LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

Dammit. I was freaking thinking about 60 minutes = 1 hour and said 60 blasted pennies = 1 dollar.
laugh.gif

I was going to bring that up, but I decided to let that one slide. I was like $1 dollar = 60 pennies? WTH? Thought it may have been some inside joke Ididn't know about.

At least you caught it yourself before anyone else put you on blast for that one.
laugh.gif

Ok so I looked at my calenday and if he's out for 8 weeks then the date he might come back is the week of 3/10.Which isnt to bad.When he does comeback hewill have a month to play, get ready, and back into game shape for our playoff run.Just need to keep the fort down and continue to play well as team whileBynum is out. Might want to thing about signing CWebb now.Last I heard the Pistons arent interested in him anymore.

Well, it's clear that this isn't going to happen now, mainly because I am too excited about the possibility.

[whiny, pouty kid] And anytime I get too excited about something I want, I don't get it.
frown.gif
[/kid]

But since I've already gotten excited and put some thought int it:
1. Kidd
2. Kobe
3. Odom
4. Vlad Rad
5. Bynum

Depth:
1. D-Fish, Critt
2. Sasha
3/4. Walton, Turiaf, Ariza
5. Mihm

So we'd be weak at the 2 and 5 spots.

D
I
M
!

^ But they said he did not have ligament damage.

I am telling you I don't think he will be out 8 weeks. 6 weeks tops. He has the best medical staff and they will do everything they can for him.

We must put in phone calls to C. webb and PJ brown. PJ can back up kwame and I believe webber can play the 4 so lamar can run the 3 so we can still have thosemismatches that he won't take advantage of because he will miss open lay up. I still can't believe he hurt bynum....damn odumb! TRADE HIM!

If we can make a good deal for us, I'm fine with it, get Kidd. In fact, I hope Odom is the main peice of the deal. But I don't know if we move Farmaror Bynum due to their youth. I know Kidd is great, but for how long. Could we do a Kwame, Odom, 1st rounder type move? Don't know if that's enough,but something along those lines. If we did move Odom and Kwame, we would be praying that Turiaf and Vlad stay healthy and effective all season. But I betVlad would be NICE with Kidd runnin the show.
eek.gif

we're going from top 5 seed to struggling to make playoffs now.

west is stacked........this could really hurt our playoff chances.

On ESPN.com... in the Hollingers Power Rankings, we are number 4.
pimp.gif

But anyways...what i wanted to point out was, there was a comment someone posted about us being number 4... this is what it said:

dmaychen
We had our worst game of the season (vs. Celtics). To be upset and disappointed cuz we lost to the best team in the league says a lot of the big strides we've made from last year and what we've now come to expect from the team.
That made me realize how much we really have improved. This dude speaks the truth.
pimp.gif

After the Boston game, a lot of us fans were just dissapointed, upset, and sad, and it shows how much we expect from our team.
smile.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Oh, and this is what someone commented about the celtics:

golamb
Great job in demolishing the Lakers on Sunday. It always makes me smile to see Kobe throw up desperation shots and not have them fall.
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

frown.gif

tired.gif

Lakers Tid Bits
For all the skepticism surrounding Kobe Bryant, he has been as brilliant as always after calling down the thunder on his own head, averaging a league-leading 30.4 points, 7.6 rebounds and five assists and shooting 50% this season. Of course, by now you could be getting a little tired of the whole subject. LA Times

Lakers insiders -- oops, sorry Kobe -- say Buss called Bryant to assure him he hadn't meant to suggest any change in policy, but that Kobe was less than conciliatory. (Note to Kobe: Yes, stuff gets out in this organization -- as it does in your organization, like your agent Rob Pelinka calling other general managers. This is what we do, at least on our good days.) LA Times

Jordan Farmar didn't win the starting job in training camp; that went to the veteran Fisher. But Farmar has become the first guard off the bench, and he works hard every day to put himself in position to one day be the starter. "I know I can play," said Farmar, 20. "And I'm not afraid of competing with anybody, on another team or on our team. I push Fisher every day, help him get better. Competition is what this country is built on and what I've gotten to this point on, and I thrive by it." Press-Enterprise

"Mitch came and pulled me aside and thought I would be offended or something," Farmar said. "He was like, 'We're still rolling with you. You're still our guy. We just drafted the best player available.' That's their job." Said Kupchak: "His head is shaking 'yes' before I finished my statement. That's Jordan. He knows exactly what you're going to say it before you say it. I gave him a pat on the butt and that was it." Press-Enterprise

man, am I the only one that thinks that if a trade is gonna happen, it should happen some time in the next week? we have 3 days off between games. I have afeeling that if it doesn't happen soon it won't happen at all.

Lamar Odom was given a flagrant foul after appearing to slam his body into Boston guard Ray Allen near the end of Sunday's 110-91 Lakers loss. Two days later, the league issued a suspension, which will cost Odom $120,441 in lost salary. LA Times

"It wasn't my ruling or my judgment, but if that's what the league says, that's what goes," Odom said. "I didn't think it was that excessive. I wasn't trying to hurt him. I was just trying to make a play on the ball. If I would have cheap-shotted him, he would have known I would have cheap-shotted him." LA Times

Just the same, Odom's teammates joked with him during Wednesday's practice. Trevor Ariza even got into a three-point stance, Odom said. "I was a pee-wee legend," Odom said. "I told these guys that at 12-13 years old, I was a monster on the football field, but my football days are behind me. I just watch now." LA Times

Odom said Celtics forward James Posey "came under me" seconds before he hit Allen. Odom added that he wasn't angry about the suspension, and he would take the punishment. "I didn't hurt the guy," Odom said. "Of course, I wouldn't want to lose by 20 at home. [There] was a play before that where I thought Posey came up under me. I didn't try to overreact, but Ray Allen was there, he had the ball, and I wanted to foul him hard." Boston Globe

Odom: "Maybe I fouled him a little bit too hard. If I wanted to [hurt] somebody, I would know how to make a tackle. But that wasn't my intention at all. I just wanted to foul him." Boston Globe
Lamar...just shut up....

Luke Walton went through a few drills to test his sprained right ankle during Sunday's shootaround, but he found it too painful to try to play against the Warriors. "My ankle just gave out on me in practice," said Walton, who wore a stimulant treatment device on his ankle before the game, the first he's missed. "It's not a terrible one. But to be able to play basketball, you've got to be able to cut, fight over screens and jump and explode. I tried to do it at shootaround this morning and I couldn't really do any of that." Press-Enterprise

Phil Jackson said the story that quoted him saying Andrew Bynum's conditioning is a problem is really not "a big issue." Bynum missed Tuesday night's game in Minnesota with food poisoning and played Wednesday night in a weakened condition. Jackson said a player can "de-condition" as the season progresses, which is what pertained to Bynum, who spent four to five hours a day working on his conditioning during the summer. Press-Enterprise http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/lakers/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_lakers_notes_10.32fdd19.html
The injury bug....again!

[h1]Lakers look good inside and out[/h1]
34187672.jpg

Email Picture

Allen J. Schaben / Los Angeles Times

Lakers forward Trevor Ariza eyes a loose ball from the court as he battles Golden State's Kelenna Azubuike in the first quarter.

Sartorially sharp in 1988 throwback jerseys, they are also dominant in the post while beating Warriors for the ninth straight time, 123-113.

By Mike Bresnahan, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
December 10, 2007

It wasn't quite Magic to Worthy, but the Lakers did pretty well for themselves Sunday night.

They threw on throwback jerseys from the 1987-88 season and then tossed aside the Golden State Warriors, 123-113, Sunday at Staples Center.

photoicon.gif
Photo Gallery

Lakers 123, Warriors 113

[table][tr][td]Related Stories[/td] [/tr][tr][td]-[/td] [td]Bynum hears Jackson's wake-up call[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
Andrew Bynum tied a career high with 20 points and Kobe Bryant had 28 points, eight assists and six rebounds while showing no hangover effect from a bruised left shoulder.

Bynum wasn't even a year old when the Lakers won the 1988 NBA championship, but his value is becoming more and more apparent to a team that improved to 12-8 with a third consecutive victory.

"He's playing excellent ball," Bryant said.

The game plan against the small-but-spry Warriors was simple, really.

The Lakers imposed their will by feeding Bynum over and over. He made a career-best nine field goals in 14 attempts and almost doubled his typical shot total. Ronny Turiaf wasn't forgotten either, scoring 10 points in his return after sitting out two games because of a concussion.

Along the way, the Lakers beat the Warriors for a ninth consecutive time and for the 14th time in the teams' last 15 meetings.

Once again, small ball couldn't top tall ball.

"I thought that was one of the keys, to have Andrew and Ronny effectively tag-team with each other out there," Coach Phil Jackson said.

It was interesting to see how the Lakers would play against the surging Warriors, who had been on an 11-2 tear after starting the season 0-6.

Jackson wasn't thrilled with his players at Friday's practice, acknowledging he "upbraided them a little bit" because they didn't arrive with the energy he wanted.

On Sunday, the Lakers were without Luke Walton (sprained ankle), but Trevor Ariza was active at small forward, scoring 11 points and continually getting to the line, making seven of 10 free throws.

There was also that Bryant guy.

As if to underline the point that his shoulder felt fine, he dived into the seats twice in the first half, including a successful foray into the end of the Lakers' bench to save the ball after poking it free from Warriors center Andris Biedrins.

"You've got to do what you've got to do," he said with little more than a shoulder shrug.

The Lakers also shook some life into their Sunday nights, which had been a time of recent mishaps. They were stunned in a lackluster home loss to New Jersey on Nov. 25 and were beaten by a better Orlando team Dec. 2.

Thanks to a better second half, the Lakers were the better team against Golden State.

The first half was whisker-close, the Lakers taking a 60-59 lead as the teams rattled off 10 lead changes. Then the Lakers began to push away from the Warriors with a 32-point third quarter and a 31-point fourth.

Jackson said Kwame Brown could be back by next weekend, which sets up an entertaining thought -- will Bynum keep starting at center?

There's at least one vote for yes.

"I'm having much more fun, actually," Bynum said, "because anything beats riding the pine, you know what I mean?"

The Lakers now have another unusual three-day break between games. They will not practice today, but will return to their training facility Tuesday and Wednesday before playing host to San Antonio on Thursday.

They won't get a push-the-pace, shoot-at-will opponent like Golden State, which took a staggering 33 three-point shots Sunday.

Instead, the Lakers will see the same methodical defense-driven bunch that beat them handily in San Antonio, 107-92, on Nov. 13.

"They're a team that prides themselves on their defense," Bryant said. "It's going to be a real test to see how much we've improved since the last time we played them."

Until then, the Lakers have three days to savor a victory, yet another, against Golden State.

Perhaps Warriors point guard Baron Davis summed it up best.

"They are a big team," he said.

LAKERS REPORT
[h1]Bynum hears Jackson's wake-up call[/h1]
A day after having his fitness questioned by coach, the 20-year-old center equals his career high with 20 points in win over Warriors.

By Mike Bresnahan, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
December 10, 2007

Andrew Bynum had already ditched the stomach flu. He hoped to leave behind a few nondescript games as well.

All he did Sunday was match his career high with 20 points in the Lakers' 123-113 victory over Golden State.
[table][tr][td]Related Stories[/td] [/tr][tr][td]-[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
It was safe to say he was feeling better, mentally and physically, after a herky-jerky sequence in which he averaged 6.7 points over a three-game span, sat out another game because he was ill and, on top of it, heard from Coach Phil Jackson, who on Saturday criticized the 20-year-old center's fitness.

"I just had to give him a little bit of a jolt the other day because he wasn't at practice on time to work with Kareem [Abdul-Jabbar]when he's supposed to work with Kareem," Jackson said.

Jackson was otherwise complimentary Sunday while providing the latest in-depth analysis of Bynum's on-court development.

"One of the things about Andrew is that he's completing at the offense end," Jackson said. "He's dunking, and we want him to keep working on his shot so we have a target to go in to. He's a good passer in there and he sees the court and he's willing to pass the ball, but he's also got to be willing to score out of that position.

"That's a great penetration position. To work on his offensive moves is going to be really important for him to be a threat. He's got a real good touch, he's got nice hands. Those things should start to come together."

Jackson has already made clear his disdain for the league's recent decision to attach microphones to coaches during games.

It looks as if it will be his turn Thursday to be miked up when TNT televises the Lakers' game against San Antonio.

Jackson was watching a TNT game over the weekend in which coaches were interviewed before the start of the second and fourth quarters by sideline reporter Craig Sager.

"I thought they all rolled over," he said. "Craig Sager had an iridescent suit on and no one said, 'You're blinding me.' [Utah Coach] Jerry Sloan had a chance to nail him. His tie was flaming in the camera. You needed sunglasses to talk to him."

TV networks are hoping to interview coaches before they get to their huddles between quarters. Jackson didn't think it would be difficult with him.

"They know I'm never in my huddle," he said, smiling.

Luke Walton sat out Sunday's game after suffering a mild sprain in his right ankle during Friday's practice. Walton tested out the ankle at Sunday morning's shoot-around but couldn't cut or stop to his liking. He said he would play Thursday against San Antonio.

As much as I like Farmar, we have to give him up.
I pray this trade will happen, we will become legit title defenders.
Kidd will make Odom and Bynum 10 times better than they really are

^
He did play against the suns.

I guess Phil activates and deactivates players according to teams they play in regards to matchups.

I say he should deactivate Cook's bum @#%$, and activate Crit.
.:Flowsomuch:.​
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Originally Posted by tupac003

What we know for sure at this point is that Detroit has not ruled out bringing Webber back later this season. The Pistons would still have to shed a salary or two for luxury-tax reasons -- finding a taker for Nazr Mohammed remains at the top of their wish list -- but I'm told that they do remain open to a reunion. That's even though Detroit has begun to give minutes to slender shot-blocker Cheick Samb in its rotation of bigs alongside Rasheed Wallace, Antonio McDyess, Jason Maxiell and tweener Amir Johnson. ESPN.com
Nazr Mohammed is out there...Chris mihm is trash. Maybe we pick him up if possible.

We are going to have to make moves this off season. Kwames 10 mil coming off the books. How much longer is odom under contract? I don't see how he is getting 13 mil.

How about PJ Brown??

BTW.......

4c48004b4d79440804a11a5c6894e704-getty-76075174fm020_bobcats_magic.jpg

I would take pj. Is he out there? LOL and brian and mo. I wish them the best...

If the injury bug hits the Lakers like it's hit my Clippers then chances of yall making the postseason are very very slim. Good luck nonetheless!!

Farmar > Crittendon
Kidd > Odom

Odom isn't going to give us much way in the future because he's inconsistent, and not that good to begin with. All Star?
laugh.gif

Kidd isn't going to give us much way in the future because he's old.

But we could get 3 good years out of Kidd; I'm positive of that. It's not like we're seeing signs of him aging this year; dude is killing it.
And that would be 3 more years than we would get out of Odom.

Now Farmar? We could mold Crittendon, the inferior of the two. And in the 2-3 years we had Kidd and we were molding Critt, we could find another PG.

You can't have both good sides of a deal. You have the advantage on one end (you get Farmar; we keep Critt), but we get the advantage on the other end (wehave Kidd, you have Odom).

Laker fans do you think we have a legit shot at the playoffs this season?? I'm not trying to be pessimistic or anything its just that many teams in thewest are able to compete for those eight spots now
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom