Lack of Ambition

When I worked for American I disliked having to go to them small businesses for Food. Dude was counting too many of his pennys.

But I'm trying to get them free flights back.

Shooot i wish i got i wish free flights.

Its a small restaurant business with like 4 locations total. The business ttried the longest to fight paying the minimum wage (15/hr). Wouldnt even give free employee meals the first few months i started. Manager is a ****. Hate going through TSA everytime before work

By your location I assume you from Seattle too and you work at Sea-Tac.

I read this last week and it looks like (some) help is on the way. Sea-Tac is the largest growing airport in the country and wasnt staffed to meet the ever increasing demand but State reps are trying to work on that.

http://www.seattletimes.com/life/travel/more-four-legged-human-help-to-ease-sea-tac-airport-woes/

Thats cool theyre getting some help but seems its going to get busier and be worse than last summer lol. Its good for the business that theyll be making more money but it legit feels like slavery working when its that busy. Screen flooded with 20+ orders and every customer expecting their order in less than 5 minutes. Every second counts and if a customer asks for something like a bag youre ****ed. On top of that i work in the closing shift where we have half th amount of staff morning shift have.

That job is just stressful feeling a chicken running aroumd with its head cut off

OP how long have you 2 been together? She probably wants you to go to the next level in your relationship.

I'm on my grind right now too, no more slacking... Thank you for all the advice

Last edited:
Damn G, she fly af. :pimp:

Can't help you with the ambition thing tho (I also have a lack of ambition lol).

You live in toronto? Why dont you apply for jobs with the city? There are always positions like a support assistant (basically clerical work) with a starting pay over $25 an hour. Go to yhe city of toronto website. Look at all positions under current and ongoing. Anways your girl is putting this pressure on you because she is probably looking to get married soon, and wants a man on the right path. How long have yall been dating? What were each of you doing at the time?

You know a dishwasher can be more educated than a doctor.

What? :lol:

I think the word he's looking for is intellegent. Which is possible, slackers in all fields.

If you mean like practical intelligence/street smarts then yeah

You can't be a slacker and get into med school, get through med school, and get through residency

I don't think doctors are necessarily smarter but our path does require drive and book smarts to survive

Lately my gf been yelling at me

stopped reading right there....
roll.gif

All lack of ambition is-is not knowing what you want to contribute to this world, that's all.

Once you find out by happen-chance what you want to do in this world the drive and ambition will soon follow. Don't worry about it OP. You just need to find out what exactly your talent/passion/interests are. Then you'll soon be able to make money off of it and your GF will shut her trap.

All lack of ambition is-is not knowing what you want to contribute to this world, that's all.

Once you find out by happen-chance what you want to do in this world the drive and ambition will soon follow. Don't worry about it OP. You just need to find out what exactly your talent/passion/interests are. Then you'll soon be able to make money off of it and your GF will shut her trap.
Not accounting for the majority that never realize their purpose, and exist simply for the sake of existing. 

Op, been in your shoes so I know exactly how it is. For anyone saying fdb etc etc, how can you blame the girl ? No one wants to live a crappy life. When you're younger than looks and all that can overcome a lot of things, but once a girl reaches mid to late 20's she is looking to settle down and find a husband. If you keep wasting her time then it'll just make it harder on her to find a quality guy once she's out of her "prime" and she'll be seen as a "leftover" and something must be wrong with her type. She's probably had external factors pulling at her too like friends, family and other potential dudes trying to get at her by talking down about you and your "career". At least she has the decency to give you this warning and hoping you can change for the betterment of the relationship. She could've easily just peace'd out on you but she still wants to be with you in the long run if you can change. From previous experience, there are a lot of tyrone's lurking in the shadows right now talking in her ear and acting like sharks circling the waters like there is fresh blood. At this point you have to decide if what your doing and how you're living is what you want out of life. Otherwise you gotta shape up and do what you gotta do if you see her as your future wife.

Good luck op

Does anyone feel they lack ambition? Lately my gf been yelling at me because she feels I'm not very ambitious and I'm starting to believe it. I'm 28 and only making like 18.00 an hour, I have a business degree but It's hard getting a 60K a year job .. I own a car but still live at home..my sneaker
game crazy though lol .. Anyway it's very depressing. Do I just need to man up?.. Also My gf is very successful with multiple degrees a Masters and a cool job in the government..
I live in Toronto too, honestly 18 per hour is not bad at all but I know this city is getting more expensive by the month. What's your job if you don't mind saying?

Does anyone feel they lack ambition? Lately my gf been yelling at me because she feels I'm not very ambitious and I'm starting to believe it. I'm 28 and only making like 18.00 an hour, I have a business degree but It's hard getting a 60K a year job .. I own a car but still live at home..my sneaker
game crazy though lol .. Anyway it's very depressing. Do I just need to man up?.. Also My gf is very successful with multiple degrees a Masters and a cool job in the government..

What is your race? just a question.

Back
Top Bottom