**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

ever since the lakers fired vogel you been trying to get rid of every player from that roster.

only ones left from that team are bron and ad

and you tryna get rid of them too lol

:lol:

Nothin to do with any head coach.

Need a complete reset, Jeanie on down.

Welp...
FB_IMG_1715352974554.jpg

8 figures a year for Bud?

Guess KD sticks around at least 1 more year. Depending on their record by the deadline, of course.

Need a complete reset, Jeanie on down.
WCF last year.
Playoffs this year.
"BURN IT DOWN TO THE GROUND!"
🤣🤣😂
There's that absolute thinking we all come to expect.
You'd reset every year we don't win a championship... and probably a few years we have won a championship.
"Our Finals MVP is in his late 30s! And it took us 7 games in every single series! And we were down 7 with 3 minutes left in game 7 of the Finals! BURN IT DOWN!"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Championship coaches going for 8 figures???

What is Lue gonna want from us if he’s available?

Vogel might be the cheapest of the “championship” coaches….if that’s what we want to hire

Maybe we go for a college coach or reddick since we’re cheap

Totally agree with this point. JJ is knowledgeable about basketball and is articulate but basically any college coach or assistant can draw a plays and do the stuff we see JJ talk about on the podcast.

If the Lakers go with a first-time head coach, especially someone like JJ who hasn't coached as much as a high school game, it just shows that they're not all that interested in winning.

Totally agree with this point. JJ is knowledgeable about basketball and is articulate but basically any college coach or assistant can draw a plays and do the stuff we see JJ talk about on the podcast.

If the Lakers go with a first-time head coach, especially someone like JJ who hasn't coached as much as a high school game, it just shows that they're not all that interested in winning.

Yup, Coaching is more than just X’s and O’s and being savvy enough to make adjustments on the fly

Effective leadership is also about managing personalities and being a great mentor that people want to follow and play hard for. Being a great coach means the coach has the innate ability to get the most out of his players by instilling the requisite amount of discipline and consistency in his locker room day in and day out so that it leads to maximizing output on the court and in practice.

Ham has never proven that. Budenholzer has, and is why he’s worth an 8-figure contract

Budenholzer’s resume speaks for itself.

Pelinky Dink is on the clock

The crazy thing about Ham is that he gave off that type of energy before being hired. He seemed like he was a leader and authority figure. Fooled me for sure :lol:

Championship coaches going for 8 figures???
I said this the other day that Bud was going to be too expensive for the Lakers… and it’s not even that he’s some great coach but the Suns (and Lakers) will have to overpay because of the mess their front offices have created.

The crazy thing about Ham is that he gave off that type of energy before being hired. He seemed like he was a leader and authority figure. Fooled me for sure :lol:
I mean he might very well be that but if you can’t hold people (stars) accountable then at the end of the day it’s just an illusion of control.

All it really comes down to is getting somebody Bron/AD trusts/respects/listens to. That's all. Anyone else is going to get walked over eventually.

Problem is the one guy I can think of is currently employed.

Looking more and more by the day that Vogel as HC and Rondo as AC is the better option over Atkinson, Juwan Howard, Redick, or any other name that’s been thrown out there

All it really comes down to is getting somebody Bron/AD trusts/respects/listens to. That's all. Anyone else is going to get walked over eventually.

Problem is the one guy I can think of is currently employed.
If you suck at Xs and Os, the players will lose any respect too.

Back
Top Bottom