**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

KD, LeBron, Kawhi, Giannis (not including PFs).

Jimmy Butler & Gordon Hayward are possibly over PG

Last edited:
DLo/Ennis
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac/Black

Top 3 pick + Houston pick.

Deng-Moz

And PG potentially coming in 2018, slots right in.

If PG does truly come here, at that point they can start to package a piece or three to buy up another player that may come available. But have PG in hand first, before you start flipping the pieces.

AD/Boogie is an incredible duo, they are surrounded by absolute **** and won't make any real noise. PG + 1 other player, and a bunch of **** is the same damn boat, in the same ocean. We don't want that.

Keep stackin.

So I guess it depends on whether they keep the pick or not, but should the Lakers make an effort to re-sign Swaggy when he opts out? I really think they need his three point shooting.

Hopefully he takes a massive one year overpay instead of looking for a three or four year deal.

Last edited:
if JC doesnt show out and take hold of being that legit 6th man, then i dont think you can afford to lose NY

obviously NY cant maintain his production this year, but that shooting is a commodity 

You can't lose that kind of shooting. The only capable replacement is Reddick and you're gonna pay a lot more for him when he's likely not leaving anyway

Last edited:
I'm not getting fooled in a contract year production and committing long term to a guy whose been a knucklehead for 95% of his career. He takes a 1 year deal at a premium salary or he can get the hell on.

Dat u magic? In real life the people who call the shots can't let a shooter and fan favorite walk unless he's really out your price range. Because the question is who are you gonna replace him with. Get used to the shwag era

Last edited:
That's a Mitch-Jim tactic. They were trying to move him for a reason. I got confidence in Magic to not lock him up long term unless they can somehow get rid of Deng or Mosgov. It's not like he really has anywhere else to go, nobody even the teams that needed wing help wanted to give up anything for him. No more bidding against ourselves. It's a new day.

Really funny to me how 6 months ago everybody hated him but now he's a fan favorite. FOH.

Last edited:
Nobody really gave up anything for Lou either. Apparently they are leaning towards keeping him or they would've taken whatever they could get. Going by his last contract where he had a career year, he won't be expensive. And again, how are you going to replace his production, a guy shooting a higher % from 3 than Steph this year

All the Lakers wanted was a 2nd rd pick for Nick. Nobody wanted to give it up. Do not do it. This year is an anomaly. Last time he had a contract year he shot 39% from 3. Then promptly went back to 37% and 33% and that was on less attempts.

Like I said I'm fine having him back on a 1 year overpay to see if this season isn't a fluke.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom