**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Moving on, hoping BI can continue his good shooting, Puke is still annoying me with his rotations though.

Lakers win a game, all good.

Lakers lose a game, Luke, DLo, Randle etc all suck.

This from a fanbase that wants to tank.

And a team that already surpassed last season's win total, in early February.

:lol:

Bleacher Report prediction:

Washington Wizards Receive: Lou Williams, Marcelo Huertas

Los Angeles Lakers Receive: 2017 first-round pick, Trey Burke, Jason Smith

Wizards general manager Ernie Grunfeld is well aware how punchless his bench is—and that won't change despite Ian Mahinmi's return to the lineup Wednesday. Far more relevant here, Grunfeld knows what a step back it was for the Wizards not to make the playoffs last season when he expected they might be ready for a deep run.

So with Washington having found a rhythm under new head coach Scott Brooks, Grunfeld is looking for a guard just like Lou Williams, who can create his own shots and get to the foul line in slugfest playoff games—and has the nerve to want the ball in those moments. Williams (18.3 points per game) is also a good shooter who can spot up when defenders are smothering John Wall.

One of Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak's best qualities has been swinging slick trades, and his ability to nurture the Lakers' future is being questioned at the moment.

Getting a first-round pick either from the Wizards or via a three-way deal for Williams, who is more than a rental with another reasonable $7 million salary coming in 2017-18, would be Kupchak's goal rather than settling for any Wizards youngsters.

—Kevin Ding

The Wizards can't even deal their 2017 pick because they traded their 2016 pick for Morris.

He points out the 1st round pick could come in from a 3 way deal.

Still don't see this happening since Mitch and Jim are both idiots.

Nuggets, Raptors, Trail Blazers & Jazz have 2 1st Round Picks....

That would be where you would find a 3rd team

I'd be chasing a non-lottery first for Lou Will in 2017.... A future 1st for Black & Thomas Robinson package (preferably 2018, but 2019 is okay as well, Lottery Protected).

Russell, Ingram, Randle & Zubac are your keepers...

Everybody else, you see what it would take to get Jimmy Butler in the offseason

Last edited:
I think Russell is definitely a keeper, because no one else will take him

Luke said "he was tired".
Unbelievable
Something's going on with him. This is the age where you have unlimited energy and he should be so hungry to show out each game.

Teams you call about Lou

The Stepien rule applies only to future first round picks. For example, if this is the 2011-12 season, then a team can trade its 2012 first round pick without regard to whether they had traded their 2011 pick, since their 2011 pick is no longer a future pick. But they can't trade away both their 2012 and 2013 picks, since both are future picks. Teams sometimes work around this rule by trading first round picks in alternate years, or by giving one team the right to swap picks with the other.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q87

Eastern Conference:
Hornets (9th, 1/2 GB)
Pistons (8th, +1/2 G of being out of playoffs)
Hawks (5th, 1/2 GB of HCA in 1st Round)
Raptors (T-3rd, +1/2 on HCA)
Wizards (T-3rd, +1/2 on HCA)

Western Conference:
Kings (10th, 2-1/2 GB of 8th, can't trade us a 1st until 2021)
OKC (7th, 4 GB of HCA, cannot trade us a 1st until 2020)
Jazz (4th, +2 on HCA)

Last edited:
For a best thing I learned today....

Nick Young ISOs less than Luol Deng per game

Also our 5 best ISO players based on Points Per Possession, League Percentile & Score Frequency
1. Russell
2. Lou
3. Clarkson
4. Swaggy
5. TRob

Last edited:
Team absolutely does not need Kobe right now. That's like moving into your own spot and then having to move back in with your parents

I am not an NBA GM or scout but if we are looking to draft Lonzo Ball because Magic is all about tall point guards...I will be LIVID
:x :x no parts of that PLEASE

Fultz is the best pg & player in the draft. He has to go 1.

But mannnnn there are gunna be so many debates if LA manages to get that 2 or 3 pick. U know Magic is gunna be pushing for Ball, but I'm really intrigued at pairing Isaac or JJ with this core.

Really like Jackson. But if it's not Fultz. I'm trading the pick.

(If we keep it, I don't think that will be the case).

Last edited:
Nah, Ball and Fultz are both better PGs than the one we have starting right now so you take one of them and move D'Lo of it comes to that. I'm really iffy on Jackson, like the Issac kid a lot two but that's having too BI's so not sure how that works.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom