Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
When people hear the word sweatshops they automatically think negative. What a lot people dont know is that many of the sweatshop workers choose to work there because it offers them a place to sleep and work.. and you can't compare our living costs to their living costs.

on the complete other side, Nike is a business. The main goal of a business is to make the highest profit possible, so why wouldn't they make their products in other countries where there are lower manufacturing costs? I'm assuming many of you haven't taken any kind of college level accounting classes

but this thread isn't about sweatshops or Nike's business decisions..

not tryin to stir up controversy :lol:

Ready to see some new pics of these tho! but im not ready to wait until september/october for them to drop..i keep seeing more pics of the KD 6s so im sure we will see more pics of the 11s soon :nerd:

Well yall Nike consumers are about to see more increases in price. The Chinese are getting more sophisticated and more democratic day by day. Sooner or later there will be strikes and demands for higher wages and better working condition. Actually some of those things have already been established. Nike will either have to find A) Another way to exploit the poor and the working class who work for them or B) Continue to increase price to offset their manufacturing costs.

Well yall Nike consumers are about to see more increases in price. The Chinese are getting more sophisticated and more democratic day by day. Sooner or later there will be strikes and demands for higher wages and better working condition. Actually some of those things have already been established. Nike will either have to find A) Another way to exploit the poor and the working class who work for them or B) Continue to increase price to offset their manufacturing costs.
lmao unfortunately you are correct even though morally its wrong what they do to the poor, everybody has to hustle one way or another. if they raise the prices people still going to line up to get the newest j's, lebrons, etc. at the end of the day Nike wins
mean.gif

I haven't seen Xs lower than 150 anywhere and that's a $30 drop, but then again they could get lower as time passes but I wouldn't get a sz 12 by then lol

The XI's seem like great performers, and look durable as hell (just judging from pics) but I'm most likely looking at getting just one colorway thru gift card/on sale (like what I did with the X's). The price increases, coupled with more responsibilities has limited my lebron/shoe purchases unfortunately, but I'm content with that. Put me in the "phased out of the market" camp lol.

Does anyone here actually research or take business classes and understand International Business?  Nike doesnt have factories in only Asia.. and while they have 100s in Asia.. if Nike decided one day to remvoe them all and go to another country.. Asia would take quite an economic hit. It would also cause some serious world affairs issues.

Next Nike isnt the only company in Asia producing and manufacturing.  The fact that folks like to focus on Nike when many others do it and saying its a moral is makes me laugh.  Most of the worlds electronics are in said "sweatshops" or run by robotic factories with far less workers.

If you knew anything about Nike's practices.. while yes... at one time they weren't as good as they are now.. they are much better than many others in Asia and other factories around the world.  When spreading "news" the least you can do is provided updated new WORTHY information and not the old well known stuff.

People love to speak on the negative but never update it with the positive.  Nike actually offers education to many factory workers now. 

Also... dont feel TOO bad.. those same workers are the ones making pretty good coin producing the fake kicks you see on the 100s of Asian sites. 

If taking advantage of someone is MAKING them buy $200 dollar shoes OR providing jobs where you wouldnt otherwise have one...  Some of us need more education..

I didnt realize Footlocker Champs and the mom and pop shops were equipping their sales folks with Glocks now sending folks to the register under duress.

^ Rock that was quite enlightening and comical. Do we have any insight as to what type of cushioning system is going actually be in the XI's?

Pictures on that first page make these look horrible. I'll have to wait to see them in person. Really let-down by these off first impression though.

People be defending nike like they paying them.

Maybe so………but I actually think it takes more guts to defend Nike than to criticize it -- at least on NT. As soon as someone speaks in the company’s favour, they get slapped with the label of “sheep.”

Sometimes I think the name of this site should be Anti-Nike Talk. Don’t get me wrong, Nike definitely isn’t above criticism, and we shouldn’t be here just to be cheerleaders. They’ve done plenty of things to annoy me. But overall, I have fairly positive feelings for a company that has cranked out so much great product over the years. If I had as many problems with them as some on here seem to, I just wouldn’t buy their stuff.

You can put me down for two or three pairs of the XI. Reminds me of:

If its the truth, and someone is giving misleding info whats the problem?

@Rock........... I thought there was supposed to be a 360 zoom max air bag in these?

If its the truth, and someone is giving misleding info whats the problem?

@Rock........... I thought there was supposed to be a 360 zoom max air bag in these?
Supposed to be.  Remember they keep changing from the OG sample... But as I mentioned before The NSW ones posted wont be the only NSW version...

I still think early samples looked better but Im an initial concept fan of most kicks.
People be defending nike like they paying them.
Bruh if educating bad info is defending.. more of us should be so lucky.

Trust me.. when they are F-ing up.. I speak on it. 

Does anyone here actually research or take business classes and understand International Business?  Nike doesnt have factories in only Asia.. and while they have 100s in Asia.. if Nike decided one day to remvoe them all and go to another country.. Asia would take quite an economic hit. It would also cause some serious world affairs issues.

Next Nike isnt the only company in Asia producing and manufacturing.  The fact that folks like to focus on Nike when many others do it and saying its a moral is makes me laugh.  Most of the worlds electronics are in said "sweatshops" or run by robotic factories with far less workers.

If you knew anything about Nike's practices.. while yes... at one time they weren't as good as they are now.. they are much better than many others in Asia and other factories around the world.  When spreading "news" the least you can do is provided updated new WORTHY information and not the old well known stuff.

People love to speak on the negative but never update it with the positive.  Nike actually offers education to many factory workers now. 

Also... dont feel TOO bad.. those same workers are the ones making pretty good coin producing the fake kicks you see on the 100s of Asian sites. 

If taking advantage of someone is MAKING them buy $200 dollar shoes OR providing jobs where you wouldnt otherwise have one...  Some of us need more education..

I didnt realize Footlocker Champs and the mom and pop shops were equipping their sales folks with Glocks now sending folks to the register under duress.

:lol: Way to generalize bro. You know Nike main production is in China. It's their bread and butter.
It's actually Nike who will lose if they leave Asia. China already have thousand of different foreign manufacturing. Almost everything you see in a department store and shopping mall is made in China bro. They don't need Nike.

And less than 1% of those worker are producing fakes.

Y'all act like the 9s weren't on point
and I'll keep acting that way. Things were stiff garbage with the upper made of half plastic and half Velcro (the prickly half). And don't get me started on the "elite" 9's, they were worse. Had some cool colorways but you can only polish **** so much before you realize it still stinks

Back
Top Bottom