• Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Old heads will never let anything surpass Jordan's no matter what it is. LOL
The NBA season hasn't began this year yet. But if lebron plays amazingly and wins another championship them maybe these will be more iconic than the jordan XIs but we have to see what lebron will do in these shoes before we can say which shoe will be more iconic than the other down the line

Last edited:
The NBA season hasn't began this year yet. But if lebron plays amazingly and wins another championship them maybe these will be more iconic than the jordan XIs but we have to see what lebron will do in these shoes before we can say which shoe will be more iconic than the other down the line

let me start by saying i like the lebron line a lot including the 11 and elites. now thats out of the way...jordan and the bulls could have won 20 games the year the 11 came out and it wouldnt make a difference. the jordan xi was one of the most groundbreaking shoes of all time...not to mention simply gorgeous in all og colorways and a couple retro. ive never liked a shoe more because an athlete did something great in them. if it looks good it looks good.

let me start by saying i like the lebron line a lot including the 11 and elites. now thats out of the way...jordan and the bulls could have won 20 games the year the 11 came out and it wouldnt make a difference. the jordan xi was one of the most groundbreaking shoes of all time...not to mention simply gorgeous in all og colorways and a couple retro. ive never liked a shoe more because an athlete did something great in them. if it looks good it looks good.
That's why at the end I said which will be more iconic in the future I like the AJ XI more than the lebron XI but I'm saying will lebrons 11th shoe in his line hold the same iconic views as the AJ XI after he retires

Last edited:
Old heads will never let anything surpass Jordan's no matter what it is. LOL

MJ will always reign supreme to these cats honestly these don't look better but they are really nice

Uncharted Drake is right tho never compare any athlete to Jordan our you'll get crucified

Lebron is gonna be the NBA's biggest star this season no matter what. Winning a chip isn't gonna affect how these shoes are regarded later on, just whether we see another championship pack or not.

The 11s aren't iconic because of what mj did in them as much as they are for the patent leather. People went nuts back in the day for patent, this new posite material isn't going to have the world going as crazy now as patent did back then.

I do however like the direction they are going in with this shoe cuz i hate 360 max air in a bball shoe.The 9s were great and these are lining up to be like that.

IMO the jordan XI being iconic doesnt have as much to do with the iconic status of the shoe as people think.

does it have something to do with the success of the shoe? sure! but so does the previous models of the AJ

the shoe is a masterpiece, accepted by "sneakerheads" and casual fans alike. it has a bball appeal and a mass causal appeal.

this shoe just doesnt have that. period

so regardless of LBJs success, i dont see this shoe passing the XI

winning a championship will increase marketing and visibility, but it wont be the deciding factor between the shoe being iconic or just another good shoe.

as far as LBJ as a player passing MJ as the GOAT, i am one of those "old school" guys but i could possibly see it happening. LBJ is the 2nd best player i have ever seen IMO

but i dont want to turn this into a sports thread

Last edited:
Lol i dont get the hate for the elite series the shoes are usually better performers and even look good

The price is always too much but i never buy at retail and most of you guys dont either
I'll admit that the Elites are slightly better performers, and if it was like a $15-20 difference in retail, sure why not. But $60-70 better? Nah...Elites are just an excuse for Nike to significantly mark up retail prices with tech that they probably could've just put in the regular version of the shoe. It's a great marketing move by Nike since some people are clearly still willing to buy, but I'd much rather they make one really great model instead of doing this Elite mark up BS.

Last edited:
Somebody in LeBron's crew supposedly said at the commercial shoot that the Armory Slate colorway was in fact the "Iron Man" themed pair based off War Machine/Iron Patriot, and was going to be a QuickStrike, saw a few "insiders" say similar this weekend on twitter, but tweets were deleted quickly...so could be I guess. 

Yeah same guy said jades were a china only release and limited

Crown Jewel pics did not show up until a few days b4 release and were never available on marquee sole. Which means I don't thk we hv seen the 1st rel yet

IMO the jordan XI being iconic doesnt have as much to do with the iconic status of the shoe as people think.

does it have something to do with the success of the shoe? sure! but so does the previous models of the AJ

the shoe is a masterpiece, accepted by "sneakerheads" and casual fans alike. it has a bball appeal and a mass causal appeal.

this shoe just doesnt have that. period

so regardless of LBJs success, i dont see this shoe passing the XI

winning a championship will increase marketing and visibility, but it wont be the deciding factor between the shoe being iconic or just another good shoe.

as far as LBJ as a player passing MJ as the GOAT, i am one of those "old school" guys but i could possibly see it happening. LBJ is the 2nd best player i have ever seen IMO

but i dont want to turn this into a sports thread
The sneaker hasn't released yet how can you say it's not accepted by "heads" and casual fans alike? Everybody is quick to jump the gun these days, when only time will tell if an object will be classic/timeless.

The sneaker hasn't released yet how can you say it's not accepted by "heads" and casual fans alike? Everybody is quick to jump the gun these days, when only time will tell if an object will be classic/timeless.
For the first time I agree with this guy- It is so easy to compare the two because of who they are,

but brons' career is far from over

line is not yet over, and the 11's have'nt even launched yet. Can't just compare them to classics off the jump

my view expressed was strictly IMO. my bad, i should have said that.

IMO, this shoe has no casual appeal whatsoever.

IMO

not to say that its an ugly shoe

I could have sworn the Jordan 11s sat when they first came out. It wasnt until they were retro'd that the hype for them went crazy.

I could have sworn the Jordan 11s sat when they first came out. It wasnt until they were retro'd that the hype for them went crazy.

We both know that's a very very ridiculous argument. Nothing sits these days. Poka dot foams will sell out in minutes.

Lol i dont get the hate for the elite series the shoes are usually better performers and even look good

The price is always too much but i never buy at retail and most of you guys dont either
I'll admit that the Elites are slightly better performers, and if it was like a $15-20 difference in retail, sure why not. But $60-70 better? Nah...Elites are just an excuse for Nike to significantly mark up retail prices with tech that they probably could've just put in the regular version of the shoe. It's a great marketing move by Nike since some people are clearly still willing to buy, but I'd much rather they make one really great model instead of doing this Elite mark up BS.

Yea i get you, only reason i feel its that way cause, they have the tech available but they wait on the feedback from the player and make changes accordingly, cause its not like we know the specs for te elite models till a couple months before the playoffs

Honestly tho i feel the only ones who can complain are those who cop at retail

We both know that's a very very ridiculous argument. Nothing sits these days. Poka dot foams will sell out in minutes.

Agreed with your statement, however I think he was saying that the 11's were no where revered as people think when they released. The love for the patent leather they get now was actually the opposite when they dropped.

^ but the shoe game is nothing like it was now. You think the Denims, Corks, or SB's would of sold out if they had the same number produced as the 11's in the 90's? Everything sat back then. Your grains probably went on sale in the mid 90's

Back
Top Bottom