La Bamba movie ending Vol. Gets me every time

figpudding

Banned
I watch La Bamba the way some people watch Titanic, in that I always hope and wish and expect for Ritchie not to get on that damn plane; the same way we want Jack to live in Titanic. Obviously, the movie never changes, though. 

Anyway, when his brother screams "RITCHIE!!!" at the end... 
ohwell.gif

homeroom teacher showed us this movie in 8th grade....:frown:

I was kinda with a light-skinned, blonde mexican girl at that time that was also in my homeroom... that movie hit hard.... especially since we never spoke to each other again after graduating 8th grade.... :frown:

that first love.... she still pops up in my dreams every now and then.

Last edited:
His older brother should've never taken off his good luck necklace. But yeah, it's a sad ending.

lol im gonna show him this thread. 
He shows up to my job every single day, mad cool dude.
I told him i liked him on Paid in full lol

Nothing hits me like that toilet scene in The Pursuit of Happyness and when he made it in the end. Maaaan I was trying every trick in the book not to shed a tear 
mean.gif

No idea how I'm just hearing about this movie....Ritchie Valens was that dude even though he had such a short career

Sad movie. Dude almost made it! I wonder if his family ever got some kind of money to upgrade their living.

esai morales, you are appreciated.

True indeed...

Loved the producers getting Los Lobos to perform the songs too. Couldn't have been a better more perfect choice.

Sad that Valens was only 17 when he died...Frickin 17... RIP...

Last edited:
Kind of related. I always found this quote by Don McLean pretty damn funny....

"When asked what "American Pie" meant, McLean replied, "It means I never have to work again."

Great movie.

The guy playing Jackie Wilson who looks like a 50s Carlton's singing game was ON FIRE:

La Bamba was on TV and caught the last hour.
Yep it always hits hard.
My brother and I have been having a little drama because of our wives so the last time Ritchie spoke to his brother Bob before getting on the plane got me feelin sentimental.
"We still brothers arent we? Bob?...you still there?"
"Yeah cabron...im still here...and im still your brother"

Emotions all around.

Also just realized that Twist and Shout which came after la bamba is identical.
You can sing twist and shout to la bamba perfectly.
Ritchie and Buddy Holly were pioneers

"Ritchie relax...the sky belongs to the stars right" -Buddy Holly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom