Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
As much as I hate to say it...those days are gone to never return. There have always been limited or hard to obtain shoes. In the 90's you didn't have thousands of stores online at your fingertips either. Your local stores sold out of what you wanted cuz you didn't know it was coming out and it's not like you were traveling out of state or more than 20 miles to catch them. You prolly just took the L and moved on. The whole thing is different now. Enjoy the easy ones nowadays. This was one of em.

Your right about that those days are long past us a lil wishful thinking on my part. The flood of everyone trying to make a buck didn't help at all. I must agree with you gotta take this release and enjoy what it came with.
Gotta take the L and move with it.

I was talking to my boy the other day about how the game used to be. How if by the time you got up to the register and they didn't have your size, you just took your L, turned around and took ur *** home. Not like these dudes now who grab whatever size they got left just to flip or "size swap". Wasn't any of that type ****** back in the day...

Last edited:
I was talking to my boy the other day about how the game used to be. How if by the time you got up to the register and they didn't have your size, you just took your L, turned around and took ur *** home. Not like these dudes now who grab whatever size they got left just to flip or "size swap". Wasn't any of that type ****** back in the day...

Word.
Just took that chance waiting on a line. Now some cats figure f it I'm gonna be a hustler now and cop kids size n sell or you got some cats figure I can trade kicks like I pokeman cards. Sad story n when it started to get out of hand big time.

Real Talk! I've never done this. Granted I don't miss out on much. But if my size ain't available..... I bounce! Perfect example was the BHM Hyperposite release down here. Shoe was a straight PE so all they had was size 11 on up. First two in line copped the 11s.... When dude got to me with the tix, all they had was sizes 13 & up. Bounced!

I'm not buying to resell nothing. I'm not buying to trade for size. I'm just not buying.

Worse thing is the kids in line plotting on the resale. "You got a size 9? No...All you got left is a 13? Cool, gimme that." :rofl:

Last edited:
picked up king's pride at retail and gotta say the detail is on point. got the bron x's (cutting jade and carbons) and they good overall and comfy for balling, but gotta say the xi just got so much more detail. the lebron x is screenprinted on, and the xi's are the authentics hahaaaa

When the pink foil pair was being talked about originally (before a pic surfaced) was there a release date mentioned? I can't seem to find the page where it was discussed....

I'm TRYING to be smart about my purchases but it's really hurting my feelings that I haven't picked up the KP yet 
laugh.gif

When the pink foil pair was being talked about originally (before a pic surfaced) was there a release date mentioned? I can't seem to find the page where it was discussed....

I'm TRYING to be smart about my purchases but it's really hurting my feelings that I haven't picked up the KP yet :lol:  

By pink foil you mean the Akron vs miami? If so December 7 is what I've been seeing here on NT.

It's funny. This is how sneaker releases were in the 90's. No hype. Readily available for the taking whenever it's convenient for you financially. Breath of fresh air. Doesn't need to immediately sell out to be considered "heat". Heat is a strictly aesthetic thing. Mark my words, there will be a hyped colorway Tha dolebront look half as good as the kings pride and will be widely loved because of the "limited " status and the insane black market price. Nike trolls us all the time with that tactic. Will happen with this shoe.

^^^^^^^^^EXACTLY!  The 90's were the best era of design and releases.  Could walk into a store weeks later and still get whatever you wanted.  There was none of this "limiteds are better than gr" foolishness.  People bought what they liked.

Also back in the 90's fans for the most part didnt cop the enemy's new pair of shoes...if you were a true knicks fan you wasn't rocking the new jordan 11's because of the rivalry and the fact that you didnt like Jordan....now that time has passed and jordan has been out of the league for years those feelings have passed and now a pair of 11's wouldn't last 10 mins in stores in new york....believe it or not a lot of people don't like lebron (the player) so do you honestly think that they are about to spend 200 + on his new shoes.....i know i wouldn't on a pair of the new Kobe's!!

By pink foil you mean the Akron vs miami? If so December 7 is what I've been seeing here on NT.

By the way. I know what you mean. The KP weren't a must have for me, but I got them anyways. Chances are I won't succeed with some later colors and I wanted to get a pair I at least like to some degree. Gammas are okay and not interested in the TW or always.

I'm not a camper and I try very hard not to buy over retail (I've only done it once). I missed on a few Xs I wanted, but no biggie. There's always another shoe on another weekend.

I'm waiting for the Black/Red that release on Holloween. Can't wait to get them. I saw the Kings Pride and they're very light. I tried them on and the comfort level is amazing. Just not liking this color way.

Also back in the 90's fans for the most part didnt cop the enemy's new pair of shoes...if you were a true knicks fan you wasn't rocking the new jordan 11's because of the rivalry and the fact that you didnt like Jordan....now that time has passed and jordan has been out of the league for years those feelings have passed and now a pair of 11's wouldn't last 10 mins in stores in new york....believe it or not a lot of people don't like lebron (the player) so do you honestly think that they are about to spend 200 + on his new shoes.....i know i wouldn't on a pair of the new Kobe's!!

I don't agree with this

So if you were a Lakers fan you had to wear Worthy's New Balance and Magic's Converse/Payless joints :lol:

Damn I am so torn on picking these KP's up....really want them

been an expensive last week or so...

gloves, Lebron X Reptiles, and Steel X's.....
indifferent.gif

screw it!!  I'm copping!!

Last edited:
picked up king's pride at retail and gotta say the detail is on point. got the bron x's (cutting jade and carbons) and they good overall and comfy for balling, but gotta say the xi just got so much more detail. the lebron x is screenprinted on, and the xi's are the authentics hahaaaa
I agree that the details on the XI's are way better than the X's.

Wait until you guys see the Fruity Pebble XI's, you heard here first.

:wink:

You got a color description fam? Nike is killing me with these XIs.

I'm almost absolutely sure that he was kidding :lol:

Also,

By Pink Foil, I'm pretty sure that he's referring to the pair with the Carbon Fiber print on the armorposite. I don't remember if JM dated those, but I feel like he insinuated that they drop at the very end of the year.

Red laces work but def take your eyes away from the shoe at first. I'm in favor for the regular set up but drop the red on from time to change it up.

Akron vs Miami is 12.7.13...Champs and some HOHs
Black/Pink (Carbon Fiber) is 12.14.13...everyone will have them...in limited QTYs

JM

Release dates via FTL

"Away" Oct 31

"Gamma Blue" Nov 16

"Terracotta Warrior" (Footlocker Exclusive) Nov 27

"Akron vs. Miami" Dec 27

As expensive as shoes are now, the only work I feel that should be but in is the hours at the job where you work at to pay for them! Just the fact that we're willing to pay these constantly rising prices should be good enough IMO

Back
Top Bottom