**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

yeah haven't seen any of that stuff online either

I also don't read twitter for hoops news, I don't use twitter at all actually

Some of this stuff I’ve seen in several places, including this forum…everyone has their own spin on how the Lakers can be better, at the end of the day we all want just to see them win. From drafting Cam, to trading DLo to moving AD to the 4, etc…everyone has their own opinion on what they should do and that’s cool.

Pelinka obviously said he plans on adding another big man to the roster. But besides that, as currently constructed how many of you guys feel that this roster is good enough to win it all?

Some of this stuff I’ve seen in several places, including this forum…everyone has their own spin on how the Lakers can be better, at the end of the day we all want just to see them win. From drafting Cam, to trading DLo to moving AD to the 4, etc…everyone has their own opinion on what they should do and that’s cool.

Pelinka obviously said he plans on adding another big man to the roster. But besides that, as currently constructed how many of you guys feel that this roster is good enough to win it all?
Would take a relatively perfect storm, but yes.

Roster is good enough yes, we gotta play good ball though

cant get off to another bad start like last season and keep playing catch up.

We went to the WCF without homecourt

It'd take a marketed jump from on of the young guys (AR) to make it happen. Truthfully, ceiling as of now is the conference finals again.

It'd take a marketed jump from on of the young guys (AR) to make it happen. Truthfully, ceiling as of now is the conference finals again.
So if let’s say if Austin doesn’t get any better but is able to duplicate his play from last year you don’t think that’s enough?

So if let’s say if Austin doesn’t get any better but is able to duplicate his play from last year you don’t think that’s enough?

Nope, not enough firepower with Denver, Phoenix, Milwaukee, Boston. Miami pending given what Dame does. Solidly in the top 4 in the West, but winning it all is a different story.

Don't think we can be a bottom half of the league team offensively like we were post trade and in the playoffs and win it all. We'll be a great defensive team again, but need to get better on the other end somehow. Reaves is the easiest path to that improving.

Last edited:
Nope, not enough firepower with Denver, Phoenix, Milwaukee, Boston. Miami pending given what Dame does. Solidly in the top 4 in the West, but winning it all is a different story.

Don't think we can be a bottom half of the league team offensively like we were post trade and in the playoffs and win it all. We'll be a great defensive team again, but need to get better on the other end somehow. Reaves is the easiest path to that improving.
I think a lot of what happens in the regular season mostly depends on talent and health, so the Lakers should be fine there.

As far as the playoffs go…
IMG_1356.jpeg

Some of the highest scoring teams couldn’t defend a lick, and some of the best defensive teams couldn’t score in an open gym. Denver was great on both ends, but the Lakers had a decent balance…better than a lot of other teams.

I think the offense will be better with some of the newer players. Also, Bron had a career low year from 3 and I don’t expect a repeat of that.

On the new Lowe post, Zach Lowe talks with Mcmenamin regarding: AD extension, starting lineup

Mcmenamin apparently is close with the team and reporting AD wants another big starting next to him citing: doesn't want to bang bodies with bigs every night, had success with 2 bigs in past. Lowe doesn't like the 2 big lineup and guessed lineup would be: DLo, AR, Rui, Bron, AD. DLos contract biggest trade piece available

On the new Lowe post, Zach Lowe talks with Mcmenamin regarding: AD extension, starting lineup

Mcmenamin apparently is close with the team and reporting AD wants another big starting next to him citing: doesn't want to bang bodies with bigs every night, had success with 2 bigs in past. Lowe doesn't like the 2 big lineup and guessed lineup would be: DLo, AR, Rui, Bron, AD. DLos contract biggest trade piece available

Agree with McMenamin that Action Jaxson Hayes could be starting at center by the time the season starts.

AD will never win a ring as a starting center. He always should be playing next to a center cause he is a SF in a PF's body. Whether or not AD closes games at center is beside the point. AD can't afford to bang with the centers cause he needs to preserve his body.

AD knows it. Pelinka knows it. McMenamin knows it. Jeanie, Linda, and Kurt and Three's Company knows it.

No Bigs next to AD = No Rebounds = No Interior Defense = No championships

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom