[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
“I’m not a fan of LeBron. He’s very talented, but he’s not always focused. He doesn’t have the intensity that Kobe has, even Kobe… as much as you know how I feel about Kobe, but you can’t take away his talent and his intensity. He gives you 150% every game and I don’t know that LeBron does. Sometimes I see him (LeBron) on the court and he’s staring into space… then he snaps into it… but it’s consistency for me.”

- Red Auerbach's daughter

Wiggins ain't as bad as this stinker but also not as great as he looked getting buckets against unranked teams full of guys with no NBA aspirations. I also wonder how much having embiid behind him improves his rep on defense. Always gotta be careful of the hype

So uh.

This Wiggins guy is head and shoulders above Jabari huh P? :lol:

He looks horrible out there
:smh:

It would have been nice to see Self adjust to the zone defense and put him in the high post.

Wiggins is still the top prospect. I'm not letting one game change my opinion of him.

Top prospect out of a bunch of kids that aren't that good isn't saying much tho and surely not worth pinning the franchises hopes on, of course y'all ain't giving up on him yet when y'all been the ones hyping him up all year lol.

“I’m not a fan of LeBron. He’s very talented, but he’s not always focused. He doesn’t have the intensity that Kobe has, even Kobe… as much as you know how I feel about Kobe, but you can’t take away his talent and his intensity. He gives you 150% every game and I don’t know that LeBron does. Sometimes I see him (LeBron) on the court and he’s staring into space… then he snaps into it… but it’s consistency for me.”

Lol we talking bout red auerbachs daughter doe :lol:

Lol we talking bout red auerbachs daughter doe
laugh.gif
im going to assume that she`s like amy adams in trouble with the curve 
nerd.gif

If Wiggins falls to us, let him keep falling.

Gonna take years for this kid to pan out, and even then he'll just become DeMar DeRozan.

Remember Shaq winning all those tourney games vs a bunch of white kids?

Me neither.

Remember Paul George dominating the tourney?

Nope

Or how bout Christian Laettner owning the tourney, then dominating the NBA?

:lol:

Wiggins will flourish in the NBA when the shackles come off. College systems do not showcase individual talents. The NBA does.

See Kobe, LeBron, TMac, Vince Carter, George, MJ, Paul Pierce, Durant, Wade, etc etc.

:lol: at everyone watchin their first game so now this draft is weak. :lol:

Tyler Hanborough and JJ Redick were the truth though :rolleyes . KD and James Harden really hurt their development by not going deep in the tourney.

Good point, Durant was absolutely gonna be a bust after his squad died early.

Greg Oden tho.....

#Logic

Everyone just stop...my god....y'all swear you're absolutely sure about what's gonna happen in the future.

NO ONE knows how Wiggins is gonna turn out. Plain n simple. There are countless of factors that determines a young players success.

3 years ago Bron was a player that people said would never be clutch & couldn't hit the 3....

Everyone should kill that noise of being right lol

I didn't let one game change my opinion on him :lol:

I still want him.
Not Tryna overreact.

But it does leave a small bad taste in my mouth seeing him crumble under the bright lights like that. His team needed him to step up badly today and he just looked like a nervous wreck to me.

it's only one game, and he's SO young.
Sky is the limit for him.

But it just shows that none of these kids are perfect and they all have a LOT of work left to do if they wanna carry an nba franchise for 8+ Years.

Like Ska said, nothing's guaranteed.

Dudes be actin like this dudes gonna just walk into an nba locker room and make them an instant finals contender.

Just stop that.
But it's clear he has a great skill set to build on and hopefully we'll land him and have Kobe groom him for 2 years with his footwork and fundamentals.

Last edited:
Ok so college isn't the indicator for future nba talent, so why is there so much certainty when it comes to Wiggins then ?

Is it the high school highlight tapes or just that good ole fashioned gut feeling ?

If dude balled out and won the chip and MVP of the tourney the "I told you so's" would be endless in here :smh:....dudes got outs for days

Who the hell said ANY of them doin anything day 1?????

All the dudes I listed take a year or two to get solid. Not one damn person has said Wiggins is takin over 2014.

The point is he can take over 2016-2024, God willing.

Draft picks aren't 1 year projects, so why would anyone care what they do rookie year? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom