**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If the Price Is Right...

Boogie or Carmelo...Come on Down!!

Team is a 2-3 game win streak from being 8/9th in the west
FO better not go all in and trade our young guys for a mediocre star
Could very well go the opposite direction

But you play out the season with the young core and let the grow and gel together

Not sure why whip mentions guys who ended going to teams that were on the brink like mamba said

Like sheed didn't go play on a team that had the dpoy, prime rip and billupd in a weak eastern conference

Chandler went to a team that had dirk (MVP year?) j Kidd and shooters like peja and j terry

C-Webb went to a team that had solid vets

Last edited:
Every single situation you mentioned was a team that was a contender or close to one willing to take that chance to see if said player would put them over the top.

We are nowhere near that scenario. Stop with the faux news. Pun intended.
Not entirely true.

Sacramento was 27-55 the year before they acquired Webber. The first year Webber was on the team, they made the playoffs. Three years later they made the WCF.

Plus you're not getting the point. You're claiming that because nobody wants Melo and Cousins and because they're "problem players" that these two players would be cancers on the Lakers. The point is there are problem players in the past that have gone on to succeed when put in a whole different environment. You cannot say as fact that you are 100% sure Boogie or Melo could not lead the Lakers to the playoffs. 

Not to mention, if the Lakers acquire Melo or Cousins, they would have enough cap space (over $22 million) to sign another close-to-max player in the offseason and potentially bring in another star to pair up with Melo or Cousins. At that point, the Lakers would instantly become a 50-win team.

We are nowhere that scenario now. One or Two Stars DRASTICALLY changes everything.

Last edited:
Bad enough we gotta deal with bs after losses but here we are after a win and **** is still a damn mess

At least we're not the Knicks

And all of those draft pick scenarios claiming we're gonna get Ball or Fultz is real, factual news? LOL

news flash: all those "reports" that we're gonna trade Lou and Nick in order to tank even further are just as fake as every rumor out there on the web. The difference is this....none of y'all have VIP access to the barbershop like my boy Shams C.

Holla!

Last edited:
There's a reason Mozgov hasn't played in 3 straight....that's an $18 million annual salary they're about to trade for a tier 1 or tier 2 star.

Ain't no way Lakers would be dealing Mozgov plus one or two players to be named and only get picks and chumps in return.

You can't be serious?

Nope, that's the smartest thing they can do right about now. This team has no identity. A star would give them one and would jumpstart the quest to build the next playoff contending team SOONER than later, which is Magic and Jeanie's NUMBER ONE GOAL.

It's clear Jim and Mitch's opportunity to build through the draft hasn't worked because Magic and Jeanie have realized #7 pick Julius Randle and #2 pick Russell have turned out to be underachieving stiffs who play with very little effort each night. Jeanie ain't havin' it, so she called Magic to help save the day.

At which point Magic immediately came out and said we have no leader, no alpha, and we need to get one on the team ASAP.

Lakers don't want to tank. We can finish with the 7th worst record and still wind up getting a top 3 pick. It's about being aggressive and being pro-active if the opportunity presents itself to acquire a star.

Don't underestimate the barbershop sources :lol:

What happened right before he hit post...

View media item 2328604

You seriously want a washed 32 year old loser who is no longer an all star or top 25 player?

Or a big baby who yells and curses out refs and fans and coaches and reporters and teammates?
I don't want my kids watching that scumbag. His antics are despicable

Last edited:
You neglected to mention with Webber they also got Vlade that offseason and drafted Peja & White Chocolate and only had 3 remaining guys on the team from the 27 win season. And it was a lockout year in which they went 27-23 when Webber came on. That was an entirely new team. You planning those kind of wholesale changes with LA?

Melo is past his prime and has a no trade clause, not even entertaining that scenario.

Boogie is a headcase, our organization isn't exactly in the most stable state right now either. Plus as I said if he wants to come wait until he's a free agent makes no sense to give up any assets for him. Definition of hustling backwards.

You neglected to mention with Webber they also got Vlade that offseason and drafted Peja & White Chocolate and only had 3 remaining guys on the team from the 27 win season. And it was a lockout year in which they went 27-23 when Webber came on. That was an entirely new team. You planning those kind of wholesale changes with LA?

Melo is past his prime and has a no trade clause, not even entertaining that scenario.

Boogie is a headcase, our organization isn't exactly in the most stable state right now either. Plus as I said if he wants to come wait until he's a free agent makes no sense to give up any assets for him. Definition of hustling backwards.
You got it. Numerous changes needed.

Ingram, Zubac, and Nance are the ones you keep no questions asked. Maybe Clarkson as well.

Randle, DLo, Black, Huertas, Calderon, Robinson, Mozgov, Deng = the expendables.

Last edited:
You seriously want a washed 32 year old loser who is no longer an all star or top 25 player?

Or a big baby who yells and curses out refs and fans and coaches and reporters and teammates?
Have them rock the purp and gold and play for Luke, Magic, and Mitch and watch the tide turn

Luke hasn't proven a damn thing as a coach. He's as wet behind the ears as the kids are.

And yea that's definitely a disastrous plan gutting the damn team. And it's not even remotely feasible to do.

Last edited:

Have them rock the purp and gold and play for Luke, Magic, and Mitch and watch the tide turn

My stomach turns just thinking about it

Am I wrong that i still dont think they should give up on D'Angelo Russel?

Unless it's for a star or Devin Booker, no. But the only way we'll be able to truly see what we have in the kid is if Nick and Lou go so Puke has no choice but to pay him 35 min a night. Cause otherwise he's not going to.

You have DLo play on a lineup that includes a star player or two and I guarantee you it makes DLo a better player and his numbers, mindset, and overall game improves.

DLo can't handle the pressure of being "the man." Therefore, if you want to OPTIMIZE his game, you take the load off of him and have him play second or third fiddle where he isn't on a microscope.

It's kinda like the Lamar Odom syndrome.

When Lamar was made to be "the man" with the Clippers and the Heat, he couldn't handle it on a consistent basis. Lamar would show flashes in Miami and the Clippers, but he was too gun shy, too passive, not aggressive enough, and his effort level was super inconsistent.

There was a negative perception about Lamar that he couldn't carry a team. But the Lakers saw his potential. The moment they made Lamar a Laker and once Lamar played with an Alpha in Kobe and another legit All-Star in Pau, what happened? Lamar succeeded and became the perfect role player that contributed heavily to the Lakers' championship teams. 

Heck, Lamar became even more aggressive and developed somewhat of a killer instinct as a result. The mindset of Lakers Odom was COMPLETELY different from the mindset Odom had with the Clippers and Heat.

Last edited:
Am I wrong that i still dont think they should give up on D'Angelo Russel?

Unless it's for a star or Devin Booker, no. But the only way we'll be able to truly see what we have in the kid is if Nick and Lou go so Puke has no choice but to pay him 35 min a night. Cause otherwise he's not going to.

Russell plays very well with Nick.

Nick's game is almost entirely different this season. And he's playing within the offense and has become more catch and shoot and very little iso. Luol Isos more than Nick per game.

Lou does throw it off. But even being leading scorer, I honestly think the team would eventually improve without Lou Will.

The idea that the start of the Lakers future begins with trading for freaking boogie or....CARMELO ANTHONY is...I mean
laugh.gif

I think D'Lo could play just fine with Clarkson too. Nick is a hindrance in the sense that he's gone after this season. I need him and Lou outta here.

D'Lo
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle
Black
Zu
Nance
Deng
Mosgov

Those top 7 guys all need to be at 25 minutes at minimum. Nothing else matters going forward. The starters need to be getting 32-36 maybe except for Black.

Not wanting the BEST CENTER IN THE LEAGUE hands down and might I add, a major mismatch for the Warrios and Cavs, just because of technical fouls and flare ups during games from a guy who otherwise wants to win is...I mean 
laugh.gif

I think D'Lo could play just fine with Clarkson too. Nick is a hindrance in the sense that he's gone after this season. I need him and Lou outta here.

D'Lo
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle
Black
Zu
Nance
Deng
Mosgov

Those top 7 guys all need to be at 25 minutes at minimum. Nothing else matters going forward. The starters need to be getting 32-36 maybe except for Black.
That lineup will get you an average of.....

23-27 wins the next 4 years. 

Like I said, fostering a losing culture without a single Alpha to lead the team who has the balls to say, "Follow me if you want to win, I'm bout to go guns blazin up in this *****."

Last edited:
I like Boogie a lot but I'm not giving up anything of worth for him, he can come in free agency if he wants to be in LA.

Suns meanwhile doing us a solid tonight :pimp:

Last edited:
Boogie is who he is man. He's not worth trading assets for and if he's your best player, you won't win games and when you don't win games you won't get anyone in FA.

Risk is wayyy too high when you talk about trading assets for Boogie.

Not to mention the Kings have explicitly said they aren't trading Boogie so it's moot.

Back
Top Bottom