Ladainian Tomlinson and the Hall of Fame

T

trelvis tha thrilla

I graduated from TCU so I have a little bias toward this subject, but....

If LT never played another down of football...or he came back at
less than full-strength and played a few very sub par years...

Would he make the NFL Hall of Fame based on career to date?

-- 18th all-time on career rushing yards (after only 7 seasons). Everyone above
him (except for Edgerren James and Jim Brown with 9) has at leat 10 seasons.
-- Third on rushing touchdowns
-- Best all-time ratio of TDs per game (1.16 compared to 1.07 for Jim Brown;
no one else close to 1.0). Also he is the only 10,000 yard rusher to average more
than one rushing touchdown (1.04) per game.
-- Among 10,000 yard rushers, he has the third best yard per game average (95.9)
and second best yards per season average (1521, behind only Barry Sander's 1527).
-- One MVP and two rushing titles
-- Record for rushing touchdowns, touchdowns and scoring in a season
-- Tied record for most consecutive games with a touchdown (18)
-- Only second player to have at least 1200 yards in each of his first 7 seasons

and many other accomplishments.

IMO yes.

The MVP, TD record, Rushing titles... and a yds per game avg of 95.9
eek.gif

Yeah he would make it in right now.

He will end up with one of the most heralded careers ever.

if he retired today he would be in for sure. look at what hes done in only 7 years. if he plays at this level for the next 2 years even and calls it quits hewill go down as the goat, numbers wise of course . as of right now LT is the active leader in yards per game. i bet you dont know who 2nd is

Yeah, I thought so too. We were having this discussion on the TCU Forum and some people were saying that he probably wouldnt get in.

He's mos def a first ballot Hall of Famer. LT needs to go after Eric Dickerson's single season rushing record next.

If LT weren't on the Chargers, San Diego would be the same laughingstock they were the years before LT arrived.

He's in today in my book. Add 3 more years and he'll be hurtin people.
eek.gif

But I think after these playoffs and what we know about the mileage on great backs, I'm sad to say that we won't have these seasons around for muchlonger.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

If LT never played another down of football...or he came back at
less than full-strength and played a few very sub par years...

Would he make the NFL Hall of Fame based on career to date?

Erroneous! Erroneous! Erroneous on both accounts! He's a lock!

VinceVaughn_lg.jpg

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

He's mos def a first ballot Hall of Famer. LT needs to go after Eric Dickerson's single season rushing record next.

If LT weren't on the Chargers, San Diego would be the same laughingstock they were the years before LT arrived.

Sad but true.

And LT is definitely in.

First ballot if he already played his last game.

Doubt that he would break that one. I don't think he can get 2.000 in a season. He would have a better shot at breaking Marshall Faulk'stotal yard in a season record.

Back
Top Bottom