Ladies and Gentlemen, Pictures of the XIX's Have Arrived....

I agree with SLAM Ed about integrating the back of the lace cover to the ankle of the shoe in a nicer way. I like the shoe a lot, but that is a very good point.
[/b]
Rocking that 'Lo for life​

wow and i thought the XV's were ugly :x
sick.gif
:x
sick.gif

Yeah, Eyes Cairo, I'm thinking that a red lace cover on a black shoe would be too loud, you know.

At 115 lbs., standing 5'5", this cartoon phenomenon pursues fun, freedom, and the likes of the amazing female, Trixie Cartwright.​

Quote:
these dumb designers has to realize that most people buy jordans to floss in them, NOT to play basket ball so all these stupid lace covers and ugly designs have to STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought jordans were made to play ball in. Design is a progression, many of the old designs you like now prolly werent your favorites back when they came out.

When I was a kid I dont remember the VIII's or IX's selling out, in fact I remember buying them on clearance for $49 bucks each back in th day.

Why design a shoe with aspects, technology and application from 10 years ago? Shoes have to evolve and even though Im a big fan of Retro's it seems to me were stuck in that mindset.

Call me crazy but I wear Jordans to play basketball.
The "K"rew

Quote:
The Air Jordan isn't about making a shoe to "floss" in, or to look good with your throwback jersey and fitted hat- Air Jordans are about creating the best, highest performing basketball shoe on the planet...

One of the BEST things I've EVER heard on NT..

Thanks for the picture,undecided also.
Rest In Peace Andrew....You will be loved...7/22/03

Quote:
Not to bash on you or anything but I remember people were saying the 11's were gay because of the patent leather.

Yeah, it seems as though everyone on this board always forgets that the XIs caught a lot of hate when they were first out. I remember lots of people thought mine were ugly, and they weren't afraid to tell me so. I loved them, and still do -- but a lot of other people did not. A huge affinity for the XIs has since devloped in the shoe community, and a lot of the younger shoe heads came in after it had manifested, so they don't remember what is what like when the XIs were out originally.....

^^^Exactly. That is why I have always sprung for the price. I know I am wearing the Best shoe you can get to ball in. Maybe that's why at almost 30, I have never had a foot, knee, or ankle injury. And I have spent most of my hours on asphalt, not padded gym floors, cutting and jumping HARD. I think that speaks for itself. If you can't ball, yeah, they are probably for flossing. To the guy who asked why they are obsessed with lacecovers: The ideal shoe, ultimately, is a supportive sock with traction and Cushioning. The lacecover minimalizes the shoe and makes it look clean and sleek. As it was stated earlier, the original idea was to have NO laces. I guess hiding them will have to do for now. No doubt Tinker will discover the way to eliminate laces on the XX's. If you must have laces, you can buy the other 800 shoes on the market. No problem.
I agree that tyhe black version of these will be one of the best J's EVER. It MUST be all black though. That will truly show the resemblance to a mamba snake. The cover is representative of the scales, and the stretchy zone that attaches the strap is like the underbelly. If they keep the highlights VERY minimal in red or silver, it will be off the hook.
You can please some of the people, some of the time.

those are pretty ugly... i have to see other angles though. damn thing looks like its taller than it is long. i want to see a lowtop version
CHECK OUT MY SITE WWW.SIXCUSTOMS.COM

I don't know where to start.

When I saw Sappy's CLEAR pictures of MJ's XIX....I really liked them. They looked sleak and also seemed to be a "perfect" basketball shoe if there is one (i.e. garnett 3 :wink:
wink.gif
). The outrigger looked good and the patent was a good touch, however....

In seeing the pic on this post....I hate them. >:
mad.gif

The cover looks nothing like how sleek they did on MJ's feet. They look loose and not securing in any way. The heel is also WAY too thick... :x
sick.gif
I always liked Jordans cause every detail is so perfect and taken into consideration. You can never pick out a portion of the shoe and really degrade it. I think JB lost control on these though and they got away from em. The ankle area looks way too bare and like Russ said they look like a New Retro II...i don't think trapped but just overtaken by a cover...

These also look real cheap. After hearing a guy held these in a size 9...I'm fearing these will be the release version and not what MJ was wearing...which looked 1000 times better and had a whole different look.

If these retail for $150...I can see them for $100 in the outlets in no time. While it seems the majority of NT loves em (i have NO idea why)...this is a shoe that the general public will not understand IMO. There's too much going on for them.

And Russ:

:lol:
laugh.gif

Overall... :x
sick.gif
to this version of the XIX's....I'm still hopin we see what was on Mike's feet.
"Haha, I'm Dirk and I'm wasted"

SUPPORT THE CAUSE, BUY THE GEAR​

well, since everyone's givin their thoughts on the shoe, here's mine:

1) the shoe looks alright although resemblances with the presto footent can't be overlooked.

2) the style? well, let's just say that the AJ19 is one shoe that would look very very good for stylin shoes.

3) as for those who say that they loved how the 19 looked sleek on MJ's feet, and hated it now coz they've seen the actual pics of the shoe, then maybe u shud try it first when it hits the stores then decide.

4) the AJ19 doesn't look like any of the previous AJs except for the sole of the 11. and that's it ok? the resemblances stop there.

5) people dont realize that JB has been doing everything to make the AJs the best performance basketball shoe. they did this by re-using the carbon plate fiber on the 18. who knows what ultra-radical technology they used here?

6) and finally, to each his own taste. some of u think it's whack and some of u think it's the best ever. but everyone has his own opinion alright? so let's not jump on the "i love the 19" or the "i hate the 19" bandwagon!!!! for crying out loud!

Nice :wow:
eek.gif
Someone finally came through. What I see in it.. AJ XI, Nu Retro II, XVII, and XVIII all in one shoe.. Right now.. I dont really have a posative opinion, but as usual they will probably grow on me. I'm just glad to finally see them. Nice.
Blood of a slave, heart of a king.

That shoe is fantastic... and trust me, Nike didn't just go back to the patent leather toe just to pay homage to the XI... they heard everyones complaints about the XVII and XVIII creasing, you won't get that with these... a fantastic shoe, bravo Nike!

XIX.jpg%20

Very true, Rahjelli. Looking at the design of this shoe it doesn't look like it'll crease as easy as the XVIIIs. Which by the way creased horribly on my first wear and i just walked the mall with it. Love the XVIII wht/red but creased too much. Now looking at this angle of the shoe i like the way the shoe accentuates in some areas. Can you guys point out differences from this image and the XIX profile pic? I'm seeing a lil line or something around the heel area that i can't find in the recent XIX pic. Maybe nothing big.

It's there, but the brightness of the white shoe on the white background is washing out some of the little details, but if you look closely you can see it in the pic.

I simply don't think that the most recent picture is the real XIX. I guess it would be a picture of a children's shoe, but the entire shape of the shoe in different. The flap that is on the sole in the picture of the XIX on Jordan's foot, is no where to be found in the profile pic. The shape of the profile pic is exactly like the XI, that is not at all the shape in the other picture. Look at the grey padded area above the strap at the back/top of the ankle, totally different in the two picture. more later...

The more I look at it, you could be right. The pic of Mikes feet, the strap is coming across the upper part of the shoe, not the whole back like the profile pic, also the side jumpman seems to be alot higher on Mikes shoes than the profile pic, there also seems to be more detail in the sole as well on Mikes pic. If they are kids sizes, then Lord have mercy because the adult size is going to look WOW!!

I swear I've looked at the pic like a million times and I'm like..WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY LOOKING AT??? :x
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

the lace covers need to go..

and the back strap I can do without..

get funky with it JB..you got the shape down pact, no need to put that rubber platform heel on it and def. can get creative with the uppers..... |I
tired.gif

[/b]
,$tack

Back
Top Bottom