**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

sohi what happen to u bruh?

For somebody that used to complain about Kobe stans, this all is funny to ya boy. Like real funny. Even going in the NBA thread trying to downplay Booker like he hasn't been consistent the whole year and a 6 game sample negates what D'Lo has done the entire season in totality.

What U mean?

Dlo gets slandered damn near more than any laker I've ever seen. He don't deserve that ****. The kid is one of the most talented players I've ever seen. And I felt like the disrespect he's been getting for the past year has been over the top and unnecessary. I've been keeping tabs on all the people (other fans, media, our own fans) calling him a bust.

I have to defend my dude. He's one of my 5 favorite players in the league. Best believe Ima let my nuts hang when he proves me right.

And CP is the one who said we should wait until Dlo is 25, not me. I just apply the same rationale to BI

Let it show, that I too want people to chill on BI and let him grow, same as Randle as well.

My contention from jump has been fans too damn impatient and expecting immediate results from these kids.

Get em all in house, let em grow, and then flourish. Been my point since the minute Dwight Howard chose Houston.

Let them grow. Not draft them, expect greatness during their first summer league, bash the hell out of them cuz "they suck" and then flip them for Russell Westbrook, Paul George, and Boogie Cousins, cuz kids that suck grab you that kind of haul.

I feel pretty fair in my plan, vs that plan. :lol:

I feel all that, my point has always been you can't grow and develop into speed and athleticism and elite PGs today have those traits.

:lol: at Dlo being one of the most talented players SoHi has ever seen

Last edited:
Dlo's good but one of the most talented players you've ever seen ? Cmon b you taking being a homer to a new level

Not really, if I was a homer I'd say BI is gunna be a superstar too right?

I been riding with Dlo since Ohio State. Would've been riding with him no matter what team he went to. Just so happened he went to my favorite team. Not my fault you guys can't see what he's going to become.

Last edited:
I stated in the thread earlier that DLo's potential is something of a Mike Conley/Manu hybrid
Not "star" potential, but he is going to be a very good role player.
We will be fine.

BI will be good by year 3
His work ethic is the best of the team and he is already getting major minutes
Just needs to improve his shot and add some weight

Conley is solid but this is his first season averaging 20 ppg and Manu never cracked over 19. Granted it's been like 6 games but D'lo projects to be easily over 20 a game based on his season long numbers

Lakers got a good contract on Clarkson. Granted it was Mitch and the old management. Why couldn't they get a good contract on Randle? He's not gunna command a max.
Wow.

Between posts like that & wanting to trade 19-20 year olds because they're not All-NBA 1st team yet, I don't know how y'all do it man.

He doesn't easily project to be over anything. Especially when he gets moved off ball. Although if he becomes our Booker it'd be beneficial.

Conley is solid but this is his first season averaging 20 ppg and Manu never cracked over 19. Granted it's been like 6 games but D'lo projects to be easily over 20 a game based on his season long numbers
Points per game doesn't tell the whole story about his game

Wow.

Between posts like that & wanting to trade 19-20 year olds because they're not All-NBA 1st team yet, I don't know how y'all do it man.

Not even sure what you're trying to say here. I forgot about Clarkson's capped contract number but are you trying to say Randle is easily getting the max? Help me understand bruh.

I wasn't even really saying anything in that post. I was just trying to put a ballpark on Randle's extension :lol:

Last edited:
I still remember when y'all were trying to tell me Mudiay was better than Dlo. Won't forget either :lol:

I still remember when y'all were trying to tell me Mudiay was better than Dlo. Won't forget either :lol:
Only wavycrockett and whip said that if I remember

Funny how both haven't posted in here since the trade deadline :nerd:

Nah there were a lot of comments like that. Now I see a whole lot of backhand compliments instead of cats just admitting they were wrong.

Someone has to balance out the OD, hating *** bitter *************. And I'll be dat like Redman. If you don't like it, get me banned from the thread like y'all did to whip.

Last edited:
Wow.

Not even sure what you're trying to say here. I forgot about Clarkson's capped contract number but are you trying to say Randle is easily getting the max? Help me understand bruh.

I wasn't even really saying anything in that post. I was just trying to put a ballpark on Randle's extension :lol:
he went high lottery, is averaging basically a double double for his career at only 22 years old, & has flashed playmaking ability highlighting his offensive versatility.

You're not getting him for a bargain. There are no parallels to Clarkson.

Last edited:
Whip is gone. Nobody else is even coming at dude like that anymore. Got dudes fabricating up stuff now to justify their hyperbole. And for what? His first couple weeks of playing consistently. Maaaaan. Funny stuff.

He doesn't easily project to be over anything. Especially when he gets moved off ball. Although if he becomes our Booker it'd be beneficial.
Why does it have to be so black and white?

If we get Lonzo, both can play with or without the ball. Watch UCLA, Lonzo doesn't hold the ball at all, he passes to the first open guy almost every time.

We could have two guys that can shoot and run an offense. Sounds like a great problem to have.

he went high lottery, is averaging basically a double double for his career at only 22 years old, & has flashed playmaking ability highlighting his offensive versatility.

I didn't mean 12 mil a year. I said in the a different post like 15-18 mil is what I'm projecting. maybe that was a little low but I'm not sure that's outlandish. If Randle improves his shot and spaces the floor by shooting multiple threes at a ~ 30% (hopefully a little higher) level, I'll gladly pay him 20 million a year.

Last edited:
Why does it have to be so black and white?

If we get Lonzo, both can play with or without the ball. Watch UCLA, Lonzo doesn't hold the ball at all, he passes to the first open guy almost every time.

We could have two guys that can shoot and run an offense. Sounds like a great problem to have.

Well one would hope and think that BI continues to improve offensively, Ball isn't not going to not shoot at all, if we end up getting PG13 that's another high usage guy. It's a little premature to suggest he's a lock to be a 20 point scorer off a 6 game sample. Just as it was silly to write him off after his struggles earlier.

It's absurd man.

Back
Top Bottom