Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
The same way any Purple and Gold/Yellow colorways are considered "Lakers" colorway. Or black/red is Bulls colors. It's not just NYers that call them that way, it's pretty common around the interwebs.
I agree except when I see a black/red shoe, I don't think bulls. There's so many black/red teams, including the team bron plays for (if you count outside the nba). But yeah when I see blue/orange Knicks colors, that's what I think (superhero X elites).

The same way any Purple and Gold/Yellow colorways are considered "Lakers" colorway. Or black/red is Bulls colors. It's not just NYers that call them that way, it's pretty common around the interwebs.
I agree except when I see a black/red shoe, I don't think bulls. There's so many black/red teams, including the team bron plays for (if you count outside the nba). But yeah when I see blue/orange Knicks colors, that's what I think (superhero X elites).

black/red on basketball shoes = BULLS until maybe recently :lol:

MJ pretty much held it down back when sig shoes only dropped in a couple colors and were the color of the team the player played for.

if I needed a white/black royal shoe then it was pennys. black/red then it was Jordans, or pips. Green shoe was da Kemps :lol:

the heat weren't even on the radar back then. :lol:

Purple and gold is a color combo unique to the Lakers as far as basketball goes. No other color combo can say that to my knowledge. I don't see Orange/Blue as Knicks in Lebron's line when he clearly spent the majority of his career on a team that had those team colors. Just like I don't see Red/Black as a Bulls colorway in his line because he plays for the Heat. You're not looking at Red/Black J's as Heat colorways right? It's all relative to the Sig Line. The Knicks are TERRIBLE, HORRENDOUS, and overall an EXTREMELY IRRELEVANT team to the entire sports world, Dallas Cowboys of the NBA. We should stop making that association when it comes to Lebron's line atleast. LMAO!

Last edited:
You summed it up perfectly bigj. Alonzo's shoe was nice for a big man shoe but like you said the Miami Heat was under the radar. I wonder if they'll sell if they retro'd. :nerd:

MJ pretty much held it down back when sig shoes only dropped in a couple colors and were the color of the team the player played for.

if I needed a white/black royal shoe then it was pennys. black/red then it was Jordans, or pips. Green shoe was da Kemps :lol:

If you wanted Heat cw you got the (tim hardaway) Air Bakin :smokin

Loved that shoe as a youngn

If you wanted Heat cw you got the (tim hardaway) Air Bakin :smokin

Loved that shoe as a youngn
this is true. Timmy had a couple sig type shoes back then but the only one that really held weight were the bakin and that was for 1 year.

also, want purple? get da barkleys :lol:

Purple and gold is a color combo unique to the Lakers as far as basketball goes. No other color combo can say that to my knowledge. I don't see Orange/Blue as Knicks in Lebron's line when he clearly spent the majority of his career on a team that had those team colors. Just like I don't see Red/Black as a Bulls colorway in his line because he plays for the Heat. You're not looking at Red/Black J's as Heat colorways right? It's all relative to the Sig Line. The Knicks are TERRIBLE, HORRENDOUS, and overall an EXTREMELY IRRELEVANT team to the entire sports world, Dallas Cowboys of the NBA. We should stop making that association when it comes to Lebron's line atleast. LMAO!
Just the simple fact that we are even having this exchange proves that any basketball sneaker that has a blue and orange colorway is associated with the Knicks. Just because they are having a bad start to the year doesn't change what many people have grown accustomed to. This doesn't change overnight simply because you have a personal hate for a team or city.
When was the last time the cavs regularly wore blue and orange? Brad daughtery and mark price days was the last time I remember, and I only recall Lebron rocking maroon and gold.

I'm feeling the ASG...

I really like the color scheme, patterns and textures.  The glow is nice but not even what gets me with the shoe.

maybe its the theme of All Star Game I really have a gripe with, but the ASG dont strike me as a All Star Game sneaker

They're ill but its more subdued than what i'm used to seeing for the event... I'll dub them the" Lebron Grapes" in my head or a halloween skeleton pack shoe and throw em in the closet

roll.gif

maybe its the theme of All Star Game I really have a gripe with, but the ASG dont strike me as a All Star Game sneaker

They're ill but its more subdued than what i'm used to seeing for the event... I'll dub them the" Lebron Grapes" in my head or a halloween skeleton pack shoe and throw em in the closet

probably because the theme is much different than the last 2 years.

Galaxy.... Area72 - both space themed
Mardi Gras - party themed. no ET here :lol:

Back
Top Bottom