**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

he's a 4 time all star and all defense second team once in 2015. He's been to the playoffs twice in the weak *** eastern conference and advanced to the 2nd round once :rolleyes.

Everyone knew he was good but he's on a different level now. His team is actually winning. A lot of that has to do with Beal & Porter but Wall is not the same player he was 2-3 years ago.

Last edited:
Could you break down Clarkson, Ingram, Randle, Nance and Zubac now? Would love to see their numbers as well.

Ah, so your response is to deflect.
We used a #2 on Dlo, so there's more scrutiny on him. Ingram will get scrutinized too, but he's shown so much talent, he just needs to get strong.

Plus, Dlo was the one who said "this my ****" and "ice in my veins" and "I'm the leader".
I expect more from him. All that talk on draft day. All that talk in the offseason.

Last edited:
Yeah. That team looks ready for the ECF. That potential 2nd round matchup against the Celtics will be exciting but I think the Wizards can & will beat them.

Laker fans would've killed Beal if he was on our squad after his first 4 YEARS. Glad he's finally healthy & balling :smokin

Last edited:
Think u forgot to mention Dlo's eyebrows. That's high on the reasons of why we should trade him.

Think u forgot to mention Dlo's eyebrows. That's high on the reasons of why we should trade him.

did I say we should trade him?

He needs to play better, he's in a major slump. He has a coach who doesn't think he earned minutes vs. Darren Collison. This is a problem.

Or he has a coach that has orders from management to showcase Lou for a trade.

Listen I'm not saying Dlo is completely absolved of blame. He has a lot of growing up and developing to do. But Jesus.

Last edited:
Why would Luke say, "yeah we're giving Lou a lot of minutes because we want to improve his trade value"??

What purpose would that serve other than to drop Lou's value? Lol

Dlo is still learning the position. I think we'd see a different player if he was just tossing up shots like Booker or lavine. That said some of his turnovers are just godawful and there's no excuse for him to continually make such horrible passes at times. It's so bad that sometimes I think he does it on purpose as a way to try to get out of playing PG. I've only seen flashes of the guy from SPL or Ohio but I know it's going to take time especially since he's not a natural pg

Dlo is still learning the position. I think we'd see a different player if he was just tossing up shots like Booker or lavine. That said some of his turnovers are just godawful and there's no excuse for him to continually make such horrible passes at times. It's so bad that sometimes I think he does it on purpose as a way to try to get out of playing PG. I've only seen flashes of the guy from SPL or Ohio but I know it's going to take time especially since he's not a natural pg

Agreed. I kinda also think he doesn't wanna play pg. dude is prolly praying for Fultz everyday. Speaking of which, back in November he tweeted this...

Last edited:
Lol now we are showcasing Lou it's not difficult the team isn't tanking Dlo isn't earning the playing time so he's not in Luke is going with Lou cuz he giving us the best chance to win ......and I agree I hate seeing Lou take shot after shot

Last edited:
Why would Luke say, "yeah we're giving Lou a lot of minutes because we want to improve his trade value"??

What purpose would that serve other than to drop Lou's value? Lol

So publicly saying a young PG hasn't earned minutes is Luke's only other option ? That's pretty detrimental to Dlo's confidence

He could have just said "we needed a spark and went with the hot hand"

Bottom line, a coach goes with players they trust down the stretch in close games. And coaches and players want to win, not tank

D'Lo's primary issue is shooting. He hasn't nearly been the consistent shooter I expected thus far through his early career.

Everything else I'm not really worried about with D'Lo, and he isn't that bad in any other areas.

But its his shooting is what's going to make him or break him. You just hope he can become a high 30% to low 40% 3 point guy.

Luke said he didn't give Dlo minutes cuz Lou brought the team back and was playing on another level. That's the best trade showcase game I've seen in a while. If Lou played like that every night he'd be Kobe. Why would u pull him out if he's playing good and you want to trade him?

Luke also said he wanted to give Clarkson the closing minutes because Clarkson hasn't had that chance and deserves those minutes too. Dlo didn't play well last night either so I'm sure that played a role as well. Sure, Dlo may not be earning the crunch time minutes right now, but this will be irrelevant after the trade deadline when Lou is gone.

Last edited:
Hope you're right and Lou is gone because that may be what's causing Dlo to play poorly, getting yanked for a better player

But how is Lou holding d lo back though when he plays with the second unit...? If anything he's holding back clarkson which I stated a while back

I don't think Lou being there is causing Dlo to play poorly. I just think Lou being there is taking away from development minutes that could be huge for Dlo. Dlo will still struggle when Lou is gone, but it's good to see him struggle and still play crunch time minutes. That's how you get better. And this is all we want. We want our young players to get better so they can eventually lead us. Not this year, not next year. But for the future.

But how is Lou holding d lo back though when he plays with the second unit...? If anything he's holding back clarkson which I stated a while back

I agree. Lou's chucking causes the bench to all play for themselves. The lack of ball movement with the bench sucks

Last edited:
I agree. Lou's chucking causes the bench to all play for themselves. The lack of ball movement with the bench sucks

100% agree. Dude literally just shoots.

I don't think Lou being there is causing Dlo to play poorly. I just think Lou being there is taking away from development minutes that could be huge for Dlo. Dlo will still struggle when Lou is gone, but it's good to see him struggle and still play crunch time minutes. That's how you get better. And this is all we want. We want our young players to get better so they can eventually lead us. Not this year, not next year. But for the future.

Yeah I would rather us lose by 15 if it means Dlo and clarkson get more PT and shots up

Booker and Lavine (before injury) have physical attributes far beyond what D'Lo has that allow them to be effective. It's not just a matter of jacking up shots.

Booker and Lavine (before injury) have physical attributes far beyond what D'Lo has that allow them to be effective. It's not just a matter of jacking up shots.

That might be true but it's beside the point. Those guys would look different with full time PG duties and in lavines case he couldn't cut it at all.

The LaVine at point experiment crashed and burned. That **** was so bad.

Now I think he might be better than Wiggins [emoji]128064[/emoji]

That might be true but it's beside the point. Those guys would look different with full time PG duties and in lavines case he couldn't cut it at all.

Booker wasn't drafted as a PG. Lavine was but his role changed. D'Lo was drafted to be a franchise PG, his physical limitations however are going to force a role change as well.

Back
Top Bottom