Kurupt - Streetz Iz a Mutha - Appreciation Thread

Another one of my west coast fav albums off all-time. This was Kurupts 2nd solo album that was released in 1999. I think this one was pretty sleeped on. I knowthere was 3 videos released in "Girls All Pause", "Streetz iz a Mutha" and "Who Ride Wit Us". IMO Kurupt was on of the bestlyricists from the Death Row camp. Can't believe it will be 10 years in November since this album dropped

Kuruptstreetzizamutha.jpg
[table][tr][td]1. I Call Shots[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Loose Cannons - Kurupt, Arnaud, Delmar[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Who Ride Wit Us[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Represent Dat G.C.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Welcome Home[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6. Tequila[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7. Trylogy - Kurupt, Harrell, Roosevelt[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8. Neva Gonna Give It Up - Kurupt, Womack, Cecil[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9. Tha Streetz Iz a Mutha - Kurupt, Arnaud, Delmar[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10. Ya Can't Trust Nobody[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11. It Ain't About You[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12. Girls All Pause - Kurupt, Brown, R.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13. Your Gyrl Friend[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14. Ho's a Housewife[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15. I Ain't SH%T Without My Homeboyz[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16. Step Up[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17. Live on the Mic[/td] [/tr][/table]

aww man, i didn't even think anyone would make a post about this... talking about Classic!! you forget to mention his first album homie"Kuruption"

Trylogy is probably one of the most slept on Hip-Hop tracks that ever came out in the History of making music making rap making Hip-Hop etc... yo listen tothat song read the lyrics and if you understand the GB mentality (robbing, etc. aww man) he captured it like no one will ever be able to ever again.

Fox5Kobe wrote:
aww man, i didn't even think anyone would make a post about this... talking about Classic!! you forget to mention his first album homie "Kuruption"

Trylogy is probably one of the most slept on Hip-Hop tracks that ever came out in the History of making music making rap making Hip-Hop etc... yo listen to that song read the lyrics and if you understand the GB mentality (robbing, etc. aww man) he captured it like no one will ever be able to ever again.
Yep this joint was nice, just like the whole CD. I didnt know there was a video for trilogy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

aww man, i didn't even think anyone would make a post about this... talking about Classic!! you forget to mention his first album homie "Kuruption"
pimp.gif

'We Can Freak It' still gets heavy rotation at the parties round my way

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Call shots is one of the coldest intros. Roscoe went bonkers
on roscoes philaphornia cd, he took the call shots beat and used it also, the lyrics are different but its still hot.

this cd had the misfortune of releasing the same day chronic 2001 did and thats why its so slept on

i still remember listening to this in highschool
laugh.gif
when hearing motherfreak d motherfreak m only x i know is xzibit n rbx

i'm not trying to start nothing, but if kurupt was from any other region, he would most likely get alot more fanfare and whatnot. i blame that on the radiostations though for limiting their west coast music selection to only snoop, game, and the occasional playing of california love every now and then.

This album is a CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every damn track is a banger... i was about to post this too

but i feel this track is slept on
���

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

on roscoes philaphornia cd, he took the call shots beat and used it also, the lyrics are different but its still hot.

this cd had the misfortune of releasing the same day chronic 2001 did and thats why its so slept on

laugh.gif
What song? I only have I love Cali by him

Kurupt is the Michael Vick of the rap game. He killed it for a few years and there wasnt too many seein him, but he never really TRULY lived up to hispotential. So sad. This album and Kuruption still get played OFTEN in the ride.

from beginning to end this album is
pimp.gif

and for all my dudes who used to or still skate, Mike Carroll using Trylogy for his part in Modus Operandi
pimp.gif

lakersmets49ers wrote:

laugh.gif

just check out his first album..... the pre-release version was better then the retail one...

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

laugh.gif
its on the philafornia cd, it released in 2003 i believe. roscoes cd was pretty good imo.

Back
Top Bottom