[::LAKERS (1) vs. THUNDER (4) Series Thread | OKC Wins - Congrats To Thunder Fans::]

The thing with kobe now is... not only does he no longer drive and attack the lane but he also�doesn't�post as much. i'm not comparing him to MJ but since they play the same role and style he should at least learn from the master. If he can no longer be consistent on his midrage game then do some post up moves instead of always settling for those low percentage 3s. MJ perfected his post up moves both high and low and hit his fade away jumpers consistently. later on in his career that was his go to move, he went to the post more than having to do ball on hand ISO plays. This does not only goes for kobe but also to the other superstars in this era... lebron, durant etc.�

here's the perfect illustration... see MJ @ 34 dominate the 97 playoffs. look at where he got it and made his baskets. He made it looked easy...�

Kobe might be 34 age wise...but he has a lot of NBA mileage on his legs.  He has a rediculous amount of playoff experience which translates into almost an additional full season.  People saying he needs to retire are hilarious.  He will play ball until his late 30's.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

Kobe might be 34 age wise...but he has a lot of NBA mileage on his legs.  He has a rediculous amount of playoff experience which translates into almost an additional full season.  People saying he needs to retire are hilarious.  He will play ball until his late 30's.

it's not bout how fast he is or how high his fade aways jumpers now are. It's bout how he takes them and when... He works so hard just to get a shot and when he's tired and gets lazy he statrs shooting those 3s. it would be better for him to master the catch and shot and post moves... that's way easier than to do ISO plays considering he already has decline in terms of his athletic ability. 

I hate to add to the Kobe-MJ dialog but this is pretty harmless. Even though he's more spry after the Germany treatment, he's not as quick or explosive as MJ at the same age by a good margin. In that post about the Sonics' D in MJ in the Finals the first thing that struck me was how decisive and quick he was with his first step and changing directions even at that age. I would say Kobe hasn't been at that level athletically since about 07-08.

Bean was fine last night when he was decisive and made up his mind to take one dribble and pull up from midrange at least when Harden was on him, he was torching him last night in the 4th up to that god awful last few minutes. It just baffles me how time and again that there will be certain instances where he is wide open and instead of just shooting the shot, he waits for the defender to come to him and pump fake/dribble/spin, etc. into a much more difficult shot. I know that he thinks and can make more difficult shots, but damn sometime I just want to throw my remote at the TV, either take the 1st open J or keep the ball moving.

Bean gets 99.9% of the blame last night, but that last .1% goes to Mr. Potato Head for not having any respect and recognizing that he didn't have anything down the stretch and continue to pound the ball into Bynum which OKC had no answer for all night, I think I tweeted it last night, but I thought that the Lakers when into hero-Kobe ball mode too early again and it bit them in the *%* royally and probably cost them this series.

lakers seriously needs a new coach... mike brown has been grinding kobe to the ground since the season started. lakers looks like cleveland with a 34 year old leader instead of a young lebron.

I need to rewatch those plays... but I'm more mad at Kobe for the 2 TOs.

The one to KD changed the game.
The 3 pointer Kobe missed was excusable b/c the shot clock was running down, that fadeaway from the left of the court was annoying tho.
Sessions missing that transition bucket was HUGE too, was a 4 point swing. Everything Sess is doing makes me angry.

Man, this should be 1-1 right now. I don't know if it matters because they're obviously a better team but this is the 1 game we should've won.
No way this is 2-2 on Saturday
30t6p3b.gif

i'm still sad. but i'm not giving up hope. series doesnt start until you win an away game. we had that game won if it wasnt for the stupid mental lapses. too reminiscent of game 1 against dallas tho..hopefully the lakers can pull it together and go forward.

Originally Posted by John Mayer

lmao so mike brown is forcing kobe to be a ball hog?
No. But as the supposed head coach, he should be able to recognize when A. his star player is fatigued and B. be able to adjust and go elsewhere for options that have been working (ie. Bynum), but what do you expect when he's nothing more than a glorified defensive coordinator so Bean is running the offense out there anyway.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Feed your young big man a little more and u guys are tied right now. I can't remember one single play where Kobe drove to the basket all game. Kobe will only hurt the development of which ever direction this laker team heads from here on. You guys should check n see what you can get back for him while he still has value or ya stuck with an arrogant older player who will impact a young bynums game in the next few years
No thanks. If they trade Kobe then they should trade everyone and start all over. Lakers went to Bynum the last 5 min. and he got blocked by Ibaka and  missed some shots near the rim before making a jump hook. He is currently the big man's version of Bryant. Even 40 year old Duncan does not miss those easy shots.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Feed your young big man a little more and u guys are tied right now. I can't remember one single play where Kobe drove to the basket all game. Kobe will only hurt the development of which ever direction this laker team heads from here on. You guys should check n see what you can get back for him while he still has value or ya stuck with an arrogant older player who will impact a young bynums game in the next few years
No thanks. If they trade Kobe then they should trade everyone and start all over. Lakers went to Bynum the last 5 min. and he got blocked by Ibaka and  missed some shots near the rim before making a jump hook. He is currently the big man's version of Bryant. Even 40 year old Duncan does not miss those easy shots.

At least he had a bucket down the stretch. You guys have finally reached that level where u guys aren't getting out the second round Aslong as Okc and the spurs are in the mix. Add the grizzlies and clippers who will both be better next year.so even getting out the first round will be a problem. Also add the Mavs with d12 dayum.

Originally Posted by knightngale

At least he had a bucket down the stretch. You guys have finally reached that level where u guys aren't getting out the second round Aslong as Okc and the spurs are in the mix. Add the grizzlies and clippers who will both be better next year.so even getting out the first round will be a problem. Also add the Mavs with d12 dayum.
The grizz and clippers are not a threat. The Spurs should be out of the picture soon. The thunder and mavs may be the problem but the Lakers will probably be in rebuilding mode so it does not really matter.

Cot damn, man.
laugh.gif

Kobe never drove all game? Oh.
laugh.gif
(So the few drive-and-dish setups I'm remembering are just figmens of my imagination)

Bynum just got blocked by Ibaka every time he tried something inside? Oh.
laugh.gif
(So Ibaka must have had like 17 blocks last night, and the few plays I do remember Bynum scoring around the rim are just figments of my imagination)

Mike Brown is more to blame for Kobe being in the game than Kobe is for performing horribly the last couple minutes? Oh.
laugh.gif
(Like Spo is going to sit Lebron or Wade down the stretch any time soon, or Carlisle is going to sit Dirk. NOT. GOING. TO HAPPEN.)

roll.gif
Wow, this is all I needed to see:

Sessions 0 Assists

Blake 0 Assists

ZERO assists from your point guards? That is flat-out pathetic, what a disgrace.

Originally Posted by mikedamz

The thing with kobe now is... not only does he no longer drive and attack the lane but he also�doesn't�post as much. i'm not comparing him to MJ but since they play the same role and style he should at least learn from the master. If he can no longer be consistent on his midrage game then do some post up moves instead of always settling for those low percentage 3s. MJ perfected his post up moves both high and low and hit his fade away jumpers consistently. later on in his career that was his go to move, he went to the post more than having to do ball on hand ISO plays. This does not only goes for kobe but also to the other superstars in this era... lebron, durant etc.�

here's the perfect illustration... see MJ @ 34 dominate the 97 playoffs. look at where he got it and made his baskets. He made it looked easy...�

OH.

STOP BRINGING UP JORDAN!

Series ain't even over yet, Lakers fans already talking about, "we still got those rings". This is why I hate y'all.

Last nights game was
pimp.gif
though

Ibakas blocks came as help from the weak side. he can't guard Bynum down low and if the lakers play inside out early and give Bynum that confidence this game isn't even close. Also didn't see that pau mid range game working cause Kobe was chucking.

ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
RT @mcten: Kobe is 1-7 in his career after falling down 2-0 in best-of-7 series.

Looks like the one time he came back from an 0-2 deficit was when Fish hit .4 in 2004 and LA came back to win in 6

Stop talking about I wish we still had Fish, if Lakers still had him it would have been a 30pt blowout

Originally Posted by quik1987

Stop talking about I wish we still had Fish, if Lakers still had him it would have been a 30pt blowout
He would have probably hit that shot that Blake missed.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom