Lamar Odom Fighting for His Life Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel

[quote name="An Armada"]One of the definitions of miracle is "an amazing product or achievement, or an outstanding example of something" and thats the definition I thought of first when I read that comment. If 
anything its a credit to how great these doctors are and the fact that they get up every day to do what they do and what they have dedicated their life to, their work is an amazing product or achievement their work is a miracle by that definition.[/quote]Nah, I get that.

I think there are just some of us who are cringing at the reality of how this is going to play out if Odom comes out of this: that this will be more 'evidence' of god, that Odom will be further proof that god intervenes.

Alright man i've said my piece its whatever. The only other thing I will say is even though we can explain all those things doesn't mean its any less amazing or a "miracle" by the definition I mentioned.
Nah, I get that.

I think there are just some of us who are cringing at the reality of how this is going to play out if Odom comes out of this: that this will be more 'evidence' of god, that Odom will be further proof that god intervenes.
I get what you're saying and this could happen but to be honest I don't care who gets the credit in the minds of society but thats just me. The credit IMO goes to where ever Lamar Odom wants to give credit and the Doctors around him and the people supporting him. But at the same time to me where the credit goes doesn't matter in the big picture. Whats important is that this dude with the help of those around him seems like he has another chance to turn his life around.

Last edited:
Nah, I get that.

why do you care though?

all that would matter is that he gets healthy. 

i hear more God jabber from atheists than i do the religious folks.  seems backwards to me

Nah, I get that.

why do you care though?
all that would matter is that he gets healthy. 

i hear more God jabber from atheists than i do the religious folks.  seems backwards to me

Some Atheists wear their atheism like it's a band tee shirt.

You the type of dude that gets mad when someone says bless you after you sneeze aren't you?

Last edited:

You the type of dude that gets mad when someone says bless you after you sneeze aren't you?
Originally Posted by LIONBLOOD  

I actually do, what's your point? I actually find myself saying "Thank Jesus" sometimes, it's a relic of my former less evolved self.
Alright man its whatever thats not what this thread is about so i'm gonna try to drop it.

[quote name="japejapejape"]i hear more God jabber from atheists than i do the religious folks.  seems backwards to me
[/quote]Because religion is a destructive force.

When you stop looking at it as an innocent, helpful construct and instead realize it for the obstacle it is to society and ciVilization, you'll find it hard to keep quiet as well.

Well maybe not you personally, but I know for a fact that some people can literally know their neighbor's kid is being sexually molested but they keep quiet about it for the sake of peace.

Not everyone has that ability.

I wanna see him back in the league so bad.

Looking back at it, that Lakers team  was
nthat.gif

game was silky smooth 
pimp.gif

Because religion is a destructive force.

When you stop looking at it as an innocent, helpful construct and instead realize it for the obstacle it is to society and ciVilization, you'll find it hard to keep quiet as well.

Well maybe not you personally, but I know for a fact that some people can literally know their neighbor's kid is being sexually molested but they keep quiet about it for the sake of peace.

Not everyone has that ability.
Keep that talk out of this thread man save that for another place

They were showing Shaq's 61 point game on his bday against the Clips when Lamar was a rookie recently. LO was out there running full time point that game. Playing great too.

You almost forget how explosive he was for a 6'10 dude. He was grabbing the board and at the rim in like 3 dribbles.

Ben Simmons got a lot of LO in his game. He's next up really.

[quote name="An Armada"]Alright man its whatever thats not what this thread is about so i'm gonna try to drop it.
[/quote]2nd time you've said that.

Yet, I'm betting that types like jape jape , jchambers jchambers , and bossdonvah bossdonvah won't say anything like "Typical religious people. They try to let something go... but can't."

Atheists speak up, though... THEN annoyances start getting pointed out. :lol:

Whatever you believe, you would have to be an idiot to cancel surgery because the team engaged in prayer before. Anyways, not sure how we got here.

They were showing Shaq's 61 point game on his bday against the Clips when Lamar was a rookie recently. LO was out there running full time point that game. Playing great too.

You almost forget how explosive he was for a 6'10 dude. He was grabbing the board and at the rim in like 3 dribbles.

Ben Simmons got a lot of LO in his game. He's next up really.
when LO went coast to coast it was a thing of beauty 

2nd time you've said that.

Yet, I'm betting that types like @japejapejape, @JChambers, and @BossDonVah won't say anything like "Typical religious people. They try to let something go... but can't."

Atheists speak up, though... THEN annoyances start getting pointed out.
laugh.gif
I actually do say that in real life
laugh.gif
. on my Campus there are these religious nuts that drive me and every one insane they come around with their signs saying we are all going to hell and its annoying I debate with those people on the regular (until we found out they where racist too and told one of my friends he was going to hell because he's black but thats another story
laugh.gif
). And I wasn't the one that said "atheists always do this" My whole thing was about the word "miracle" thats all.

Last edited:
[quote name="seandon23"][quote name="DarthSka"]Because religion is a destructive force.

Not everyone has that ability.[/quote]Keep that talk out of this thread man save that for another place[/quote]Nah.

Someone asked me a question, I answered.

If you would like to keep religious talk out of the thread, though, I'm all for it.

Starting with shutting atheists up isn't going to accomplish that goal, though, pimp. Plenty of religious folks you could hush, my dude. Start with them. Go tell them, "Not here."

:wink:

Whatever you believe, you would have to be an idiot to cancel surgery because the team engaged in prayer before. Anyways, not sure how we got here.
We got hear because someone said its a miracle Lamar is where he is now.

yeah i get annoyed by both sides...wrong card to play.

i say let people believe what they want to believe in i just don't get why you have to shout it out and let everyone know what you believe in.

its a very personal thing i think it should stay that way.

Nah.

Someone asked me a question, I answered.

If you would like to keep religious talk out of the thread, though, I'm all for it.

Starting with shutting atheists up isn't going to accomplish that goal, though, pimp. Plenty of religious folks you could hush, my dude. Start with them. Go tell them, "Not here."

:wink:
I just don't want religious talk to detract from the thread. I don't mind what you're saying bro lol. Just to throw my 2 cents in I don't care what people follow or don't just don't push your beliefs on other people or be ignorant to another persons beliefs and we cool.

hopefully Lamar gets through this and is able to turn his life around for the better. I had an uncle that lost his life to addiction from crack

Last edited:
[quote name="japejapejape"]yeah i get annoyed by both sides...wrong card to play.
i say let people believe what they want to believe in i just don't get why you have to shout it out and let everyone know what you believe in.

its a very personal thing i think it should stay that way.[/quote]Funny thing about that: I haven't said a word about what I believe, yet you questioned my posting, and now you're trying to paint yourself as someone who just lets people cook.

"I let people be... unless it's jibber jabber from atheists. That I question. Everything else, I just stay out of, because it's personal. I'm tolerant like that."

:lol:

lamar wont get through this without our lord and savior jesus christ. so it is on topic. jesus invented the medicine that kept lamar alive. 

Funny thing about that: I haven't said a word about what I believe, yet you questioned my posting, and now you're trying to paint yourself as someone who just lets people cook.

"I let people be... unless it's jibber jabber from atheists. That I question. Everything else, I just stay out of, because it's personal. I'm tolerant like that."

laugh.gif
seent what you did there

but nt isn't real life... i meant in real life.  

Back
Top Bottom