**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Did I contradict myself? I don't think I did.

I had no idea Magic or Jerry West would be coming back. But now that it seems to be the case n you bet it has more credibility than it did a couple weeks ago.

Jazz have $13mil in cap space... Have two 1st Rounders that they've acquired GSW 2017 & OKC 15-30 in 2018.

Have a little bit of a hole in their back court off the bench

Lou Will, Tarik Black, Thomas Robinson.....
for
Boris Diaw, Jeff Withey & Joel Bolomboy, Thunder Top 15 protected in 2018, Detroit 2017 2nd.

Clear minutes up for Zubac & Russell.. Clarkson's role gets to change for the better.

Last edited:
Don't think they'd do any deal involving Diaw
Pretty sure they like the vet presence JJ and Diaw bring to the table, especially now that they've established themselves as a playoff team

Please move Jim out of the way and bring J Weezy back!!!

This offseason will be action packed

Last edited:
The Vertical Podcast with Woj

Lakers forward Julius Randle joins Adrian Wojnarowski on The Vertical Podcast with Woj.

Randle discusses the influences of Kobe Bryant and Metta World Peace on his young professional career, the intense scrutiny of life as a Kentucky Wildcat, John Calipari and how he's approaching fatherhood with his newborn son after growing up without his father in the household.
https://art19.com/shows/vertical/episodes/b1d6f96a-2cab-4b01-9e5c-4b4c1de55871

AS THE LEAD on business affairs, Jeanie Buss does largely stay away from the on-court product. She has said publicly that she often learns of the team's basketball decisions via news reports or texts from her brother. Sources said Kupchak rarely, if ever, communicates with Jeanie Buss, believing he reports only to her brother.

That funnel effect has essentially given Kupchak incredible power over decision-making, with only one boss to hold him accountable for successes and failures.

But there have been occasions when his failures become Jeanie's. Because she manages the team's corporate partnerships, like with television partner Spectrum Cable, she is the one managing the fallout from the team's four-year downturn on the court and underwhelming free-agent signing, even though she has very little control over the basketball operations staff.

Interesting

Jeanie loves leaking **** to reporters to paint herself in a positive light and **** on Jim/Mitch. Not that it's not deserved, it's just funny to ya boy.

AS THE LEAD on business affairs, Jeanie Buss does largely stay away from the on-court product. She has said publicly that she often learns of the team's basketball decisions via news reports or texts from her brother. Sources said Kupchak rarely, if ever, communicates with Jeanie Buss, believing he reports only to her brother.

That funnel effect has essentially given Kupchak incredible power over decision-making, with only one boss to hold him accountable for successes and failures.

But there have been occasions when his failures become Jeanie's. Because she manages the team's corporate partnerships, like with television partner Spectrum Cable, she is the one managing the fallout from the team's four-year downturn on the court and underwhelming free-agent signing, even though she has very little control over the basketball operations staff.
Interesting
i mean shes gotta take the good with the bad...and we've been bad. 

sidenote:

i got a 2017 Laker calendar for Christmas ( comes with trivia and facts everyday) 

should i post em on here ?

anyway heres todays fact: 

Shaq averaged 40mpg in the 99-2000 season and ranked 4th in the league

googled who was leading this year, kyle lowry with 37.7

dudes are soft these days 

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Not sure if Kevin Pelton or Essential:
Sweet Lou to Charlotte; Lakers get pick

Charlotte Hornets get: Guard Lou Williams

L.A. Lakers get: Guard Ramon Sessions, Charlotte's 2018 first-round pick (lottery protected)

This was perhaps my favorite trade I made as a GM of eight teams in the recent Dunc'd On mock trade deadline series. While a first-round pick is a lot to give up, Williams is an ideal fit in Charlotte. Even before backup point guard Sessions suffered a torn meniscus that will require surgery and sideline him 4-6 weeks, the Hornets were struggling to score with All-Star point guard Kemba Walker on the bench. Per NBA.com/Stats, their offensive rating dips by 8.1 points per 100 possessions without Walker.

Williams has no trouble scoring. His 27.1 points per 36 minutes this season rank 10th among qualified players, according to Basketball-Reference.com, and Williams scores efficiently too: His .601 true shooting percentage is outstanding. Williams is big enough to play alongside Walker in certain matchups and under contract for 2017-18 at the bargain rate of $7 million -- less than the non-taxpayer midlevel exception will pay next year.
http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...ine-trades-jimmy-butler-paul-millsap-more-nba

Yea I was listening to the pod when they discussed that deal, makes a lot of sense.

Unfortunately, they also quickly shot down any chance of getting an asset for Swaggy.

Not sure if Kevin Pelton or Essential:
Sweet Lou to Charlotte; Lakers get pick

Charlotte Hornets get: Guard Lou Williams

L.A. Lakers get: Guard Ramon Sessions, Charlotte's 2018 first-round pick (lottery protected)

This was perhaps my favorite trade I made as a GM of eight teams in the recent Dunc'd On mock trade deadline series. While a first-round pick is a lot to give up, Williams is an ideal fit in Charlotte. Even before backup point guard Sessions suffered a torn meniscus that will require surgery and sideline him 4-6 weeks, the Hornets were struggling to score with All-Star point guard Kemba Walker on the bench. Per NBA.com/Stats, their offensive rating dips by 8.1 points per 100 possessions without Walker.

Williams has no trouble scoring. His 27.1 points per 36 minutes this season rank 10th among qualified players, according to Basketball-Reference.com, and Williams scores efficiently too: His .601 true shooting percentage is outstanding. Williams is big enough to play alongside Walker in certain matchups and under contract for 2017-18 at the bargain rate of $7 million -- less than the non-taxpayer midlevel exception will pay next year.
http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...ine-trades-jimmy-butler-paul-millsap-more-nba

Never seen us in the same place

would make inroads to see if we can get Lamb & 2020 as well by sending them all our non-DAR/JC/BI/JR/IZ assets

Last edited:
Man that trade is godawful. A late first for Lou? Probably can get that for caldo. That's basically what the Hawks got for a washed korver

Last edited:
Man that trade is godawful. A late first for Lou? Probably can get that for caldo

No you couldn't.

There was a Lakers podcast recently can't remember which of the 50 million and they talked about this. There's not a ton of places for Lou, especially one where you can get something back for him. A late 1st is the best you can get, unless someone gets desperate.

Why can't you get that for caldo? Gotten late firsts for much less than that in recent years. I laughed at that jazz trade but I looked up bolomboy and he has some game, plus the jazz are pretty good scouts so that makes it interesting. I would want a legit prospect like that and maybe a future 1st/2nd. Late picks can be had for way less than a player of Lou's caliber

Last edited:
Another weird thing from Ramona's piece...they don't plan on meeting until after All Star weekend, the trade deadline is the next Thursday.

Why not meet before and have more time to plan and make a deal?
Why can't you get that for caldo? Gotten late firsts for much less than that in recent years. I laughed at that jazz trade but I looked him bolomboy and he has some game. I would want a legit prospect like that and maybe a future 1st/2nd. Late picks can be had for way less than a player of Lou's caliber
There's no way we're getting anything for calderon unless we were also taking back a terrible contract.

My dream scenario would be to get back Henzonja or Stanley Johnson, but I would definitely take a lottery protected 1st for him if that was the best offer.

Ask yourself who would want Lou? A playoff team that thinks it's a piece away from making noise. That right there shrinks the market & only leaves you with non lottery team trade partners. Now most of these teams either already traded away their draft picks or hold on to them like gold because it's the only avenue they have for improving their team. A good pick for a player like Lou would be anywhere from like 18-24 range. U may think he's worth more, but that's all you'll realistically get for him.

As far as Calderon goes, only the most desperate teams would think he was the missing piece. Might be able to fineese Cleveland because they need another playmaker (word to Bron) but they literally have nothing to offer.

Man that trade is godawful. A late first for Lou? Probably can get that for caldo. That's basically what the Hawks got for a washed korver
Not fair considering the Cavs are in a unique position compared to the rest of the league.

Wanna talk about Momo's piece again. I don't get the criticism honestly. Yeah they missed out on Isaiah but so?? Not signing Ariza is a valid criticism? Are you serious?! That was 2009 and we got MWP instead AND WON ANOTHER RING. meanwhile Ariza signed with Houston, played terribly, got traded to the Wizards, rededicated himself and is now playing well for the Rockets again. So what was the issue?

Missed out on Bazemore??? Yeah ok. He's not even playing that well for ATL. Seems like we dodged a bullet if you ask me. As always, free agency is fools gold. I don't get expecting a team with no assets to get better thru agency. Unless you sign a star, what team has gotten better thru signing mid tier free agents? That only works when you pair those mid tier free agents with your own players (that you either drafted or traded for)

Idk I'm just put off by Jeanie acting like woe is me it's everyone's fault but my own. Get the **** outta here. Leaking **** to Ding & Momo to get ur agenda across is so weak.

Back
Top Bottom