[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
This W was expected however unfortunate it was. Oh nice to have Jordan Hill having a career night leading to a W, thanks Mitch. :rolleyes Anyway, highest we'll be able to climb in odds is 4th, too far behind Orlando, Philly and the Bucks. We can at most afford 2 more wins this season and have them not be against the teams we're directly competing against in the lottery, Sacramento and Utah.

Then just pray Adam Silver throws us a bone for the Angel of $tern robbing us of CP3 giving us a top 3 pick, that hopefully our incompetent front office won't trade away.

2010; people fighting to create individual game threads for each Laker game, 10 pages minimum each.
2014; 2 total posts for a game, after it's done. 0 during. Most fans didn't even realize we played today.

How times have changed :smh:

1. You don't give Love the chance to hit free agency and choose another team like Phil Jackson's Knicks
2. We don't give the TWolves a chance to trade him elsewhere, that could make it very hard for us to get him at that point once his new team restricts him and throws max dollars at him
3. Once we have Love here the chances are very very low that he will leave us. He ain't D12 and once we throw max money at him among other things :wink: I don't think he'll be going anywhere. He will be a hometown hero
4. Lastly having an already young established star on our squad will be better for us in 2015 when free agency will be at it's peak for us. It'll be easier for us to lure another superstar on the team if we already have one here (KLove) instead of trying to do it all in one summer.

I think this may be the easier road traveled. Just my opinion though.

I agree with this. If the rumor is trading it for Love then you have to get him NOW imo .

What if the Bulls trade their 2014 draft picks and Boozer( expiring) to the Wolves for KLove. Noah Love and Drose ?....damn yeah no way he'll leave Chicago with that. That will end that "Love to the Lakers 2015" scenario.

and Like ^^he said having him here will help tremendously in 2015 free agency.

Playing with a proven star will be a better pitch to 2015 FA's than playing with a 20-22 yr old sophomore who might or might not be good

No you stay with the pick. No matter what.

Even if it doesn't work out, you still made the right choice.

You guys don't get that you can't skip over steps anymore. We don't have a prime Kobe that allows us to.

Being short- sighted got us in this mess, it WON'T get us out

Is the goal to get Kevin Love in a Lakers uniform? Or to build a contender again? Because right now those are far from the same thing.

I get KingJaffeJo's point about having Love to lure other players. But there is still the matter of a salary cap - the wall that stops them from building.

All the players in the world could line up wanting to play for the Lakers with Kevin Love, but the Lakers can only take ~$40mil of them (that's after Kobe's done).

The lottery pick would be a (hopefully) solid young talent playing for cheap.

He would also be someone that the Lakers hold the Bird Rights for. ie the player that gets them past the salary cap with an extension.

We literally just saw the Knicks gut their team to get a Free Agent they could've got 3 months later, and now we have guys wanting us to TRADE for Kevin Love instead of putting him next to the pick. :smh:

Why would you give up assets for a guy you can just sign a year from now?

This isn't about trading any 1 player. It's about how the front office works. We have got to change the way we run our business, the old ways we did things won't work under the new CBA. We have to understand that.

If they sell off this pick, it shows they are caught up in their stubborn ways and we will suffer, and suffer big time, like New York Knicks suffer. :smh:

Please Mitch, don't ******* trade this pick. Show me you understand the new way of business in today's NBA. Please.

Is the goal to get Kevin Love in a Lakers uniform? Or to build a contender again? Because right now those are far from the same thing.

I get KingJaffeJo's point about having Love to lure other players. But there is still the matter of a salary cap - the wall that stops them from building.

All the players in the world could line up wanting to play for the Lakers with Kevin Love, but the Lakers can only take ~$40mil of them (that's after Kobe's done).

The lottery pick would be a (hopefully) solid young talent playing for cheap.

He would also be someone that the Lakers hold the Bird Rights for. ie the player that gets them past the salary cap with an extension.

No you stay with the pick. No matter what.

Even if it doesn't work out, you still made the right choice.

You guys don't get that you can't skip over steps anymore. We don't have a prime Kobe that allows us to.

Being short- sighted got us in this mess, it WON'T get us out

2010; people fighting to create individual game threads for each Laker game, 10 pages minimum each.
2014; 2 total posts for a game, after it's done. 0 during. Most fans didn't even realize we played today.

How times have changed :smh:

This whole laker season is like an offseason to me, the games aren't even of interest, just our draft position and the prospects coming up.

The guys that feel trading assets for a player a year from Free Agency, any of you follow how that worked out for Carmelo and the Knicks?????????

That work out good for NY?

Think maybe the Knicks would have been better off keeping Gallo, Mozgov, Chandler, Felton and their draft picks WITH a FA signed Melo, Stat, Shumpert, Chandler (Tyson) and whatever other pieces they brought in??????

You add free agents to your pieces. You don't trade your pieces for free agents. That's called one foot forward, one foot back.

The CBA is really grinding my gears :stoneface: I liked how it was when you were able to throw a bunch of cash at dudes :lol:

Between this CBA and the Chris Paul fiasco, I hate you Dan Gilbert

Thats been the pattern recently

2010 Free Agency
Miami Dwade( established star) - Lebron/Bosh(FA)

Lebron also said NO to playing with a STAR sophomore in Chicago, The Knicks had no "established star" heading into and only got Amare .

Last year
Houston - Harden( established star) - Dwight(FA)

Hell if the Clipps didnt have Blake already there he would just be a 1 year rental for them

We'll probably see CP3 and Dwight together in ATL or Dallas.

As for the salary cap Dwight and Lebron already showed us that pairing up with another star is far more important than $.

This "step" has more potential to be successful than HOPING some kid will turn out great.

We are why there is a new CBA. Trying to level the playing field and take away big market advantages.

We have to adjust. Trading that pick could be crippling, for several years. Pray Mitch understands.

As for the salary cap Dwight and Lebron already showed us that pairing up with another star is far more important than $.
Granted they both made financial sacrifices, they still made just as much money with their new teams than their old teams because Florida and Texas don't have state taxes.

And in LeBron's case, he got a great deal because it was under the previous CBA so he got a lot more back.

The guys that feel trading assets for a player a year from Free Agency, any of you follow how that worked out for Carmelo and the Knicks?????????

Think maybe the Knicks would have been better off keeping Gallo, Mozgov, Chandler, Felton and their draft picks WITH a FA signed Melo, Stat, Shumpert, Chandler (Tyson) and whatever other pieces they brought in??????

You add free agents to your pieces. You don't trade your pieces for free agents. That's called one foot forward, one foot back.

That was their plan B IMO after striking out on Lebron and Dwade.

They got a star and now they tried to surround him with pieces. It worked out great last year idk about this year

Bron/Bosh was PRE CBA, and Olympic teammates who planned the whole thing. And do not, for one second, forget Riley.

Harden had ONE year as a starter man. :lol: And you talkin about Dwight Howard decisions. The guy that put his arm around the coach that had just announced Dwight wanted him fired. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And CP3 like Blake????? Where Blake come from???? Clippers trade for Blake or somethin?

Ahhh, I see.

Listen, if Pat Riley worked in Chicago, with Thibbs as his coach, Bron and Bosh could be in Chi Town with them AND D Rose.
Orrrrr
If the Knicks landed Steph in the draft, Bron be out there too. (He was rumored to love Steph back then) with Bosh and Stat.

Bron chose his buddy + Riley + Miami PRE CBA.

Who do you see Love pulling POST CBA, that puts the NBA in our palms? Russ and his knee/huge contract?
Who else? Durant and his enormous contract?

Love and Durant would be great, how we sign anyone past them without ability to go past cap?????

Last edited:

That was their plan B IMO after striking out on Lebron and Dwade.

They got a star and now they tried to surround him with pieces. It worked out great last year idk about this year

It worked out great last year???????????????????

Really, what they win, one round?

Could they have used those 4 other players + a draft pick to try and beat Miami, perhaps?

Bron/Bosh was PRE CBA, and Olympic teammates who planned the whole thing. And do not, for one second, forget Riley.

Harden had ONE year as a starter man. :lol: And you talkin about Dwight Howard decisions. The guy that put his arm around the coach that had just announced Dwight wanted him fired. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on you know the Harden situation in OKC. I dont think i need to prove to you how good Harden is. :lol:

Dwight wouldve picked playing w/ a one legged Kobe if James wasnt in HOU or maybe play with CP3 somewhere.

As for the Clipps yes the got Blake in the Draft but took them how many years again? Lottery Pick after Lottery Pick...

Laker Fans dont have that patience

Listen, if Pat Riley worked in Chicago, with Thibbs as his coach, Bron and Bosh could be in Chi Town with them.
Orrrrr
If the Knicks landed Steph in the draft, Bron be out there too. (He was rumored to love Steph back then)

Bron chose his buddy + Riley + Miami PRE CBA.

Playing WITH Dwade still had a bigger affect on his decision

Lebron still picked to play w/ the Allstar with one ring.

It worked out great last year???????????????????

Really, what they win, one round?

Could they have used those 4 other players + a draft pick to try and beat Miami, perhaps?

They had a great season . They couldve improved but didnt.

im just saying they panicked after planning for the 2010 FA for years and failing to get LEBRON

They HAD to get Melo thats why they gave in to the demands of the Nuggets.

Now back to finishing ORPHAN BLACK :lol:

Keyword ======== PANICKED!!!!!!!!

Exactly, the Knicks panicked. So pleaseeeeeeeeee tell me why you would want our Lakers to panic trade for an upcoming free agent?????

Play the scenarios.

You can have Kobe and Love + filler.
Or
We let Boston/Chicago/Phoenix trade for Love and we go plan B.
Kobe + Draft pick + LMA + Marc Gasol.

Which route would be better?

Now, if we get lucky and Love says simply "I want to be a free agent, then we can go

Kobe + draft pick + Love +Rondo/M Gasol/LMA (pick one)

Options are there. Plenty of them like what Jaffe wants. Plenty of options.

Trading the pick is thee absolute worst one. No matter the player. Don't matter Wiggins, Bari, Exum, Embiid, Randle, Smart. If we fall to 9, it won't matter what we do anyways. :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom