**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

:lol:

Yea.....I uh.....haven't really given my opinion.......the last iono, 20 years here on NT.

???

Not trying to give you a hard time but you you haven't offered an alternative to what the Lakers are currently doing. I get that you don't want to resign LeBron but what alternative do we have? We are over the cap, this allows us to resign our current players but LeBron and Russell leaving free agency then we cannot replace them. We just lose them for nothing.

The best we can do is hope for young players to progress (Hood Schino, Christie), get a better coach and maybe consolidate mid-sized salaries and draft picks for a fringe All-Star player.

What does your ideal Lakers offseason look like?

Such a waste of time and energy to discuss Lebron. It’s all for talk show banter and clicks

He’s not going anywhere. He’s not turning down 60 mill. Jeanie’s not letting a business opportunity pass her by. Money over winning. We will be a 7-10 seed next year too.

Did we actually get better this season?

Last season: no IST chip, no win vs Denver

This season: IST chip, one win vs Denver

#runitback

:rofl:
"skys the limit"

Flying Ham by Dangerdude991 on DeviantArt

"The coach is holding us back!"
Or... the roster is inferior to high-end teams.
"Moron!"

"The age of 1 of the best guys on our team is holding us back!"
Or... the roster is inferior to high-end teams.
"Moron!"

Same tunnel vision analysis that THEY sell as 'seeing the bigger picture.'
You still don’t get the coaching part and how Ham was CLEARLY THE MAIN ISSUE (not the only issue but the MAIN issue) as to why the Lakers underachieved this year with a better roster than last year’s team that made the WCF

Answer me this, if Del Harris was such a championship caliber coach how come he couldn’t beat the Utah Jazz more than once in two playoff series back to back years with a loaded Lakers roster in 97 and 98 that won 56 and 61 games and had among the best records in the West?

If coaching doesn’t make a significant impact on playoff teams then how was Erik Spoelstra able to lead the Heat to overachieve and reach the Finals last year and in 2020 with a roster that doesn’t have a top 10 player?

If this roster had better pieces (like Dejounte and Capela instead of DLo and Rui for example) or if this group were fully healthy the whole year, you have confidence in Ham to beat DEN and MIN and BOS? Tell me you would and I’ll debate and argue this with you all day long.

You are smarter than that. Had this Lakers team had a much better coach, I guarantee you even with this roster they have a better regular season record and they win more than one game in the first round of the playoffs NO MATTER WHO the opponent is! This is called #BigPicture

Championships are the goal and Ham is far from being a championship level coach because the idiot can’t even coach and remind Rui to properly help on Jamal knowing Jamal was going to get the ball on a PNR with the game on the line.

Last edited:

AD played 76 games this season :lol:

I'm not gonna overreact to this loss because I genuinely believe we are the 2nd or 3rd best team come playoff time. We just happen to go up against the best two years in a row :lol:

Doesn't matter if it's WCF or first round, we're not built to beat the Nuggets.

With our season on the line, our biggest weaknesses were exploited (perimeter defense, offensive rebounding).

I'm not gonna overreact to this loss because I genuinely believe we are the 2nd or 3rd best team come playoff time. We just happen to go up against the best two years in a row :lol:

With our season on the line, our biggest weaknesses were exploited (perimeter defense, offensive rebounding).

I mean we're we really not built to beat them?

A couple plays here and there and it's 3-2 us heading back to LA.

5 game series separated by 11 points...

With us missing one of our best defenders....

Last edited:

I believed that going into this series.
I no longer believe that.

This is such a Lakers move. Go all in on a star that doesn't actually help your team. Didn't we learn from the Westbrook trade?

I don't understand Rob's obsession with guards. Rebounding and rim protection are the things that have killed us the last couple of years. As opposed to addressing those things Rob wants guards.

Last edited:
I mean we're we really not built to beat then?

A couple plays here and there and it's 3-2 us heading back to LA.

5 game series separated by 11 points...

With us missing one of our best defenders....

I believed that going into this series.
I no longer believe that.
When it came down to it, our weaknesses were exposed every... single....game. 12 outta the last 13 :lol:

That said, I believe we can bring back most of the key players, especially if Vando returns to form.

The only things we need to do:

1. Build a package around a combination of D Lo, Rui, Gabe, and picks to secure a legitimate 3rd star or difference-maker in the frontcourt... doesn't really have to be a star.
2. Go back in time and bring 2013 Marc Gasol to the present.

Back
Top Bottom