

Logan is far and ahead better and if I were to rank those 3, Kong would be last but not because it's that bad.

Then again I liked DoFP so I am not sure my word is something you'd trust :lol:

Heard great things about Logan and lego batman

This was easily higher on my expectations list.. hell the other 2 weren't really on my list.. but I gotta go check em out, get out too

John wick 2 though :smokin

Heading to the movies tomorrow..

How would you rank: Lego batman, Logan or this?

Logan
LEGO Batman Movie
Kong; Skull Island

TBH, I have John Wick 2, Split and Get Out above Kong this year so far. Hell, I have Fist Fight above Kong.

Need to watch all 3.. just trying figure out an order

GODZILLA VS. KONG Writers Room Adds PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, STAR TREK BEYOND, & WORLD WAR Z Scribes

In 2020, get ready for the Monster movie to end all Monster movies with Godzilla vs. Kong, an epic film that will pit the two larger-than-life beasts up against one another in the fight of the century.

With Kong: Skull Island hitting theaters today and Godzilla: King of the Monsters on the verge of beginning principal photography, The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Legendary Entertainment is already looking ahead to the eventual team-up movie and have begun work by establishing a writers room.

Terry Rossio, best known for co-writing the first four films in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, will lead the room and he'll be joined by Star Trek Beyond scribes Patrick McKay & J.D. Payne, Lindsey Beer (The Kingkiller Chronicle), Cat Vasko (Queen of the Air), T.S. Nowlin (The Maze Runner, Pacific Rim 2), and J. Michael Straczynski (Thor, World War Z).

The report adds that once the team works out the best ideas and story beats, a single writer will be chosen to pen the actual script.

Godzilla vs. Kong stomps into theaters May 29, 2020

movie was fun as hell, the "glamour" shots of some of the actors were a little much tho.

how the hell did Dr Dre and the Asian chick go from not knowing anything to briefing Loki and the other chick about Godzilla and monster island [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:
Fun movie, definitely something to see in a theater with a good screen and audio. I imagine the experience would be different at home. Big monster movie genre isn't even my thing. Didn't know there was a post credit scene, but I'm sure there'll be a leak.

Movie was a letdown to me. While fun in some parts the forced comedy and some plots had me picking vit apart with my friend s. The movie isn't terrible but i would say don't rush out to see it i couldve waited for cable for this

And the action in some partdbwhere cringeworth my god. When ole girl shot the flare gun loki suddenly is a samurai some **** got too ridiculous for me

Loki is a Norse God. He can do whatever he wants.

I was disappointed Captain Marvel couldn't move that jet and needed King Kong's help, smh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom