**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

What if Lonzo purposely cooked in Nikes to show Nike "look what y'all can have, pay up" :nerd:

But... but.... but Lonzo is not more athletic than D'Lol.
I think most people in here have said multiple times in the half court.  I know I've said he is fast when he gets to full speed, but his first step is still pretty slow.  

But his passing is god damn incredible.  The full court lobs he throws on the money are ridiculous

Last edited:
I can't wait to see how it'll be once he's playing with actual NBA players.
I know he'll also be playing against them so he's going to get torched defensively for a while :lol:
But offensively it'll be exciting to see how well Randle/Clarkson/etc. can play while playing with such a great passer. :smokin

I know he'll also be playing against them so he's going to get torched defensively for a while
laugh.gif

But offensively it'll be exciting to see how well Randle/Clarkson/etc. can play while playing with such a great passer.
smokin.gif
I'm most interested to see how Randle plays with him.  He has gotten himself in incredible shape so hopefully he is just sprinting down the court after every board is grabbed for easy buckets.

I know he'll also be playing against them so he's going to get torched defensively for a while :lol:
But offensively it'll be exciting to see how well Randle/Clarkson/etc. can play while playing with such a great passer. :smokin

Randle going to be out the paint soon.

Nance already better than him...and that Variant Ben Simmons ****** better than Randle too. Plus, he got crazy chemistry with lonzo.

Don't worry....You'll realize it in a few months when Randle grabs a rebound, waves Lonzo off....and proceeds to attempt to go end to end leading to a disastrous turnover.

Or when Lonzo kicks it back to Randle in the two man game....and instead of taking the shot....Randle forces his way left into congestion leading to a terrible finish at the rim or turnover.

#JustWaitOnIt
pimp.gif
Fax.
Not sure if Dlo would be good as a player who moves around, finds open spots , and gets catch and shoot opportunities.
He did it his rookie year when the offense was run exclusively through Kobe. He actually did a really great job at it.

I'm still under the assumption that he initiated the trade. The front office probably went to him and told him they want Lonzo running the offense and want him to slide over to the two, and he probably wanted nothing to do with that.

He did it his rookie year when the offense was run exclusively through Kobe. He actually did a really great job at it.

I'm still under the assumption that he initiated the trade. The front office probably went to him and told him they want Lonzo running the offense and want him to slide over to the two, and he probably wanted nothing to do with that.

That's definitely a possibility.

I also think it's possible Magic, Rob and Luke felt Lonzo would be better at running Luke's offense and they wanted to give D'lo a shot to run his own team, so they traded him to BKN

Thoughts on Zo's game

+ One of the more impress all around summer league games I've ever seen.
+ He took what the defense game him. Didn't overpass like he did in the previous games; really picked his spots
+ Looked alot more confident in his shot.
+ His defense is still bad but he has good instincts. On-ball defense will come with time. His basketball IQ is so high that he instinctively knows when the play passing lanes. I can see him being a top 5 steals type of player.
+ Once again he wouldn't had 15+ assists if these guys could catch and control passes. :lol:
+ Makes his teammates better ALOT better. Look at the plus-minus stats between when he's on and off the court.
+ Better rebounder than he gets credit it. Being a bigger PG will allow him to get 5 or 6 rebounds per game on a regular basis. Don't be surprised if he gets a 7 or 8 triple doubles.

- On-ball defense is still pretty bad. We're gonna need to get a rim protector in the future so he can funnel defenders toward the basket and not give up layups
- Sloppy with the ball on afew plays.

Is it me of did Zubac have the worst 20 pt game ever? I feel like he played like crap (he really hasn't impressed him this summer league) and I look up and he has 20 on 63% shooting :lol:

Loved how Ball was facilitating until he realized his teammates weren't playing well so he took over offensively. Didn't know he had that in him honestly.

I also think it's possible Magic, Rob and Luke felt Lonzo would be better at running Luke's offense and they wanted to give D'lo a shot to run his own team, so they traded him to BKN
Could be it, but at this point it doesnt really matter since they got a somewhat comparable replacement in KCP.  Welcome to the KCP era.

I think I was listening to ESPN 710 radio and a report about Rob P's plan about getting the team into better shape like the Warriors, which is why Randle is in great shape. But after a couple of weekly check-ins D'oh disappeared and was not on the path. Magic already expressed to him how he wanted him to become the leader keep in mind. When they finally got D'oh back to the training facily, he hadn't lost a single pound. He was shipped out not long after.
The lonzo pick is really about changing the culture, and it's exciting.

Last edited:
He was being guarded by Jaylen brown and Tim Luowaay both good defenders

I think I was listening to ESPN 710 radio and a report about Rob P's plan about getting the team into better shape like the Warriors, which is why Randle is in great shape. But after a couple of weekly check-ins D'oh disappeared and was not on the path. Magic already expressed to him how he wanted him to become the leader keep in mind. When they finally got D'oh back to the training facily, he hadn't lost a single pound. He was shipped out not long after.
The lonzo pick is really about changing the culture, and it's exciting.

Oh wow... this is interesting!

thought this too but kept to myself lol.

we really want bron hendering Zo and BI and relegating them to being spot up corner shooters?

nah man wont happen lebron would appreciate zo being a premier ball handler. will take the load off his old self

damn man if we had this roster

ball
george
ingram
lebron
randle

all 5 handle and pass the rock well but just lebronald and zo taking turns being floor general omg

jesus pls

We finally got one...can't wait too see zo and bi Ballin out anything else is just bonus

thought this too but kept to myself lol.

we really want bron hendering Zo and BI and relegating them to being spot up corner shooters?

nah man wont happen lebron would appreciate zo being a premier ball handler. will take the load off his old self

ball
george
ingram
lebron
randle

all 5 handle and pass the rock well but just lebronald and zo taking turns being floor general omg

jesus pls

[emoji]129303[/emoji] [emoji]127773[/emoji]

Last edited:

ball
george
ingram
lebron
randle

jesus pls
I dont think we would have money for both PG and Lebron if we keep Randle.

On a side note, does anyone know how long the waivers last?  Can we re-sign Nwaba yet?

Back
Top Bottom