[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
whats the point of signing pau for cheap, we are not winning anything in the next two years

use the money and roster spot for someone who might actually contribute to our next title

the suns traded nash and now they are in a better position because of it

celtics traded KG and pierce and they are in a better position because of it

stop living in the past, pau is done its time to move on

What is "cheap" for Pau?

Not sure, I'm looking at salaries now, Humpries makes 12million a year Serge Ibake makes 12 i'd say if Pau took between 6 and 10 million a year i'd consider that cheap. IMO

*PUTS ON SUPER THICK FLAME SUIT*

$6mil. Fine.

Anything over is a no. Especially because of Kobe's contract.

But I doubt he goes that low, I think he's at $9-12mil and that's just a waste.

Not sure I'd go more than 1 year either

Last edited:
I'll try to type slow so people can get it.

It's not that MDA is great, and Pau sucks why we don't want Pau.

People are being called out (by me) because they piss, and moan, and ***** and cry about "MIKE D'ANTONI CANT DEFENSE, HE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS"

and then 8 seconds later

"Ya know, I hope we resign Pau, we could use him"

*typing slowly*

You. Just. Complained. About. Defense.

Yet.

You. Want. To. Keep. Pau. Gasol.

You. Just. Complained. About. Defense.

Again, you yell from the rooftops our coach sucks, he can't coach defense, fire fire fire fire (oh and then you never offer up an upgrade at coach, ya know, because you can't) and then you say let's resign an old guy, who happens to be a HUGE reason our defense sucks.

But you blame the coach.

Pau Gasol been in this league over a decade. Why does Mike D'Antoni need to teach HIM, how to defend? Shouldn't Pau already ******* know?

Do we need to hire an offensive coach to teach Kobe how to score?

Pau Gasol sucks on defense. Blaming Mike for our defensive woes is a scapegoat blanket go-to complaint, because you aren't smart enough to see where the problems actually lie.

So yeah, I'm callin that **** out.

I don't deal with chicken **** "opinions" when you can't for the life of you back them up. Fire the coach!!! (can't replace with better one outside Pop and Phil Jackson. :rolleyes )
Mike can't coach defense, our defense sucks, his fault!!!!! (wants to keep Pau)
I never said sign Pau for a bunch of money, I said sign him cheap!!!!!!! (cuz that's likely)

You guys are picking on me, you're a bunch of meanie heads!!!!!! (finger hovers over the report button)

:rolleyes

When you can actually spot what's goin on, and how to fix it, then I'll listen to you. Til then, you aren't worth the keystrokes.

Pau can still be productive - but for the Lakers who are in transition/rebuilding, that doesn't stop him from being dead weight.

No use on keeping dead weight, even if they have no other options, or if they are blindly testing out other options.

I wouldn't mind Pau on a contract that "didn't hurt." Didn't hurt the cap, the ability to sign other players IF NEEDED, etc. I don't think anyone could throw a tantrum about a contract that "didn't hurt," even if they hated Pau.

But Pau would still need to accept the contract that "didn't hurt," and I don't think he would. Not from the Lakers, who've tossed his name around in so many trade rumors. And that's had a real effect on him, we've all seen him get butthurt every time. The rebuttal is that he loves LA and Kobe, but those factors lose out in the end. Especially when you've got other suitors out there who can offer Pau a chance to be a difference-maker, make him feel wanted, and have a fanbase that hasn't been scapegoating him.

whats the point of signing pau for cheap, we are not winning anything in the next two years

use the money and roster spot for someone who might actually contribute to our next title

the suns traded nash and now they are in a better position because of it

celtics traded KG and pierce and they are in a better position because of it

stop living in the past, pau is done its time to move on

Do mind that people think this core + a pick would be good. I think that is ridiculous enough opinion to be attacked.

If you want Pau to stay for sentimental reasons, because next year could be a down year, I don't agree the Lakers should be spending their money like that - but cool.
But if you want him to stay because you think Pau/Kobe/Nash/pick and some castaways can make some noise, I'm sorry but that's stupid.

Should be noted, if we sign Pau next year for that impossible cheap contract of a few million dollars, and we come out and our defense is atrocious, guess what guys, you no longer get to yell and scream and whine about the coach, cuz YOU got the guy you want, and he's going to be the reason. You're go-to complaint about Mike will taken away from you, and you will need a new focal point to place your blame on.

Thank you.

If Pau is taking between 6-8 on no more than a two year deal then Hell why not keep him

Are you trying to make the Lakers better in the future, or be cool hangin out outside the playoffs the next couple years?

Answer that, and you'll have your answer to this.....

between 6-8 on no more than a two year deal then Hell why not keep him

Should be noted, if we sign Pau next year for that impossible cheap contract of a few million dollars, and we come out and our defense is atrocious, guess what guys, you no longer get to yell and scream and whine about the coach, cuz YOU got the guy you want, and he's going to be the reason. You're go-to complaint about Mike will taken away from you, and you will need a new focal point to place your blame on.

Thank you.

If Pau was like $6 mil on a 1 year and 1 year only, that's fine.

Partly because we could try to trade him 1 more time :rofl:

People need to start getting a clue.

We aren't here to praise former players for their glory. We're here to get MORE glory.

In other words, BUILD this team back up to greatness. Using old washed up players is not how that gets done.

STOP holding on to your teddy bears, it's time to grow the hell up.

We ALL, read again, ALL, love Pau for what he's done. The same way we love Rick Fox, and Robert Horry, and Fish, and AC Green, etc etc. But Pau's time has come to an end.

We need to rebuild the roster. The ENTIRE roster.

We have found a couple scraps this year, and that's a good start, but they are all 22-25-28 years old, with room to grow and low miles on their bodies.

Pau is neither of those things. It's time to let him go.

The same way we let Shaq go when his prime was past, and he was getting closer to breaking down, and getting costlier by the day.

We can't get return for Pau, like we did Shaq, but we can let him go.

We stepped back after Shaq to get where we were in 2008-2011. We need to do it, again.

People need to get that. Stop with the "it's just a few million dollars, we need to keep him, he's done so much, blah blah blah".

Someday we will have a Pau night. Retire the #16, and we will cheer, and clap, and make videos, and he will have his time. We don't need to waste money, and minutes doing that when we are trying to get back to the level he once had us at.

Please understand this.

anyone else feel that teams didn't want to transact with the lakers before the deadline, only so they can overpay pau when he's a FA? :nerd:

CP has to be Nash :rofl:

CP is the only person that could turn a debate about Pau's worth into a defense of Mike D :lol:

I just cant wait for the day that I wake up when Mike D & Pau is gone ....in some ways I'm looking forward to the end of Kobe's stranglehold over this franchise
its time for us to truly move forward and begin anew.

Serious question: Anybody in here follow college coaches/assist coaches?? Someone that maybe can develope into a great coach. Younger yet battle tested that could grow with our next young superstar

if we are talking sentimental reasons, i would rather have this

than fans being mad at pau's crying and lack of effort for another 2 years

Exactly.

I still love Pau and still think he can be productive. But I don't want him on the Lakers.

How does that make sense? Well, the Lakers are probably gonna be mediocre or downright horrible, with or without him. He still has his strengths, but those strengths aren't going to do much to improve the Lakers. And, as usual, the fans and media will barely pay attention to those strengths anyway. Instead, they're going to zero in on his weaknesses, blame them, pick them apart, and call for his trade - like it's been for the past 3 years.

As a fan of Pau, I'd rather he go somewhere else. A good team that needs a skilled big. A good team that can be made even better. A situation where he won't be made the scapegoat, but instead a piece that improves the team. None of that describes the Lakers.

It'll be sad to see him go. But it's time. I'd rather he get the video tribute, than another year of fans souring and *****ing and then Pau retiring somewhere down the line, all his accomplishments forgotten.

STOP holding on to your teddy bears, it's time to grow the hell up.

DAE130D8C.gif

Serious question: Anybody in here follow college coaches/assist coaches?? Someone that maybe can develope into a great coach. Younger yet battle tested that could grow with our next young superstar

NCAA to NBA is a huge challenge.
Coaching for the Lakers even greater.

I don't think it serves any coaches best interest for their first job to be coach of the Lakers, especially in this day and age.

Jeanie called our pick "our new baby" which sounds like we'd keep it. Unless she's the type to drown the baby in the tub.

Also this interview is shameful. Steve Mason is a ******* tool and so are most of the callers.

Jeanie called our pick "our new baby" which sounds like we'd keep it. Unless she's the type to drown the baby in the tub.

Also this interview is shameful. Steve Mason is a ******* tool and so are most of the callers.

Steve mason has been on team tank so I've liked him lately but I agree.

Ill listen to it soon tho.

Steve mason has been on team tank so I've liked him lately but I agree.

Ill listen to it soon tho.

A lot of disrespectful and nonsense questions.

Back
Top Bottom