**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

This is super ironic and hilarious considering how weak of a rebounder he is.

I remember this interview.

You midas whale say "birds of a feather flock together."

Prince just as dumb as Ham.

Get rid of them both.

This idiot coach was starting Prince the entire first half of the season when Wood, Hayes, or Rui should've been starting alongside Bron and AD.

Give me Forrest Gump as coach over Darvin any day of the week

Stupid is as stupid does

Jeanie, Rob, Darvin, Bron, AD, DLo,Prince, dinwiddie, whoever that 1 dude we drafted is... can all go. Burn it all down. Call up the South Bay Lakers for the next couple years til Luka and or Wemby come.

Jeanie, Rob, Darvin, Bron, AD, DLo,Prince, dinwiddie, whoever that 1 dude we drafted is... can all go. Burn it all down. Call up the South Bay Lakers for the next couple years til Luka and or Wemby come.
so you want another situation like this?
th-9.jpeg

Why?
I mean to what end? To accomplish what?
You already know why

You don't think AD needs big man help as he gets older to help him win a chip? Let's start there.

Because you already know AD and Bron ain't winning a damn thing with Ham continuing to put AD at center full time, constantly surrounded by three guard and 1-Big, 5-out type lineups

Why do you think the Warriors drafted big man Trayce Jackson Davis and added 6-10" stretch big Dario Saric, who not only shoots from deep but will get you 5-6 rebounds a night and can guard opposing bigs because of his height and length. You don't think Kerr realized Dray and Looney surrounded by a team full of Jordan Poole type guards ain't gonna cut it in the loaded Big West?

Why do you think the Celtics added Porzingis, Queta to help old Al Horford and young Kornet? You think they did that just to stack a bunch of bigs and let them rot on the bench? LOL

If Lakers ain't gonna trade for a big to help AD out, might as well have drafted one to develop.

Hindsight is 20/20 but Pelinka messed up big time by drafting JHS instead of the energizer local product multi-position forward Jacquez or a big man prospect.

It's clear the rookie Jacquez is already a much better NBA player than Reddish, Prince, and maybe even Hachimura.

When Kareem and Mychal Thompson were getting old in 88-89, what's the first thing Dr. Buss and Jerry West did? Acquired PF Orlando Woodridge and drafted centers Vlade and Elden, who allowed them to be competitive in the West and even reach the NBA Finals in 91 long after Cap retired.

They then developed and turned Vlade and Elden into Shaq, young Kobe, and Glen Rice, which led to more championships because they maintained their title roster building formula/identity, which always included Multiple (with a capital M) impact big men next to their star guards and small forwards.

Ain't nothing changed, even today.

It's a damn shame Ham hardly utilizes Wood and Hayes with AD cause he loves going small. Had he gone big the majority of the time, this team would likely have over 45 wins by now. We got Giles to help AD yet we've seen him only play garbage time. Ham is a freaking joke.

Lakers mgmt gotta be wiser and hire championship caliber personnel.

That's if of course winning titles is their absolute #1 priority.

Last edited:
No, I meant: What does pointing that out to us accomplish? That previous comment of yours that I quoted said something like "Let me show you guys who the Lakers should have drafted."
Why show us? To accomplish... what?
I'm just curious what all this 'Shoulda woulda, coulda' means to you, what you're getting out of it.
No hate. Just curious

I know AD missed most of this game but look at paint points last game where AD played…

1710683017628.png

And of course here’s the paint points from last night without AD
1710683109452.png

So with or without AD if you can’t stop or at least limit dribble penetration you are going to give up points in the paint. And if you try and scheme to stop drives you are going to give up open shots. Start Hayes instead of Rui you lose offense plus no there’s no center to give AD a break (Wood is more of a 4 to me). Anyhow season is almost over and this team still has more questions than answers… but time is running out.

No, I meant: What does pointing that out to us accomplish? That previous comment of yours that I quoted said something like "Let me show you guys who the Lakers should have drafted."
I'm just curious what all this 'Shoulda would, coulda' means to you, what your getting out of it.
No hate. Just curious
🤣

Let me tell you about the 12 teams that shoulda drafted Kobe before Charlotte… boy they really blew it big time!

I try to cape for prince since we went to the same high school, but it's frustrating to watch him play for my team

IMO it's very hard to just point at the GM when we know Bron and Rich can make deals happen if they want.

Rob has made good moves and bad moves. We have also had bad injury luck, a season starting like a month after winning a chip, and just various other things.

One thing we all know is we are in basketball purgatory until Lebron retires. I'm not saying Bron is killing us or anything like that but it's like when Kobe was on the back end of his deal.

We mostly all wanted him here but we knew we wouldn't be serious contenders.

We had a decent start but then we showed we are a play-in team.

I'm just kinda ready for this season to be over and see if they actually give Bron 60 m's and trade for a 3rd star.

If the cap doesn't go up, it's Russ all over again but Mitchell or Trey would fit better than Russ IMO.

Last edited:
I'm just curious what all this 'Shoulda woulda, coulda' means to you, what you're getting out of it.
No hate. Just curious
you looking too deeply into it. Paralysis by analysis.

All it was was my opinion that LA should’ve drafted a position of need. Guard was not a position of need and just highlights the fact Pelinka botched the draft. Nothing more nothing less.

And to think that the Lakers are in “basketball purgatory because of Bron or until he retires” is just the most asinine statement one could make. The Lakers can still win a title with Bron just gotta put all the right pieces together including the coaching staff.

Again, my opinion not anyone else’s. Neither wrong nor right but can certainly be valid or invalid.

"Looking too deeply" would imply that I provided a reasoning.
I didn't.
Just a question, still unanswered.
"Lakers should have drafted a position of need."
But why continue saying that? Portland should have drafted Jordan. 12 teams should have drafted Kobe.
Why this constant "Coulda, woulda, shoulda" on... here?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Like, we can't do anything, and we can't get you a job anywhere. Is "Coulda, woulda, shoulda" your lane irl? If it is, it is. I'm just asking.

"Looking too deeply" would imply that I provided a reasoning.
I didn't.
Just a question, still unanswered.
"Lakers should have drafted a position of need."
But why continue saying that? Portland should have drafted Jordan. 12 teams should have drafted Kobe.
Why this constant "Coulda, woulda, shoulda" on... here?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Like, we can't do anything, and we can't get you a job anywhere. Is "Coulda, woulda, shoulda" your lane irl? If it is, it is. I'm just asking.
"We can't do anything" is not the way to look at it.

The Lakers CAN do something.

And they currently ain't doing it.

That my friend is WHY I continue to repeat what I've been saying. Not until the Lakers DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT will the woulda coulda shoulda stop.

You didn't hear the woulda coulda shoulda stuff coming out my typewriter during the '19-'20 season, even before we actually lifted the trophy and became champs in Oct 2020, or did you? You didn't. And that's because Pelinka built a championship ready roster that had all the right pieces and was utilized to perfection by Coach Vogel to battle Milwaukee, LAC, Miami, Philly, Bos, Den, and all the rest of the contenders that year.

And just fyi....irl, there ain't no coulda woulda shoulda. The moment you notice a problem, you resolve it quickly and act decisively.

Had the Lakers addressed their needs in the draft appropriately, had they continued going 2-Big, had they fired Ham the moment everyone realized he was incompetent or not ready for the job, then the Lakers wouldn't have put themselves in this predicament. Now it's even more important that they act quickly to get rid of their weakest links if they hope to have any decent shot at a title with Bron and AD in the next 2 years.

That's if of course, once again, winning championships is their ultimate #1 priority.

Last edited:
Leave Darvin in Detroit.

That 2004 championship team was built to beat Shaq and Kobe with all the bigs and perimeter defenders the Pistons had - Sheed, Big Ben, Okur, Elden, Williamson, Tayshaun, Rip, Billups. That team was stacked.

Too bad both Horace and Mailman were hurt by the time LAL reached the Finals. Again....the huge importance of BIGS. Even Shaq needed help inside against Detroit. They missed the 6-10" Horry too, who had already moved on to San Antonio and eventually helped Tim Duncan defeat those same Pistons the following season LOL.

Larry Brown, an excellent coach who coached AI and Mutombo to the Finals against LA, finally had a roster built to break through and at last defeated Phil.

But yes, leave Darvin in Detroit.

Last edited:
"We can't do anything" is not the way to look at it.

The Lakers CAN do something.
Yes, the Lakers can.
WE can't. This thread. This forum.
That's why my original question was "Why?" when you said "Let me show you who the Lakers should have drafted." Why all this energy to... us?
We can't do anything, and we can't get you a job anywhere.
So at this point, a typical response would be something like "Well if you want to do nothing, fine. I'm doing something, and I'll continue to point out the gross incompetence until it changes."
If that's the response, if you honestly think pointing out to US who the Lakers should have drafted is 'doing something'...

Yes, the Lakers can.
WE can't. This thread. This forum.
That's why my original question was "Why?" when you said "Let me show you who the Lakers should have drafted." Why all this energy to... us?
We can't do anything, and we can't get you a job anywhere.
So at this point, a typical response would be something like "Well if you want to do nothing, fine. I'm doing something, and I'll continue to point out the gross incompetence until it changes."
If that's the response, if you honestly think pointing out to US who the Lakers should have drafted is 'doing something'...

Ever think of the possibility that I'm not your typical person that would give the typical response that you mentioned?

Regardless, at least I make my points known very clearly and nobody has any confusion what my stance is towards the Lakers.

How y'all feel about the verbiage I use to deliver my thoughts and opinions.....well that's on you guys :lol:

Ever think of the possibility that I'm not your typical person that would give the typical response that you mentioned?
Absolutely.
We're all unique.
Typically, when someone can see that their audience doesn't shive a git or their diatribes are aimed at the wrong group, they switch gears.
But not everyone is typical. 🤙

Absolutely.
We're all unique.
Typically, when someone can see that their audience doesn't shive a git or their diatribes are aimed at the wrong group, they switch gears.
But not everyone is typical. 🤙
You're exactly right and I agree 100%.

I will say this, you're one of the very few mature and level headed ones in here, in this specific thread.

And for the rest of the kiddos in here who love to talk funny to me with their own brand of ‘humor,’ I actually enjoy playing along too

🤙🏽

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom