• Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Ok where do I start.....

NT and other forum/boards dictate what's hot in the streets from a sneakerhead standpoint.....
LMAO. 

I'm not going to argue with you about something as silly as estimated sneaker hype.

But NT dictates whats hot in the streets? cmon dawg, that's ridiculous.

I'm not talking about sales numbers, as we all know there are many more variables that contribute to that than just "this shoe is hotter than the last."

Availability is much better this year with the XI's than it was last year, meaning nobody should strike out unless they just don't have the funds.

We're not talking about Crown Jewels or MVPs.

People we're scared leading up to the KPs and MNs too, and I was saying the same exact thing.

LMAO. 

I'm not going to argue with you about something as silly as estimated sneaker hype.

But NT dictates whats hot in the streets? cmon dawg, that's ridiculous.

I'm not talking about sales numbers, as we all know there are many more variables that contribute to that than just "this shoe is hotter than the last."

Availability is much better this year with the XI's than it was last year, meaning nobody should strike out unless they just don't have the funds.

We're not talking about Crown Jewels or MVPs.

People we're scared leading up to the KPs and MNs too, and I was saying the same exact thing.
Not an argument homie, just a conversation/debate on a sneaker forum/message board
wink.gif

I said NT as well as other message boards (I like how you left that out) have a major effect on whats hot in the streets, how else do we all learn about what's releasing? What's limited or what's gonna have a lot of demand based on predetermined opinions based off early pics etc etc etc
eyes.gif
unless you in the streets where cats running up on you with pics on a sheet of paper of the next hot shoe that's gonna drop months from now
laugh.gif

To say sneaker forums or message boards don't effect demand online or in the streets is ridiculous
mean.gif

Sales are sales at the end of the day, twist it however you want, in my area on the STREETS the XI's are moving a lot faster than the X's did but I can't speak for every where and I never tried, the X's came out the gate with straight limited stuff which increased hype so they sold of course but the XI model has had predominantly general release stuff and its selling out in most spots and online and that's pretty much a fact.....

It's my opinion that the XI looks better than the X just like yours is the opposite, its all good with me 
nthat.gif

them allstars are wack only colorway that catches my eye out of these are the carbon fibers everything else is terrible and recycled imo like you can make way better colorways on nike id

them allstars are wack only colorway that catches my eye out of these are the carbon fibers everything else is terrible and recycled imo like you can make way better colorways on nike id

Carbon fibers are recycled too.

@barbarianbob my point was that sneaker forums don't dictate anything.

People come here to get info about whatever shoe they're interested in and keep it moving.

I for one have no use in knowing how much of a GR something is, my typical spots are either gonna have it or not.

I haven't even stepped foot into the threads dedicated to most of the shoes I bought this year.

9/10 the first time I see photos of a shoe I'm interested in it's on IG, not sneakernews or NT.

Most people I know that are into shoes have no interest in being a part of this NT community, I think you're overestimating the power of these sites.

But all of this is beside the original point, which is there is no reason to worry about the BHMs or the ASGs

He's right they should be relatively easy cops. I got worried about the Miami Nights and copped early of kicks crew, now I love the shoe but the extra 70 or 80 bucks wasn't worth it and it was an easy cop when they dropped.

Now maybe ASG will be more limited but I still don't think they'll be hard to get

The only reason I feel like most are worried (and I'm including myself) is because there is absolutely no release information right now.  I understand that we may get that info within the next minute, the next hour, tomorrow or next week....but most of us, from the beginning of pics surfacing, really want the shoes TO WEAR.  The more time that goes by with no info....causes this thread to hash out different speculations thus creating hype....and you slowly start seeing the reselling lurkers pop in the thread to figure out whether there is a dollar to be made in here. (Ya, I've seen your "excited" post with your multi size For Sale signature 
laugh.gif
)

We have to think back and remember that starting with the KP and ending with the MN....we kept getting a vague "limited" description with each upcoming release, but we were able to quickly see through that with the number of stores/sites that were getting the shoe. 

@barbarianbob my point was that sneaker forums don't dictate anything.

People come here to get info about whatever shoe they're interested in and keep it moving.

I for one have no use in knowing how much of a GR something is, my typical spots are either gonna have it or not.

I haven't even stepped foot into the threads dedicated to most of the shoes I bought this year.

9/10 the first time I see photos of a shoe I'm interested in it's on IG, not sneakernews or NT.

Most people I know that are into shoes have no interest in being a part of this NT community, I think you're overestimating the power of these sites.

But all of this is beside the original point, which is there is no reason to worry about the BHMs or the ASGs
I may have been a little loose with the word dictate I agree
laugh.gif
......also unless the BHM's or ASG's are online only releases or TLO's they shouldn't be too hard to get, well maybe not the BHM's but I'm sure the ASG's will go pretty quick
eyes.gif
.....your right I may be giving this place and other a like too much credit but can you blame me, this place is great
nthat.gif
.....and as far as being worried about missing out on stuff I can't speak for those guys, they're probably just scared from striking out on previous releases of stuff they really wanted and really like these and a scared of it happening again but I think we've all felt like that before at one point
laugh.gif

Last edited:
A lot of people don't like last years ASG? Man I love that shoe.

I want the XI too, dope shoe
man im getting ready to rock those until the XI's drop.......heard from an NT'er or here that the X were all over Houston during the all star weekend, not sitting in stores but being rocked!

Last edited:
Not feeling that honeycomb, it's a bit too much. Maybe if it was a more subtle and didn't stand out as much..

Last edited:
man im getting ready to rock those until the XI's drop.......heard from an NT'er or here that the X were all over Houston during the all star weekend, not sitting in stores but being rocked!

good its a dope shoe I love it

that was a really dope pack

I don't remember JM having anything to say about the FIs until after they released

And even then he just he heard there were way less forging irons than the number Matt Powell reported.

I honestly don't remember what I said and when I said it in regards to the FI, the facts are the Men's FI colorway was far, far, far less than 25,000...info came from a source that would know the truth...

Resell prices and production numbers and quickness to sell out are not as connected as everyone would like to think...there are super limited releases that go on clearance and styles produced in the hundreds of thousands that go for 2,3, 5x retail...

There isn't a formula for resell prices...

JM

Last edited:
Wussup with my man not wearing the shoes during the game? How do people buy a shoe he isn't wearing? I'm confused

What are those silver pair he is wearing now against Knicks looks like a red strap on them.
Are they even xi's?
Definitely not Xi's, just rewinded a close up. Not sure what it is, i'm not familiar with any other Lebron line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom