**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Let's be honest, who would you prefer to close the game more often? I would have picked Lou more if I was trying to win the game.
Granted, I felt Luke hamstrung DLo a couple times in the first half of the season by not giving him a clear role.

I agree Lou gave us the better chance to win at times. But I felt like the first 20 games before Dlo got hurt was the best mix of it. After Dlo came back from the injury he struggled to establish his role.

His ceiling is too high man. I could see if his good games were meh but when he's good he's a monster. And when he's bad he still fills up the stat sheet

No it's not.

He's already reached his peak level. Him and Clarkson.

They aren't going to get to an allstar level at any point of their careers.

He's a better player than a Nance by a significant margin. So therefore you keep him.

Also any return for Randle isn't going to justify trading him (And that's the biggest problem)

Gotta give Randle another year but I feel y'all.

Think his best role going forward is actually off the bench. Maybe with the 2nd unit revolving around him he can feast on opposing benches. Like a Kanter or current Randolph.

Regarding Clarkson... we can all agree he kinda is who he is at this point. we can hope for some slight improvement but he's not magically turning into something special. Randle still has a shot.

Last edited:
The alternative is paying him 20 million which is stupid beyond belief. Attach him to try and get rid of one of those horrible contracts.

He's a better player than a Nance by a significant margin. So therefore you keep him.

Also any return for Randle isn't going to justify trading him (And that's the biggest problem)

You can't justify keeping him at a high cost when he's up for a contract extension after his rookie contract is up. Which is coming up soon.

No way does he deserve anywhere near close to the max extension money he's going to want. That will hinder and hurt the Lakers future cap space going forward.

Last edited:
Ehh. Same nonsense as always from Reggie. Was never truth about it.

Is Russell better in the past month plus? Yes. Absolutely.

But he was still pretty good in the first half.
Lies :lol:
I root for DLo too. But to say he was pretty good is stretching it by a mile
And I do have his stats lol

He was spitting some truth tho...just wanna see effort
He did tell the truth of 1st half of the season DLo
After the all star break, DLo been different in effort though

DLo was inconsistent before the break
There were times he looked invisible in stretches

2nd year player. Things like that happen.

Booker, Porzingis, Wiggins, etc have all had bad stretches of inconsistency.

But even in the grand scheme of things despite having clunkers and just awful awful games, he was still doing well more often than not in spite of a team that did him no favors.

Lakers got a good contract on Clarkson. Granted it was Mitch and the old management. Why couldn't they get a good contract on Randle? He's not gunna command a max.

Look at that bruh. 2 made threes. If Randle shoots those 3 more often and learns to stretch the floor out, it's a whole different ballgame.

Everyone loves Nance but he can't stay healthy plus he never wants to shoot cuz he has no confidence in his J. Nance is a very good role player but he's not Randle.

Last edited:
He was spitting some truth tho...just wanna see effort
He did tell the truth of 1st half of the season DLo
After the all star break, DLo been different in effort though

DLo was inconsistent before the break
There were times he looked invisible in stretches

2nd year player. Things like that happen.

Booker, Porzingis, Wiggins, etc have all had bad stretches of inconsistency.

But even in the grand scheme of things despite having clunkers and just awful awful games, he was still doing well more often than not in spite of a team that did him no favors.
Everyone has bad games, I know that
I just didn't like when DLo would at times play disinterested
Whip exaggerated a lot of the laziness, but we all have seen moments of DLo being disengaged for a majority of a game.

If he is so bad as you guys say who is gonna pay Randle that kind of money?!
Y'all always tryna get rid of somebody. We do need actual players. There is nothing that tells me we can keep Randle and bring him off the bench :lol:
You guys can be OD sometimes man lol. How are we ever gonna build a team if you guys are always trying to ship people out lol.

Last edited:
Clarkson had a cap on his deal. The total money was going to be relatively the same, just the distribution was the question whether he was offered by another team or not.

Back
Top Bottom