**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Mitch is the past though. Jimmy is the recent bad past and present. They are moving in a different direction.

The best decision was not bringing Phil back in any front office capacity

The luke hire and Dlo pick we're outside the box

Now if we give Magic full control we'd be taking 5 steps back

The best decision was not bringing Phil back in any front office capacity

The luke hire and Dlo pick we're outside the box

Now if we give Magic full control we'd be taking 5 steps back

We're at rock bottom as a franchise now, there is no going back more steps.

I don't think Magic is getting full autonomy simply because of his other business ventures. But he's going to be more than just a consultant like Jackie Mac has suggested and bring in people to do the day to day stuff. Y'all think Magic is some type of clow because of his tweets, but out here it's been almost nothing but praise for this hostile takeover happening.

Last edited:
No we're not. Rock bottom was 2 years ago. We're slowly on the rise up right now. Why blow it all up and start again? Rebuild is going smoothly in my eyes. It's gunna take 2-3 years for these youngins to become our stars.

No we're not. Rock bottom was 2 years ago. We're slowly on the rise up right now. Why blow it all up and start again? Rebuild is going smoothly in my eyes. It's gunna take 2-3 years for these youngins to become our stars.

What are they blowing up besides the front office who said if they weren't back in the playoffs they'd leave? Well time is. up. Any personnel moves at this point are pure speculation. Y'all act like Mitch wasn't floating D'Lo and Randle out there for Boogie :lol:

It's a delicate situation since Magic is a Laker legend and he's so beloved by everyone, but they can't seriously have him in charge. They need to figure out a way for him to essentially be Junior Soprano. Let him feel empowered and let him think he's calling the shots, while really just being a figurehead.

It's a delicate situation since Magic is a Laker legend and he's so beloved by everyone, but they can't seriously have him in charge. They need to figure out a way for him to essentially be Junior Soprano. Let him feel empowered and let him think he's calling the shots, while really just being a figurehead.

I rather he just go away permanently. He has no ability to lead or guide a franchise, and I have zero faith he does a damn thing right for this team. Especially the way he couldn't get past the MDA hire, or his endorsing of Byron Scott. Dude is plum dumb, pure and simple.

Jim and Mitch need to just be left alone to finish out the rebuild, my only ask is for them to be a little more aggressive selling, that's it. Stop staying with old ideals and embrace what it means to truly rebuild in this era of the CBA.

Man, if not for Gilbert, we'd have CP3 and Dwight attracting players right now. :smh:

"Winging it"

It's a rebuild , what else is the team supposed to do
The team got off to a surprisingly 10-10 start and then LA got a cold December month
The team has already surpassed the win total from last year and could still win more than expected

Rookie coach - who we went after
Really Young core - who we drafted
Solid vets- NY and Lou on very team friendly deals
Over paid vets in Moz and deng cause we were gonna have to overpay regardless

Not sure "winging it" defines what the team has done
It's a rebuild? You sure Jim and Mitch knows that? They went after every max player available, looked every possible trade involving our draft picks.

Let's not act like Luke was always to lord and savior, he got his chance when Kerr went down on a team that would have played well with anyone coaching. Got his chance and just so happens to be a Laker guy. We wouldn't have gave Byron that type of money if we knew what the deal was.

Speaking of Byron, we're rebuilding but he continued to regress Russell?

The really young core that we almost didn't have because of the Steve Nash trade? Surely the Lakers didn't know the ping pongs would end in our favor for 3 consecutive years.

Lou Will was a steal, Nick Young was just a contract that NOBODY would want to touch a year ago.

Overpaid for vets because we were going to overpay anyway? Doesn't make any sense, never seen a "rebuilding" team do that. The Lakers thought they had a shot at the 8th seed (which I don't blame them for thinking that) that's why they overpaid.

Winging it in the sense that none of this was really planned outside of NY, Lou and those terrible signings this past summer. I guess you can say Luke was planned too. These clowns have tried to "compete" and sold a false bill of goods ever since that Kobe deal. They just really lucked up into a lot of the young core. 

And @SoHi 23  after this season (if we keep this pick) willing, the draft aspect of the team will no longer be important. Where we've done really horribly since Jim took the reigns is in free agency and that's quite frankly where we need to show the greatest amount of improvement. And how we really take that next step to getting back on the right track. 
Bingo.
It's not a coincidence that they drafted Russell Ingram etc. The team has been projected to be within their lottery protection for the last 3 seasons. They had to know what they were doing when they hired Byron and gave him that early termination option. They put the facade of competition on it but they absolutely took measures to keep these picks
It's not a coincidence? How could you plan who's available and if you're going to keep that pick? No way they what would happen.

That's what I've been trying to figure out. Outside of making the actual draft selections themselves when the opportunity came, I don't see what's so great that they've done to warrant them "seeing this through" Had 4 different coaches in 6 years. Not a single marquee free agent acquisition. And whatever flexibility we had going forward after Kobe's departure has be nuked for the most part. They've literally been the Knicks except with more draft picks that they didn't plan on even having. And they 'deserve' more time, nah man. 

Last edited:
I rather he just go away permanently. He has no ability to lead or guide a franchise, and I have zero faith he does a damn thing right for this team. Especially the way he couldn't get past the MDA hire, or his endorsing of Byron Scott. Dude is plum dumb, pure and simple.

Jim and Mitch need to just be left alone to finish out the rebuild, my only ask is for them to be a little more aggressive selling, that's it. Stop staying with old ideals and embrace what it means to truly rebuild in this era of the CBA.

Man, if not for Gilbert, we'd have CP3 and Dwight attracting players right now.
mean.gif
I don't think you hold Jim and Mitch accountable for their bad decisions, though.

Sure, we should have had CP3, but even when that trade was vetoed we still had our core group together. It was more of the little things that hurt.

1) The way they handled Pau Gasol throughout his tenure with the Lakers.

2) The way they mistreated the Lamar Odom fiasco, instead of just talking to him and smoothing it out they decided to let it become a distraction.

3) The whole Dwight Howard free agency, we can call Dwight a diva or whatever you'd like, but he isn't the first player to say the Lakers front office simply drop the ball in their presentations.

4) Putting all of their eggs in the basket of "we're the Lakers, everyone wants to play with us."

5) The firing of D'Antoni, Mike Brown, Bryon Scott because they didn't get instant results.

The list could go on and on...

They have made some good moves, don't get me wrong, but let's not act like this is all stuff they couldn't control.

That's what I've been trying to figure out. Outside of making the actual draft selections themselves when the opportunity came, I don't see what's so great that they've done to warrant them "seeing this through" Had 4 different coaches in 6 years. Not a single marquee free agent acquisition. And whatever flexibility we had going forward after Kobe's departure has be nuked for the most part. They've literally been the Knicks except with more draft picks that they didn't plan on even having. And they 'deserve' more time, nah man. 
It's like they don't know if they want to commit to rebuilding or play for an 8th seed.

It's like they don't know if they want to commit to rebuilding or play for an 8th seed.
They were always trying to 'compete' from the moment Dwert left, we've just been lucky that 1. the top (Melo/LMA) and middle tier guys turned us down and 2. we lucked up and kept our picks not through any effort of them. Any inkling of commitment of rebuilding was nixed when they gave those deals to Mosgov and Deng, they screwed us going forward. We aren't getting rid of them without attaching one of the young pieces to a deal and they can't play and be effective for us. Lose/lose.

Last edited:
Guys calm down magic is just a loveable mascot on the payroll to rub elbows with free agents so they can be wowed by an NBA legend instead a guy who looks like a serial killer and a guy who looks like a pedophile. Magic is harmless and will never have no real control on anything.

Guys calm down magic is just a loveable mascot on the payroll to rub elbows with free agents so they can be wowed by an NBA legend instead a guy who looks like a serial killer and a guy who looks like a pedophile. Magic is harmless and will never have no real control on anything.
How long you gonna keep this up?

Biggest immediate fear is Magic voting we trade for Melo
Not that Melo would waive his no trade clause to
Come here anyway.

Delusional describes you perfectly mamba mvp thinking magic ******* Johnson has serious pull and has the power to do anything at all

But Jeanie plan worked. Got the gullable fans like yourself thinking magic has any say to make any change :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom