Lebron's Post Game Antics

i never shake hands with people when i play rec ball specially when the other team talks trash. lebron is right when you get whooped you dont congratulate themfor beating your behind

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

i dont get how one game/instance declares him as classless... Im pretty sure he has his own summer camp for kids, does thousands of charity events, and so on. I think people are blowing this way out of proportion and will pass like swine flu.

none of that matters.

to keep people happy, he MUST do everything other people want him to do. he must act in a way that other people want him to act.

and he MUST do it at all times.

if he doesnt................
92525e8e98ebb891b7d282e13a65def37a04150.gif

like Bill Cosby said, the key to failure is tryin to please everybody, or something like that

^^yes, please excuse us for expecting "KING JAMES" to have some class....I mean, its not like he gets paid millions of dollars to play the game, whatreason should he have to show some respect?

I'm not readin thru this whole thread, but my problem was again, more with ESPN then Bron himself.

NBATV right away said that Bron was on the bus and would not speak. E Snow was on him about it, and said point blank, he needs to be out there and speak forhis franchise. Good work by them.

Switch over to ESPNEWS and they STILL are saying LeBron would come speak in a moment, in a moment, in a moment..........

Never came.
sick.gif

I've barely heard much of anything from ESPN about it, in fact Mike and Mike said this morning they can kinda understand and all kinda other nonsense. Buton the radio Dan Patrick was talkin about it, Rome talked abou it, local radio talked about it. ESPN barely mentions it.
tired.gif

Not a good look imo.

Originally Posted by Rightguard

i never shake hands with people when i play rec ball specially when the other team talks trash. lebron is right when you get whooped you dont congratulate them for beating your behind
indifferent.gif
. I'm still trying to figure out why is he theKing (Nike. smh!!) and why did he just call himself a winner?

/\ The "King" label is not a Nike thing. He's been running with that "branding" since the 11th grade.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ The "King" label is not a Nike thing. He's been running with that "branding" since the 11th grade.
Thanks for sharing that fam. So he has been a KING since he was 17.
eyes.gif
. So i guess we will be seeing Lebonbon not congratulate anymore winners if he is so called being REAL.

Why are you idiots making this little *!%$ bigger than it is?

This *!%$ is NOT THAT serious...smh

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

westcoastsfinest wrote:

DeadsetAce wrote:

^ you're right...you can be classless and still be the best in the L
word...hes the best player but no sportsmanship

yehh he can do all the charity and camp for kids...but were not talking about that...were talking about him not showing any type of sportsmanship

hes second best player
eyes.gif

you know whos the best...

laugh.gif
true

i was just trying to make a point...but yeah i think he's second best

Keep LeBron's inability to cope with this loss separated from the discussion about who is the best player in the league.. Well, it's not really adiscussion anymore considering LeBron proved that he is the best over the regular season and then set an exclamation mark on that proof with his 35, 9 & 7averages in the playoffs... And being the only one from his team to elevate his game. LeBron's supporting cast on the other hand proved that they are trashnot worthy of the overrating they received over the regular season. The guy you wish was the best player in the league had not one but two players play betterthan whoever you consider to have been the second best player for the Cavs these playoffs (for me Delonte West).

You can say all the negative stuff you want about how he behaved after the Cavs loss, but keep on dreaming if you think that it will help you disprove that hesomehow isn't the best player in the league. 35, 9 & 7 baby. He averaged the same amount of points that Kobe did in 05-06, the season his fanboysalways bring up to show that he can average monster numbers if he can do whatever he wants.. Except LeBron averaged almost double the amount of assists andrebounds Kobe averaged that year.

^ Nobody is getting on Lebron because he didn't shake hands, but he ALSO DID NOT TALK TO THE MEDIA....the same media the gives him exposure that he wants24/7, the same media he talks to everyday....just leaving all sour is not a good look.

Kobe at least talked to the media after the game.

He made a mistake, stop defending it, he will learn from it. Move on.

Originally Posted by bryanne2210

AHHAHAHAHAHAH!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
DUDE, ARE YOU SERIOUS !!! LEBRON IS GOING FOR THE HAND SHAKE !!! I DON'T THINK SO....NOTICE IN WHAT DIRECTION THE CAVS WERE WALKING TO LEBRON WAS GOING FOR THE EXIT, LET ME REPEAT THAT LEBRON WAS GOING FOR THE EXIT !!!

Lost respect for Dwight, than you sir, are blinded by Lebron's individual talents. I, for one, have more respect for Dwight because he came out and delivered when he said they, THEY would go the finals because he's tired of the Lebron/KOBE talk and MAKE THE HATERS BELIEVE...Again, my friend, watched the video and slowly, and I mean slowly watch as some of the CAVS players on the floor walk to the exit but stop to give respect where it's due. PLUS, LEBRON himself is not denying it so why even bother coming here posting that !*+!#@@+ about DWIGHT chucking the 3.

Also, let it be known that if it wasn't for that 3 he made they would've been swept. And listen to the interview as he said that he knew it was going in *coughs* !*+!#@@+*coughs* THEN, watch that video and watch ARENAS chucking the 3 with his arms open even before it hits the bottom of the net. And that my friend is the difference of reaction knowing that three is going to drop or praying that it drops...
indifferent.gif

you must be blind, slow or dumb....you can clearly see Lebron was heading towards dwight....the exit is in the opposite direction...its not that serious mywhole point is I thought dwight showed less sportsmanship than bron by jacking up a three for no apperant reason at all and it didnt even matter if he made itor not

if it's not about him not shaking hands, why are people constantly talking about poor sportsmanship?

Its a combination of everything.

He SHOULD have shaked hands but I'm not one to judge, but at least talk to the media that is your obligation as a professional....especially since your theguy who wants to be the face of this league . He left his team mates out there to answer questions for him, that's justifiable?

Don't leave the State with a sour face and hide.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

i dont get how one game/instance declares him as classless... Im pretty sure he has his own summer camp for kids, does thousands of charity events, and so on. I think people are blowing this way out of proportion and will pass like swine flu.
none of that matters.

to keep people happy, he MUST do everything other people want him to do. he must act in a way that other people want him to act.

and he MUST do it at all times.

if he doesnt................
92525e8e98ebb891b7d282e13a65def37a04150.gif

like Bill Cosby said, the key to failure is tryin to please everybody, or something like that

That would make him the biggest tool ever. People with a camera in their face cant have a personality anymore? He was salty after the loss as mostpeople would be. Its a mistake he didnt congratulate the other team, but he doesn't need to make anyone happy. I dont think many can judge a man who byhimself carried his team to a finals and two straight ECF only to fall short each time. The youth look up to the athelete, not the medial coverage of theplayer. If thats the case, little kids who looked up to MJ would have gambling and marrige issues.

[h1]King James left the playoffs as a loser[/h1]
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 1 hour, 25 minutes ago

I'm a winner, King James proclaimed. So, there you go. That's his reason for rushing out of the conference finals without so much as a nod to Dwight Howard(notes) and the Orlando Magic. That's his reason for marching to the bus and letting the Cleveland Cavaliers' spare parts take care of his responsibilities in the interview room.

Funny, but James stayed on the court to make sure the Detroit Pistons and Atlanta Hawks paid respect to him. As it turns out, there's one thing allowed to happen at the end of a playoff series: Everyone bows down and kisses the King's ring. Only, LeBron doesn't have a ring. He's never won a game in the NBA Finals.

So, yes, maybe they just have to kiss his %@%.

"It's not being a poor sport or anything like that," James said.

No, nothing like that. Yes, James cares so much that it isn't possible to be gracious and humbled.

You know me, he told the reporters in Cleveland on Sunday. I'm a competitor. "If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them," James said. "It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

Here's the question: Who has the guts to tell him that he sounds like an immature, self-absorbed brat?

Here's the problem for the Cavaliers and James: No one.

It won't be Cleveland Cavaliers ownership, front office and coaches. It won't be the NBA. It won't be Nike. And it sure won't be those childhood sycophants who surround James and tell everyone what a brilliant businessman LeBron is because they can answer the phone when corporations call for a famous pitchman.

LeBron doesn't want to win more than Michael Jordan did, but Jordan could stop and shake a winner's hand. Magic Johnson and Larry Bird could, too. Julius Erving did. Kobe Bryant(notes). Isiah Thomas led a walkout after losing to the Chicago Bulls after winning two NBA titles, but Joe Dumars never followed him. He stayed and shook Jordan's hand, the way Jordan had always shook his when the Pistons had beaten him.

"M.J. had stopped, shook my hand and hugged me three straight years that we had beaten them in the playoffs," Dumars once told me. "There was no way I walking off the court without shaking the Bulls' hands."

Within the Cavs, someone needed to tell James that he embarrassed himself and the franchise, but that won't happen. They're too scared of him. Most league executives with knowledge of Cleveland's operation believe it's far more of an ownership issue, than basketball operations.

If general manager Danny Ferry and coach Mike Brown privately disdain the ridiculous posing for pictures that James started with his teammates on a 13-game winning streak, the owner is believed to see the foolishness as a marketing dream.

Someone should've told James that the pregame Polaroid act was belittling and beneath a championship contender, but it never happened.

All season, the Cavaliers acted too entitled, too arrogant for a team that's won nothing. They ran out demanding that Mo Williams(notes) be made an All-Star, when the truth bore itself out in the playoffs: Cleveland has one All-Star. Nevertheless, Williams still embarrassed the Cavs with foolish proclamations and guarantees his middling talent couldn't deliver.

"If you believe in karma with that nonsense," one Western Conference executive said, "then Cleveland got what was coming to them."

The Cavaliers are terrified of James. When you're around them, it's sometimes embarrassing to watch the way they tip-toe and grovel with him. In their defense, that's how James wants it. As a childhood prodigy, that's all LeBron's ever known. The Cavs are at his mercy until he becomes a free agent in July of 2010, and that isn't going to change. There's no chance that he signs an extension this summer, because that would be the end of the drama, the intrigue and LeBron James(notes) isn't letting that go away.

Now, Ferry goes back to the phones and starts work on surrounding James with championship talent. Cleveland is sure to revisit the Shaquille O'Neal(notes) talks with the Phoenix Suns, and James and his associates will send out word that, hey, we'll go to New York unless the Cavs deliver him his title. Well, they've reached the NBA Finals and had the best record in the NBA within the past three seasons, so they must have surrounded James with something that works there.

Nevertheless, James distanced himself in losing again, after a season in which he sold himself as all for one, and one for all. James had been an MVP until the very final moments of the basketball season, and then, he embarrassed himself and acted like a petulant kid. In a world where everyone in his life is too fearful or too dependent, LeBron James goes into the summer believing his own nonsense that he walked out of this season a winner.

As usual, there's no one to tell him.

Except maybe now, Kobe's puppet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...vLYF?slug=aw-lebron060109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

westcoastsfinest wrote:

DeadsetAce wrote:

yehh he can do all the charity and camp for kids...but were not talking about that...were talking about him not showing any type of sportsmanship

hes second best player
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
true

Keep LeBron's inability to cope with this loss separated from the discussion about who is the best player in the league.. Well, it's not really a discussion anymore considering LeBron proved that he is the best over the regular season and then set an exclamation mark on that proof with his 35, 9 & 7 averages in the playoffs... And being the only one from his team to elevate his game. LeBron's supporting cast on the other hand proved that they are trash not worthy of the overrating they received over the regular season. The guy you wish was the best player in the league had not one but two players play better than whoever you consider to have been the second best player for the Cavs these playoffs (for me Delonte West).

You can say all the negative stuff you want about how he behaved after the Cavs loss, but keep on dreaming if you think that it will help you disprove that he somehow isn't the best player in the league. 35, 9 & 7 baby. He averaged the same amount of points that Kobe did in 05-06, the season his fanboys always bring up to show that he can average monster numbers if he can do whatever he wants.. Except LeBron averaged almost double the amount of assists and rebounds Kobe averaged that year.
kobe>lebron no matter how you try and explain it really
laugh.gif

but thats a whole nother topic to get into...back to the original reason for this thread...its not that big of a deal...he played his heart out tolose...wouldn't you be upset too
roll.gif

Lbruce89 wrote:
this was posted in the cavs/magic game thread

what's the difference?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Man, some of you guys kill me.

4:25

roll.gif
Old news. It's not like we didn't know that Kobe has down someclassless +#@+. At least he talked to the media after the game�and didn't throw out the most�horrible excuse ever to mankind why he got his !$!�handled tohim the next day
laugh.gif

��

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

westcoastsfinest wrote:

DeadsetAce wrote:

hes second best player
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
true

Keep LeBron's inability to cope with this loss separated from the discussion about who is the best player in the league.. Well, it's not really a discussion anymore considering LeBron proved that he is the best over the regular season and then set an exclamation mark on that proof with his 35, 9 & 7 averages in the playoffs... And being the only one from his team to elevate his game. LeBron's supporting cast on the other hand proved that they are trash not worthy of the overrating they received over the regular season. The guy you wish was the best player in the league had not one but two players play better than whoever you consider to have been the second best player for the Cavs these playoffs (for me Delonte West).

You can say all the negative stuff you want about how he behaved after the Cavs loss, but keep on dreaming if you think that it will help you disprove that he somehow isn't the best player in the league. 35, 9 & 7 baby. He averaged the same amount of points that Kobe did in 05-06, the season his fanboys always bring up to show that he can average monster numbers if he can do whatever he wants.. Except LeBron averaged almost double the amount of assists and rebounds Kobe averaged that year.
are you still in denial that wade had better overall stats then lebron this year in the regular season?... keep on bringing stats on how lebronis better then kobe, just remember that wade did everything better then lebron except for rebounding
wade's points, assist, steal, blocks >>> lebron's rebounding

Back
Top Bottom