Last week of the NBA season, time to hand out awards. 2011-2012 Lockout MVP, All-NBA, All-Defense.

Post predictions, it's been a wild damn year.

MVP: LeBron James.
Defensive Player of the Year: Tyson Chandler (Now yall believe me
pimp.gif
).
Rookie of the Year: Kyrie Irving
Most Improved: Andrew Bynum
Coach of the Year: Tom Thibadeau (Sp?)
6th Man of the Year: James Harden
Executive of the Year: Elgin Baylor
Sportsmanship Award: Metta World Peace.
All NBA First: Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard
All NBA Second: Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, Carmelo, Dirk, Andrew Bynum
All NBA Third: Rajon Rondo, Wade, Kevin Love, KG, Tyson Chandler
All Defense First: Iman Shumpert, Tony Allen, LeBron James, KG, Tyson Chandler
All Defense Second: Avery Bradley, Andre Iguodala, Taj Gibson, Serge Ibaka, Dwight Howard

It was hard to leave off some dudes for the All-NBA teams, like I don't have Derrick Rose, but guys like Rondo and TP had great years, and Rose missed 1/3 of the games this year. For some reason I had a hard time thinking of All-Defensive players too. I wanted to include Marion too, but there were definitely four forwards who were better defender than him. And if Iman doesn't get at least a Defensive nod, I'll be pissed.
30t6p3b.gif

I agree with pretty much everything you got. But Im fully expecting Melo to be shafted out of an All NBA team like last year. And while I agree Iman should be first team defense. I dont know if anyone outside of JVG in the media really knows how good he is.
O and after today, I dont think the NBA would be able to get away with Ron winning a sportsmanship award. But that one doesnt matter much 

Most Valuable Player: LeBron James
Defensive Player of the Year: Tyson Chandler
Most Improved Player of the Year: Andrew Bynum
Coach of the Year: Greg Popovich
Executive of the Year: R.C. Buford

All NBA First Team: Dwight Howard, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul

All Defense First: Tyson Chandler, Kevin, LeBron James, Andre Iguodala, Tony Allen

I was really considering giving the nod to RC Buford, considering that they got Captain Jack and Diaw to really solidify their roster, but getting Chris Paul doesn't happen everyday. Both guys are deserving.

I gave the nod to Tom Thibs just because he's had his team play absurdly great defense all year, and maintained their league best record with Rose missing a third of the games. The reigning "MVP."

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I was really considering giving the nod to RC Buford, considering that they got Captain Jack and Diaw to really solidify their roster, but getting Chris Paul doesn't happen everyday. Both guys are deserving.
I'm giving the award to Buford for finding a way to dump Richard Jefferson more than anything.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

I'm giving the award to Buford for finding a way to dump Richard Jefferson more than anything.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Welp damn, that's a good reason too...
laugh.gif

Honestly thought about the Knicks too (Iman, Lin, Tyson, Swish).

Most Valuable Player: Lebron James
Defensive Player of the Year: Tyson Chandler (he definitely stepped it up over the last few months and Dwight's injury probably helped him out)

Most Improved Player of the Year: 

Coach of the Year: Tom Thibadeau

Executive of the Year: Larry Bird

All NBA First Team: Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Lebron James, Dwight Howard

All NBA Second Team: Dwyane Wade, Russell Westbrook, Lamarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, Andrew Bynum

All NBA Third Team: Tony Parker, Rajon Rondo, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Marc Gasol

All Defense First Team: Chris Paul (big name, leads the league in steals), Tony Allen, Lebron James, Kevin Garnett, Tyson Chandler

All Defense Second Team: Iman Shumpert, Avery Bradley, Andre Iguodala, Serge Ibaka, Dwight Howard

How many games does a player have to miss to be DQ'ed from the All NBA teams? I wasn't sure on Rose, either. You know the NBA has to put 3-4 big games on the All Defense 1st team. I wouldn't be surprised if they give Dwight 1st team nods over Chandler. I'm giving Executive of the Year to Bird because he filled a void at PF by getting David West, got Barbosa for virtually nothing, traded away their late lottery pick for George Hill and I just overall like the way the team is built. Kinda reminds me of the Grizz in a way.

MVP: should be Chris Paul, I can't stand him but dude made there Clips a playoff team. Durant will probably win it tho.
ROY: Kyrie no doubt
Defensive Player: Ibaka
Most improved: Bynum
Coach: Thibodeaux
6th: Harden

http://wagesofwins.com/2012/04/20/nba-award-races/
[h2]Defensive Player of the Year – LeBron James[/h2]
Oh man did I want to give this to Tyson Chandler but I couldn’t when I ran the numbers. New York does have a better team defense than Miami. That said, both teams have very good defense. When we look at individual defensive stats (rebounds, steals, blocks, personal fouls) LeBron is above average in regards to all of them! Not only that, when we look at opposing small forwards they are shut down to almost nothing! (A fact Mosi Platt (@mia_heat_index) at the Miami Heat Index is fond of rubbing in.) From an individual, team and opposing position level the numbers point to LeBron being a lockdown force. I’ll admit if I had a real vote I’d send it Chandler’s way in part to make up for some of his snubs this season. However, I’d know the truth is that this award is King James’.
[h2]Most Valuable Player – LeBron James[/h2]
Anyone that says the MVP race is between Durant and LeBron is fooling themselves. Bron is above average at all aspects of the game bar one — turnovers. Of course, when we consider an average small forward has an assist to turnover ratio of around 1.4 and LeBron has an assist to turnover ratio of 1.8, it doesn’t seem as bad. Seriously, with his defense and offense this season seems up there with Michael Jordan‘s 1988 season. I sincerely hope that media bias against a great performance doesn’t keep Bron from this accolade.

Defensive Player of the Year: Serge Ibaka
Most Improved: Kevin Love
All NBA First: Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Andrew Bynum
All NBA Second: Rajon Rondo, Monta Ellis, Carmelo, Dirk, Dwight Howard
All NBA Third: Deron Williams, Wade, Paul Pierce, Kevin Love, Tyson Chandler
All Defense First: Iman Shumpert, Tony Allen, LeBron James, Serge Ibaka, Tyson Chandler
All Defense Second: Avery Bradley, Andre Iguodala, Taj Gibson, KG, Dwight Howard

Originally Posted by LARidah23

Neil Olshey... Elgin was fired 4 years ago
nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Neil Olshey (born January 10, 1965) is General Manager & Vice President of Basketball Operations for the Los Angeles ClippersHe was named GM on March 9, 2010 upon the firing of former Clippers GM and Head Coach Mike Dunleavy, Sr.[sup][1][/sup] He joined the Clippers as Director of Player Personnel prior to the start of the 2003–04 season and became an assistant coach prior to the start of the 2004–05 season. Prior to the start of the 2008–09 season, Olshey was elevated to the position of Assistant General Manager.[sup][2][/sup] Olshey has overseen the drafting of such talented players as Blake Griffin as well as the draft day trade to draft promising rookie Eric Bledsoe.

Defensive Player of the Year: LeBron James
Sixth Man of the Year: James Harden
Executive of the Year: Neil Olshey
Sportsmanship Award: Chris Paul & Shane Battier (tie)
J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award: Serge Ibaka

All NBA First Team: Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard
All NBA Second Team: Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, Andrew Bynum
All NBA Third Team: Rajon Rondo, Tony Parker, Josh Smith, Dirk Nowitzki, Marc Gasol

All Defensive First Team: Chris Paul, Tony Allen, LeBron James, Kevin Garnett, Tyson Chandler
All Defensive Second Team: Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Andre Iguodala, Serge Ibaka, Dwight Howard

All Rookie First Team: Kyrie Irving, Ricky Rubio, Isaiah Thomas, Kawhi Leonard, Kenneth Faried
All Rookie Second Team: Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, MarShon Brooks, Klay Thompson, Chandler Parsons

Post predictions, it's been a wild damn year.

Defensive Player of the Year: Tyson Chandler (Now yall believe me
pimp.gif
).
Most Improved: Andrew Bynum
Coach of the Year: Tom Thibadeau (Sp?)
All NBA First: Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard
All NBA Second: Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, Carmelo, Dirk, Andrew Bynum
All NBA Third: Rajon Rondo, Wade, Kevin Love, KG, Tyson Chandler
All Defense First: Iman Shumpert, Tony Allen, LeBron James, KG, Tyson Chandler
All Defense Second: Avery Bradley, Andre Iguodala, Taj Gibson, Serge Ibaka, Dwight Howard

It was hard to leave off some dudes for the All-NBA teams, like I don't have Derrick Rose, but guys like Rondo and TP had great years, and Rose missed 1/3 of the games this year. For some reason I had a hard time thinking of All-Defensive players too. I wanted to include Marion too, but there were definitely four forwards who were better defender than him. And if Iman doesn't get at least a Defensive nod, I'll be pissed.
30t6p3b.gif
sportmanship metta world peace  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ MWP

FYI, the 6 finalists eligible for the NBA Sportsmanship Award are: Chris Paul, Jason Kidd, Shane Battier, Antawn Jamison, Luke Ridnour, Jeremy Lin

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Originally Posted by LARidah23

Neil Olshey... Elgin was fired 4 years ago
nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Neil Olshey (born January 10, 1965) is General Manager & Vice President of Basketball Operations for the Los Angeles ClippersHe was named GM on March 9, 2010 upon the firing of former Clippers GM and Head Coach Mike Dunleavy, Sr.[sup][1][/sup] He joined the Clippers as Director of Player Personnel prior to the start of the 2003–04 season and became an assistant coach prior to the start of the 2004–05 season. Prior to the start of the 2008–09 season, Olshey was elevated to the position of Assistant General Manager.[sup][2][/sup] Olshey has overseen the drafting of such talented players as Blake Griffin as well as the draft day trade to draft promising rookie Eric Bledsoe.

laugh.gif

Baylor spent twenty-two years as GM of the Los Angeles Clippers, being named the NBA Executive of the Year in 2006, before being relieved of his duties shortly before the 2008-09 season began.
Welp.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Defensive Player of the Year: LeBron James
Sixth Man of the Year: James Harden
Executive of the Year: Neil Olshey
Sportsmanship Award: Chris Paul & Shane Battier (tie)
J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award: Serge Ibaka

All NBA First Team: Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard
All NBA Second Team: Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, Andrew Bynum
All NBA Third Team: Rajon Rondo, Tony Parker, Josh Smith, Dirk Nowitzki, Marc Gasol

All Defensive First Team: Chris Paul, Tony Allen, LeBron James, Kevin Garnett, Tyson Chandler
All Defensive Second Team: Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Andre Iguodala, Serge Ibaka, Dwight Howard

All Rookie First Team: Kyrie Irving, Ricky Rubio, Isaiah Thomas, Kawhi Leonard, Kenneth Faried
All Rookie Second Team: Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, MarShon Brooks, Klay Thompson, Chandler Parsons
99% agree.  Avery Bradley should make the defensive 1st team.

Originally Posted by odog24

why isnt kobe getting any love for mvp?????????

Because dudes been wanting him to be done for like the last five years. 
laugh.gif

Another Clutch $#$ season for the Bean, it's a shame he's going to lose the scoring title...Well most likely. 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom