• Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
nike-lebron-x-crown-jewel.jpg

crown jewel x's don't look like fragile malleable kd 6's, they don't look like shiny hyperfuses either, the finish of the fuse was dope, it didn't crease, and the inside was padded very nicely, such a comfy shoe..

cheap my *** lmao.

on top of that, i can't be riding a hype train if the crown jewels hardly get any talk and i've been liking burgundy/maroon on shoes since day 1 :rofl:

Say what you will and laugh all you want. The X looks cheap to me. The LBJ 8 V1 makes it look like the not so good looking sister. The black/red V1 8 looks really nice and plush while the plastic black/red 10 has the shiny finish of a wet seal. :lol:

Also, Crown Jewel's are hyped just because there are so few of them. If it would've been a GR it would've sat on shelves and went on sale...especially since it was released a week before the Gold Medal 10, which most people wanted since USA won the gold.

Last edited:
Thinking that way personally but Damn them acid lions are fire! Sucker for white and gum soles
If the Acid's are a GR (which most likely are) you'll be able to scoop them up later for way cheaper I bet.... a red shoe with a strap probably won't sit around for too long 
laugh.gif

Say what you will and laugh all you want. The X looks cheap to me. The LBJ 8 V1 makes it look like the not so good looking sister. The black/red V1 8 looks really nice and plush while the plastic black/red 10 has the shiny finish of a wet seal.
laugh.gif

Also, Crown Jewel's are hyped just because there are so few of them. If it would've been a GR it would've sat on shelves and went on sale...especially since it was released a week before the Gold Medal 10, which most people wanted since USA won the gold.

crown jewels were hyped because of that, just like any other shoe, but i'm here to tell you right now that i genuinely love the design and put it over most lebrons.

If the Acid's are a GR (which most likely are) you'll be able to scoop them up later for way cheaper I bet.... a red shoe with a strap probably won't sit around for too long 
laugh.gif

but at the end of the day gg's are an ugly gimmick shoe :lol:

i'd rather make a true red october kd7 id if i was that thirsty, seeing as down the line they'll add a red glow.

It wasn't just the Easters people were crapping on, it was the XI low in general. Dude was right about people crying up and down about the death of the low since the VIII (even tho VIII's were really not that long ago), recycled bottoms, etc. Now we got "instant classic" talk, or "classic instant" as somebody said above, lol!

:lol:

you're joking right?

the reason 8 lows were so praised were because they did colorways right. lows up until reveal of the acids have been trash, including usa's tbh. just recycled colorways that don't make the model look very good except for maybe the gs exclusive entourage lows.

now they're putting effort into colorways,
-prisms
-acids
-chinas

all of these are nicely executed colorways and imo must cops.

Nah, no jokes. In fact don't know what you're responding to. Not even arguing which models/colorways are good or bad, simply pointing out that dudes condemn an entire low model at the outset, when, as you stated, the execution is picking up. Also, VIII lows are nice but overly valued due to, IMO, short-term nostalgia..

Last edited:
While on the subject of discussing various lebron models, I posted this in the "show your lebrons" thread but I figured I could ask this question here.

Why does it seem like samples from later lebron models (VI-XI) go for higher prices than samples of the original models (AZG-V)?  I see Stewie VIs go for 10k+ but lebron II samples/PEs go for 1k-2k.  Is it that these samples are more rare than samples of previous models or do they just command a higher price?  

Would something like a Neon Dunkman II also command a 10k+ price point?

While on the subject of discussing various lebron models, I posted this in the "show your lebrons" thread but I figured I could ask this question here.

Why does it seem like samples from later lebron models (VI-XI) go for higher prices than samples of the original models (AZG-V)?  I see Stewie VIs go for 10k+ but lebron II samples/PEs go for 1k-2k.  Is it that these samples are more rare than samples of previous models or do they just command a higher price?  

Would something like a Neon Dunkman II also command a 10k+ price point?

it's hype lol, most people don't pay attention to older models.

in general bron pe's go for like 2k though. stewies are just an exception.

The Stewies were sick because they look like they were drawn, more of a novelty/concept piece... but no shoe is worth the price of a used Ducati :lol: and I think because the newer samples were born in an era of hype. These days $1000 isn't out of the norm for a shoe that isn't a PE and they capitalize on that.

The Stewies were sick because they look like they were drawn, more of a novelty/concept piece... but no shoe is worth the price of a used Ducati
laugh.gif
and I think because the newer samples were born in an era of hype. These days $1000 isn't out of the norm for a shoe that isn't a PE and they capitalize on that.

tbh the 6 is so ugly that i'm fine with just having stewie on the toe of my future wtl's.

since i'm keeping it real rn i think the stewie concept would look 20x better on a lebron 11.

Why dont they bring out the damn WTL's already. Checking this thread every few days to get any info and nothing. They look sick. Nice pick up.

The Stewies were sick because they look like they were drawn, more of a novelty/concept piece... but no shoe is worth the price of a used Ducati
laugh.gif
and I think because the newer samples were born in an era of hype. These days $1000 isn't out of the norm for a shoe that isn't a PE and they capitalize on that.
Yeah that's true but I see people buying statue of liberty 9s for like 6k and people think nothing of it.  I wish people would pay more attention to the older models because those samples were sickkk.  A few years ago it was the Dunkman IIs that were the holy grail of lebron collectors and now people are worshiping  these outlandish color Brons hahaha

Just got off the phone with Modell's and my order for the SB11s are on back-order pending the result of NIke being able to provide them with more inventory.

Just got off the phone with Modell's and my order for the SB11s are on back-order pending the result of NIke being able to provide them with more inventory.
aka we messed up so i don't think you're getting them..

jk fam i hope they ship

Back
Top Bottom