**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

one thing I like about this team is I feel like injury won't set us back :lol: unless it's DLO or clarkson god forbid no one else is really THAT impactful and can be replaced. Like if mozgov got hurt, it's not like he was gon be giving us 15 and 12 every night anyways

Was able to watch last night and the team can compete with scoring with anyone but GSW. (Mike Brown days we'd die on offense put up like 85 points a game)

D;LO was :pimp: :pimp: and couldn't be stopped, his shot form is the same everytime and is getting a better feel and looking dame like.

Randle is a one man wrecking ball with no control- will get 4 offensive fouls a game but like his bullying in the paint.

The second unit will probably outscore our starting lineup.

The 3 minute mark to the 6 minute mark of the 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th are where we have been losing and losing games since 2011 as we couldn't find ways to score.

Clarkson
Lou
Swaggy
Nance
Tarq Black

Can give you 50 points off the bench on any given night.

Brandon Ingram hasn't shown out but not writing him off yet- he's just really raw and looks lost at times when he can shoot over anyone.

Love the energy and ability for the team to push up the floor makes it exciting basketball and the culture has changed thanks to Luke!

:smokin

:smokin

Can't wait to see all these self hating Laker fans eat crow on Randle.
Just putting it out there, but I would love nothing more than for Randle to make me eat crow.
This.

I've been high on D'lo and Jordan from day one, it's more wait and see with Randle.

I'm also even more certain that this is a 30 win team. It's only preseason but we've looked good against DEN and SAC, who are projected to finish ahead. I don't see how we're the worst team in the west.

Found this gem on youtube. The game has changed so much in just a few years.

I can still remember exactly where I was watching this game & who I was with. (Burbank Bar & Grill)

I was rocking my white Bynum jersey with a yellow Undefeated fitted :smokin

After the game we went to a bar in DTLA and everyone was repping the Lakers, horns honking on the street, flags flying, drunk dudes yelling LAKERS! randomly every 10-15 minutes and everyone going crazy

Honestly one of the best nights of being a Laker fan ever

I missed the last 2 pre season games but I like what I'm seeing especially from D'Lo. He has a good shot of averaging 20, 5, 5 and might get selected as an allstar reserve.

This is the perfect offense for Nick. You give him spot up 3s and a green light, he's going to thrive. I think he makes it thru the season

I did once say Nick Young can play defense. If you can get him to buy in. Which is a huge task. Word to Neil Olshey

5 players will be cut assuming Swaggy and Lou aren't waived or traded

I got MWP, Yi, Auguste, Jacobs and Wear as the 5 cuts

What do u guys think?

Dlo/Huertas/Calderon
JC/Lou/Young/Jacobs
Deng/Ingram/Brown/MWP
Randle/Nance/Yi/Robinson
Moz/Tarik/Zubac/Auguste/Wear

Last edited:
If I had to guess MWP gets cut and is offered an advisory position.
Auguste
Jacobs
Wear
Thomas Robinson

Zubac & Brown get most of the year to be in the DLeague.

Yi kept over Robinson because 1. Robinson will never play.. He legitimately has no place on the roster.. Randle & Nance are basically more skilled Robinson (I love TRob by the way) 2. Neither does Yi have much niche on the roster, but Yi's contracts guarantees kick in throughout the season, gives something to throw on top for Salary reasons if we have a deal in place and need money. 3. Word is they want Yi to be a 5

I don't think Nick will be let go until end of the season if need be. Reasons they didn't do it this year was;
-Brand new coach who isn't an idiot, hoping he can make Nick look like MDA had him.
- Didn't need to financially this season. Will likely need to next offseason.

As for as during the season goes... Lou Will, Calderon, Yi, Nick should be on the block all year.... What you can get, I don't know. But I'd trade our 2nd too, or the 2018 Denver or 2019 Chicago 2nd... Would love a perimeter defensive guy in return, after lack of current superstar talent, biggest hole is perimeter defense.

Last edited:
Anyone going to the game tomorrow? Friend transfered me tix but are the games all ticketless now and use phone to enter the arena?

Will be interesting to see what kind of defensive progress DLo has made while he's chasing around Dame tonight.
Should be a nice early challenge for him.

Back
Top Bottom