**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Did Magic on ESPN radio just talked positively about all the young core except Dlo? Sounded like he mentioned Nance JC Randle Ingram and Zu

And said BI is basically untouchable "we will probably never look at trading him"

Nance- work on his mid range jumper
Randle - work on his right hand aggressively
JC- his handle and defense
BI- strength to finish at the rim

DLO attitude is what will have him shipped out
Not his skills

This.

I couldn't rewind on the ESPN app, so he really left DLO out as he went down the list?

He also said Zu needs to lose 20 lbs

Last edited:
I couldn't rewind on the ESPN app, so he really left DLO out as he went down the list?

He also said Zu needs to lose 20 lbs

No he talked about D'Lo but most of the critiques weren't skill based, he said his defense needs to improve but his decision making and growing into a leader were his main points with him.

Why is Dlo the young guy that has been anointed as the one that needs to be a leader?

Cause he's the one that's talked the game up but seemingly is still the most immature. I think if they bring in Zo that burden is going to be removed from him anyway by force. Zo is just a natural one.

1. PGs generally lead the team "coach on the floor" etc
2. None of us know what goes on behind the scenes. If coaches and front office repeatedly mention his lack of maturity and leadership, there must be some concerning things going on

People in this very thread hated on Kobe Bean Bryant...an actual Laker legend. What's up with this special treatment for D'Lo who's done nothing?
It's not special treatment, you CLEARLY just have this hate towards D'Angelo Russell for some weird reason.

Facts are:

1) He's the current best player on the roster.

2) Best shooter on the roster.

3) Best playmaker on the roster.

4) Can easily be moved to the 2 guard role.

5) Put up better numbers at HIS age than most PGs at same age.

You don't criticize anyone BUT D'Lo, does he remind you of someone that used to beat you at 1-on-1 daily?

D'Lo is easy to hate for basketball reasons and his demeanor not even going into the off court realm. There's no obligation for anyone to like or want him on the team. If I hate him, so what? How does it affect YOUR life.

D'Lo gone need some new dentures if he try to pull up on me.

Last edited:
D'Lo is easy to hate for basketball reasons and his demeanor not even going into the off court realm. There's no obligation for anyone to like or want him on the team. If I hate him, so what? How does it affect YOUR life.
Because obviously that makes your opinion biased and not based of fair assessment.

That's why people in this thread think your comments are a joke.

And PLEASE tell me how he's "easy" to hate for basketball reasons...

Last edited:
Because obviously that makes your opinion biased and not based of fair assessment.

Nah people don't actually. I have had banter here with guys for years. We never see eye to eye on everything, but that's what makes this thread great. I don't even remember you being here beyond the last month or so.

And your love and stannism for D'Lo doesn't lean towards you having a bias? It works both ways.

Last edited:

That's the main thing. We can't really take anything you say seriously, you can't be objective when it comes to Dlo.

Maybe you're doing it to offset some of the ppl that are overly optimistic never criticize him, but I don't take them seriously either.

He's not above criticism, but he clearly doesn't deserve hate he gets either.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ar-ball-kardashian-mom-kris-jenner/102138280/

“He’s just saying, ‘Hey, my son is great,’ and there’s nothing bad with that. So we’re not looking at LaVar being a problem if we’re blessed to have the opportunity to draft Lonzo. We don’t know at this time if we’re going to do that at this time.”

“As long as it doesn’t bother (Lonzo), it’s not going to bother the Laker organization, as long as Lonzo performs on the basketball court,” said Johnson, who has yet to meet with Lonzo. He said the Lakers are scheduling an individual workout with him in the next few weeks that he’s “looking forward to.”

In the interview, Johnson also seemed to make a comparison to Michael Jordan and his father, James, as well as Tiger Woods and his father, Earl, when discussing a father’s affection for his son — whether outspoken or not.

“We’ve always had parents who loved their sons or daughters, who play in professional golf or basketball, or whatever, who get involved, who get excited, and also who think that their child is the best,” Johnson said. “Some will say it publicly, some will only think it, but I have no problem with LaVar.”

He absolutely 'deserves' hate for the way he plays sometimes, acts, and his continued immaturity.

Y'all really think I care if y'all take me seriously regarding D'Lo or not? Giving yourselves too much credit forreal.

Last edited:
The irony of a dude with the name mamba hating on a person because of their attitude, immaturity, and personality.

Not just you mamba MVP. I see it with a lot of people who are Kobe fans. I don't get how the irony is lost on these guys.

It obviously stems from mamba and others not wanting this guy as soon as he was drafted because the media narrative was set that Okafor was the big man savior.

Now people see how awful Okafor has been so goalposts get moved constantly.

Last edited:

DLO attitude is what will have him shipped out
Not his skills
This.
Agree with this also.

Might be reaching, but I don't think it's a coincidence Magic came out and said he's not untouchable a day after that tweet came out.
He absolutely 'deserves' hate for the way he plays sometimes, acts, and his continued immaturity.
SOMETIMES!

He infuriates me sometimes. But so do other players.

He's progressing into a pretty good player, just don't see how someone could not have anything positive to say about him. 

Nah people don't actually. I have had banter here with guys for years. We never see eye to eye on everything, but that's what makes this thread great. I don't even remember you being here beyond the last month or so.

And your love and stannism for D'Lo doesn't lean towards you having a bias? It works both ways.
I'm not a stan of his at all, I just know that with his skill set we'd be better off WITH him.

I honestly don't see why the Lakers need to move anyone except Nance/Randle.

There's nothing "stan" about stating facts about his game.

His biggest flaw, to me, is his flat footedness on defense which I feel better suits him for guarding 2 guards & finishing at the rim which can be worked on.

I've said positive things about him before though. Long term though I just don't think he's going to fit or be here.

If me talking negatively about him bothers you that much. Just block me fam I'd rather just respond to the D'Lo stans as a collective rather than individually.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom