• Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I feel exts will fail on this pair or they wont even be any
I would be fine with no EXT's this year, all were a hyped up distraction if you ask me (even though I did like the Corks due to their meaning). 

Basketball shoes made with materials that can't be used for playing basketball.
mean.gif

^^

That was the whole purpose of them Einstein. They were supposed to be a lifestyle shoe meant for off-court wear.

Sounds like somebody was bitter they couldn't cop the EXT line

^^
That was the whole purpose of them Einstein. They were supposed to be a lifestyle shoe meant for off-court wear.

Don't think that was necessary. But to his point people wear basketball shoes without material not designed for basketball. So why make some and then charge a premium? That's just greedy..

^^

Didn't even attempt any of the 4 EXT releases.  For ME I'm not spending $250 on a "lifestyle" shoe, I PERSONALLY have no interest in casual shoes made out of denim or cork.  I'm after shoes that perform on the basketball court, not the food court.  

Not sure how I'd feel about an EXT model with the XIs. The big part of the appeal of these to me is that they're a tough looking but lightweight shoe with posite material that'll probably be tanks on the court and will last a long time. I feel like seeing materials like suede, cork, or denim on them would just completely take away from that. I was a big fan of the Corks with the Xs (1 of 2 pairs of Xs I own period), but posite uppers just fit better to me for these. I'll still wait and see what they come up with though, but I've been all in on the regular version from the start.

Last edited:
I would love to see a Kentucky home (white upper, blue armor), a pewter, an all gold with hints of red, and a tiger camo (like the hyperposite) colorway. Doubt any of those will happen, but they are cool ideas.

Last edited:
Whoa they look great with jeans! I really really hope I don't need to jump through all kinds of hoops to buy a pair. I don't have a robot that buys shoes or twitters so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed its somewhat available to normal people.

Honestly those are really beautiful glad to know you copped early without any problems, aesthetically only part im really not feeling is the ugly *** heel

DW if you are still messing with this thread, im pretty sure you had alot of time to play in them by now so if you can please let me know any problems with the shoe's performance

Both the KOTJ and the Heats are MUST cops so far. Hopefully we get some more color ways leaking soon.

Honestly those are really beautiful glad to know you copped early without any problems, aesthetically only part im really not feeling is the ugly *** heel

DW if you are still messing with this thread, im pretty sure you had alot of time to play in them by now so if you can please let me know any problems with the shoe's performance
Been playing in them now about 2 and half weeks (I play about 3-4 times a week) and no complaints, the XI is a Beast on court.  I will say that sometimes I miss the "softness" of the insole and zoom air bag of the X and X elite, as I felt like I could play for hours in them without my feet feeling anything at all, they had that "air max" bounce to them.  These are just a tad "different" in that regard.  The performance advantage of the XI comes at a small price (very small) in terms of comfort, as after about an hour and a half of in game play I feel a bit "flat footed," just not as "springy" as with X and X elite, but that could also be because I have a very narrow and high arching foot.  The traction benefits of the XI largely outweigh any of that minor stuff.  Also the responsiveness and the ability to articulate through the midfoot due to the mesh siding of the XI's is uncanny.  The X and X elite are very stiff and non-giving through the midfoot and throughout the upper, these are sturdy yet allow a lot of movement in the upper when changing direction.  We all saw some of the shots last year of LeBron and Ty Lawson wearing X's and it looked like the shoe was twisting in half on a change of direction move, the XI shouldn't do that.  The XI seem like they are made to respond and react to movement throughout the shoe, which the mesh sidings on the upper may be brilliant, time will tell.   I will say that when I threw these on for the first time for a game there were a lot of weird looks, but I play with a bunch of former college players now in our late 20's early 30's, who aren't really big "sneaker" guys. 

Dw thanks for that performance review, repped
No problem, glad to help. 
DW how was the weight?
Weight is great, but something to get used to.  For me I never had a problem with the weight of the LeBron line that others thought were "heavy," exception of maybe the 4's, which felt heavier and bulkier than they actually were due to the design (still my favorite LeBron shoe)  To me that weight gave me a feeling of "support," kind of "knowing they are there," type of feeling.  These are extremely light, it took some getting used to because I played all summer in the X PS Elites and they have some weight to them.  I wouldn't say I miss the weight of the X's, but I also wouldn't say I prefer the lightweight aspect of the XI's, I guess I am indifferent on it.  Like I said I always felt LeBrons were roughly in the middle of the pack as far as weight goes, and it never bothered me.  Probably best explanation would be saying it feels like driving a truck now that you've detached the trailer!  An unexpected quickness without the weight.  I still need to place them on a detailed scale to see what they tip at. 

G, that does not prove anything. If you ask me 66-16 with a lineup such as Big Z, Ben Wallace, LJ, Delonte, and Mo Will is more impressive than the 96 Bulls regular season. By your deductive reasoning LJ7 would be better than AJ11 . Jordan Heads too biased, this is a stupid conversation.
Oh goodness... go to sleep.

DW great insight. I've steered from Lebrons cause of how heavy they are to me from a guards perspective. They said they're the lightest Lebrons ever, if you ever balled in the zoom generation or lebron 2's how do you think it compares to those?

Honestly i feel the same way bout the kobe 8s usually after playing for hours the lunarlon doesnt feel responsive at all, but hopefully thats a good sign if the shoe is bending while changing direction finally some guard traits in the shoe

DW great insight. I've steered from Lebrons cause of how heavy they are to me from a guards perspective. They said they're the lightest Lebrons ever, if you ever balled in the zoom generation or lebron 2's how do you think it compares to those?
Funny you bring up the II's, I was telling one of my friends that the zoom insole reminds me most of the II's in terms of feel.  The zoom generations are the one LeBron shoe I've never owned so I can't comment on those, but I did hoop in the II's quite a bit.  The XI's are obviously much more advanced than the II's in terms of tech and I would say in terms of comfortabiliy, and I would say significantly lighter.  Definitely the lightest LeBron shoe so far (not including soldiers of course).  XI's I am willing to say also have the best traction out of the LeBron line so far, or maybe tied with the 8's. 

Last edited:
I'm really interested to see what LeBron does in the XI, and what everyone else who buys them to hoop in thinks of them on court.  I feel like the traction and weight combined with the responsiveness might make this the most "explosive" LeBron shoe we have seen. 

Back
Top Bottom