**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If that's the case why couldn't we just sign PG next summer, then worry about acquiring other stars later once he's here.

Next summer the Lakers can only have enough cap space to go after PG13 with a max contract.

If they don't free up space by getting rid of Deng & Mozgov. Then also throw in Randle's big contract extension also.

That's if the Lakers make no moves this summer or at the trade deadline next year.

Say we end up with PG next summer... What's stopping them from sending Deng/Mozgov, Randle, plus the 2019 1st rounder for Cousins if things don't work out in New Orleans.

To me it just seems smarter to make sure you have the foundation set before you start making trades "just cuz"

Last edited:
So what's stopping them from sending Deng/Mozgov, Randle, plus the 2019 1st rounder for Cousins of things don't work out in New Orleans.

Things actually working out in New Orleans. Why trade for Boogie when he can just come in FA amirite?

Last edited:
So what's stopping them from sending Deng/Mozgov, Randle, plus the 2019 1st rounder for Cousins of things don't work out in New Orleans.

Things actually working out in New Orleans. Why trade for Boogie when he can just come in FA amirite?

:lol:

If we sign Paul George that'll be the free agent signing... and cousins could be the trade that puts us over the hump.

Amirite?

:lol:

If we sign Paul George that'll be the free agent signing... and cousins could be the trade that puts us over the hump.

Amirite?

You can't trade for Boogie after he's a free agent and y'all don't want to move anybody at all so it's a moot point. Not even going to address how absurd it would be for any team to take on one of Mosgov and Deng with the other contracts they already have.

Last edited:
We don't wanna move anybody... or we aren't dumb enough to think it's a good idea to give up on 21 year old players with no guarantee said star will stay after being traded here :lol:

Dlo is the future he gone take us to the finals him and
randle no need to improve the team by getting Pg

Last edited:
Trading for a guy that already wants to join the team is the Melo situation. Point blank, period.

He wants to be here, why give anyone away? That's absolutely stupid. He wants to be here, great, let him sign as a free agent. No need to give Indy a damn thing.

1b338818e097f664b83a31fd2d507cdbe6d96a50090dbb7a111a116c646b6aa0.jpg

Last edited:
Say they do wait for PG13 to come via FA, will it be fine to trade D'Lo and Randle then?
No long term moves should be made before 2018 IMO. The Lakers aren't at the stage of rebuilding where they should subtract talent, even if it's to add a player of George's caliber.

What exactly is gained by trading for George? That's all I want to know.

You get a superstar in his prime who you can build around and he can help attract other superstars to come next summer possibly (Westbrook or Boogie).

If you give up a package of Randle and Clarkson or even D'Lo. That helps clears up eventual cap space issues. The current young core Randle will be due a huge contract extension summer 2018 D'Lo summer 2019 or 2020. The way the CBA is setup now the Lakers won't be able to keep all 4 of our lottery pick players once their rookie contracts are up. None of the current core (Randle, Clarkson, Ingram, D'Lo) haven't shown any potential sign they will be a allstar or superstar player where they are untouchable and are the future cornerstone face of the franchise type players.
Said superstar can't even get his team past the first round of the playoffs in the East while in his prime. That ain't no superstar.

What a crock of ****. If the Lakers were in Oklahoma City or Milwaukee, sure I might buy this. But they're in LA and signed a big tv deal not too long ago. If they don't want to pay the kids because they aren't deemed good enough, fine. But if they aren't going to pay them because of the CBA. :stoneface:

Paul George was competing in the ECF two years in a row against lebron when he had a squad though. The team is dismantled now. He's out there with nobody rn

We really going to act like PG13 ain't go to back 2 back conference finals? I swear man.

Paul George was competing in the ECF two years in a row against lebron when he had a squad though. The team is dismantled now. He's out there with nobody rn

So what do you think is gunna happen when he comes here? He went to the ECF cuz the east was weak and George Hill was balling + Hibbert was a DPOY candidate. This is also before he broke his ******* leg.

He barely got the 7th seed with Myles Turner. He's gunna get smoked out here in the west with Lonzo Ball as his only teammate.

why waste your ammo/assets to acquire a player who will not single handedly move the needle?

Last edited:
We really going to act like PG13 ain't go to back 2 back conference finals? I swear man.

We really gonna act like PG13 is gonna take this roster to conference finals in the west? He'd barely be top 3 at his position in that conference :lol:

Last edited:
So be it. The window is wide enough that the team can take its time in free agency. It's not like you're missing out on a lebron or kd, we're talking about 4th team all NBA. But if you trade for him that window shrinks considerably and you're in scramble mode

This. We sucked for 4 years so we could cash our chips on Paul " barely got the 7th seed in the east" George? I'm all the way good off that.

So be it. The window is wide enough that the team can take its time in free agency. It's not like you're missing out on a lebron or kd, we're talking about 4th team all NBA. But if you trade for him that window shrinks considerably and you're in scramble mode
This. We sucked for 4 years so we could cash our chips on Paul " barely got the 7th seed in the east" George? I'm all the way good off that.
same dudes who wanted us to cash out on a *never been to the playoffs boogie cousin* 

i aint even talking bout oncourt play my ****** all look like ghouls :lol:

thats why i said give um the monster squad nickname

Last edited:
So what do you think is gunna happen when he comes here? He went to the ECF cuz the east was weak and George Hill was balling + Hibbert was a DPOY candidate. This is also before he broke his ******* leg.

He barely got the 7th seed with Myles Turner. He's gunna get smoked out here in the west with Lonzo Ball as his only teammate.

why waste your ammo/assets to acquire a player who will not single handedly move the needle?

You make good points [emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️ Idk though I'm not in favor of trading everyone either. But I feel A change of scenery will be good for his career and he will possibly elevate our team and make players better. With all the young players we have now it's going to be tough for all of them to grow together and elevate their games. I really don't know if LA is the place to develop young talent.

Yea man PG is still a top 15-20 player in the league and you need at least two of those to contend...Getting him is the first step.

By all accounts Magic and Rob aren't selling the farm. All we're hearing is that he wants to come here and they want to sign him in the summer.

That's bargaining, they're driving down the price and scaring off other teams.

All I'm saying is there's a middle ground between trading everyone and hoping he signs in FA. 

Ingram is only available for cousins iirc.

Anyway pg has proven that he's not that guy who will carry a team to the promised land.

I mean, who HAS carried a team to the promised land in the East last 7 years other than Lebron?

Why so much hate on DLO still?

I think this will go away because Ball is going to become the "star" on our team. Ball (and his pops... mostly his pops) will draw all attention to himself and hopefully allow Dlo to feel less pressure.

People look at Dlo sideways cuz he was billed as the savior of the team and we've been complete **** in his 2 years. What people don't realize is that 20 year old, 1 and done NBA players do not win basketball games. They need time to grow. People don't wanna wait though. See: "it's la and we need all-stars"

The funniest part to me is that Dlo's rookie year was better than Ingram's rookie year, but nobody says a word about trading Ingram, while some ppl consistently toss around Dlo's name as tradebait for the last year and half. Is it because Dlo has more value than Ingram? No, it's because they just don't want Dlo on the team. That just shows u Dlo's perception among the fan base. Dlo is not (yet) the star people expected. Ingram doesn't talk to anyone, shows no emotion & generally stays out of the spotlight. While Dlo is more out there and willing to promote himself, so he's gunna draw heat when the team plays ****** like it has been doing

There are people out there who are more concerned about getting rid of Dlo than actually improving the championship aspirations of the team. ***** funny to ya boy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom