LC AJ XVII low white/Carolina

Thanks for looking, 'cause I'm really curious about these. I got these at the Goodwill a couple years, and just never got around to getting them checked out. Comparing them to my Lightnings and black/metallic, they pass in my eyes. Leather felt right, cut looks right. Tags look good, production date touches the barcode. Metal-tipped laces. The only thing is the outsole. It's definitely not the golf course, that's for sure. I have no idea what to think about it. I've tried Googling pictures of production models and samples, and have still never seen anything like these. Nothing indicates it's a sample or anything neither.

So, if it's fake, then too bad. If it's legit, then can anyone tell me anything about these?

Def looks legit..Can you get a better shot of the size tag for me, it may shed some light..This may be some type of PE for someone possibly or a wear sample or something IDK..Try @Firepower as well. He may be able to elaborate.

Nah, I've got to say I'm stumped bro. Like you I can't see anything wrong with the uppers in terms of materials, shape, tag, laces etc... but I've never seen that sole design on any 17 or even 17.5... samples, PEs or otherwise. Pretty sure I've seen it on some team Jordans before but I couldn't tell you which ones off my head.

Sorry I can't be any more helpful than that but this is a weird one.

@mamaknows

You've definitely inspected them all over? under the insole, deep inside the back of the tongue etc. just to see if there's any other markings or stamps that would give us a clue? 

Like Timmy said, the only thing I can think of (if legit) is some kind of wear test sample... but in that case, they would usually be labeled as such.

Now of course, adding a different outsole to an existing upper is very common with fakes... but those are normally the really obvious ones, an XI with a XIII sole for example... you can spot them a mile off and they're nearly always terrible quality.

The thing with these is, that those uppers look so damn legit. Then on top of that the outsole definitely has a XVII inspired element to it... a design that you could easily see JB rustling up... but would seem like a lot more of an effort for fraudsters to come up with. A sole design that isn't on any other sig Jordan ever released. 

Unfortunately though, I have to say that is what I'm leaning towards... the XVII sole is quite intricate & elaborate in design and I'm thinking that in this case they had trouble finding or replicating the outsole for cheap so they just chucked on this random "Team" one to save costs.

Naturally, I hope I'm wrong and you have something super rare on your hands. Definitely keep hold of them because you never know...

Last edited:
Yeah, the more I look at these it becomes pretty clear they're 100% fake.

Here are legit tags I found on eBay... note the production date number underneath "fabrique" is always 020305 -even on the kid's sizes.

Glaringly obvious and really one of the basics to look for, but easy to overlook at first glance especially when the tag looks so good overall.

Rookie mistake 
mean.gif
 Shame on me lol.

ALWAYS check ALL the numbers are correct on the tags...
Sorry bro... throw them joints away or mark them as fake and return 'em to the Goodwill you found them at.

Last edited:
Damn...Fooled me too.. GOOD CATCH FP...Date touched barcode so I was thinking legit for sure...FP did they sew legit leftover tags in a fake model here or something? Personally I've never seen a fake tag look this good either, especially an older fake..As you've said those were always easy to spot..

OP I'm gonna have to agree with FP here, I missed the tag too man..Sorry.. Honestly the best older fake I've EVER seen.
Being you got them at the GW and probably didn't pay a lot, Hold on to them and see if anything comes up on them in the future.

I'm still hanging on the fence for you too bro..Hahaha..Post pix of them all over and see if anything comes back to you.. As of right now I'm at a crossroads honestly. FP made a very convincing argument..An the lack of a promo tag bugs me here for a WTS or PE.. Please touch back if you find anything else out..I'd like to hear about it..

Also don't forget to rep FP. He did some good HW for you here..It's the small thumbs up on his comment box's.

Sorry for the late reply fellas, been stuck at work all day. Appreciate the kind words, but really it's no probs...always glad to help out my fellow NTers, plus I enjoy a good Air Jordan "mystery" myself lol.

But yeah, sad to say I just can't see any way they can be legit with that sole... yet absolutely zero other indicator of them being samples. 

Like I said before, would of course love for them to be super rare for your sake, but it really doesn't look good. Do keep us updated if anything else definitive comes to light with them though, just in case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom