Legit check 2011 Air Jordan retro 3 black cement

I bought these back in 2011 from crookedtongues.com back when they released. I was told recently that they maybe fake due to a number of reasons
-elephant print on box is off
-elephant print on shoe itself is off
- no sticker size inside on the heel of insole. It did come with a retro card and it didn't feel like any flimsy material
- corner end of elephant print doesn't transition smoothly into the shoe along with the stitching. Instead it ends before and it' looks like a poor cut
- black border going around the heel does not a "gloss" to it
I would appreciate if someone can confirm this
View media item 1109429View media item 1109424View media item 1109423
View media item 1109422View media item 1109419View media item 1109418View media item 1109417View media item 1109416View media item 1109408View media item 1109410View media item 1109413View media item 1109419

Post pix in better lighting.. 3s didn't come with retro cards.. take the shoes outta the box for the pix..Good side shot of each shoe and a tongue shot of both tongues please. As well as both heels side by side.

Last edited:
Ehh.. I'm not so sure about that

-elephant print in the back is high and has widows peaks
-tongues are slightly choppy
-toebox looks pointy/wrong shape
-tag border looks weird

Some of those things could be attributed to quality control; I'm 50/50 on these. wait on more opinions

Ehh.. I'm not so sure about that

-elephant print in the back is high and has widows peaks
-tongues are slightly choppy
-toebox looks pointy/wrong shape
-tag border looks weird

Some of those things could be attributed to quality control; I'm 50/50 on these. wait on more opinions
I agree. Repped. The size tag looked off as me as well like Ricky said. Looks like the red fabric has bled onto the tag. Don't think it should do that. But After reading the first post about THE OPs concerns and further inspection of shoes I've changed my mind. I'm not saying they're fake but I'm not saying they're legit either. Would need more proof of authenticity like date stamped on inside of box, QC sticker in box, date stamped under insoles, Receipt, for me to be able to say legit.

Last edited:
I agree. Repped. The size tag looked off as me as well like Ricky said. Looks like the red fabric has bled onto the tag. Don't think it should do that. But After reading the first post about THE OPs concerns and further inspection of shoes I've changed my mind. I'm not saying they're fake but I'm not saying they're legit either. Would need more proof of authenticity like date stamped on inside of box, QC sticker in box, date stamped under insoles, Receipt, for me to be able to say legit.
I think they are legit. Not a great pair, but legit.

The widow's peaks don't look like the normal, monster sized peaks that we are used to seeing on GM 3s.

EP, while maybe a bit high, looks ok to me.

Also, isn't CrookedTongues a legit retailer with a JB account? I don't see them selling GMs

Did the new pics help clear any doubts? I didn't have a qc stamp inside the box but I had a stamp under the insoles as seen in the pics.Unfortunately I never saved the printout receipt I got with the shoes when they were delivered and I can't find the invoice for it on my email. If these are authentic, despite the minor flaws what would these be priced at? Is there anything I could take a better pic of?

2011 ones did
indifferent.gif

2011 ones did
Sorry fam, but they didn't.. Also the shape is a little off, tongues look short, however they are shaped well..Eprints are def off.The pattern and the cuts..Looks like someone went through the trouble of snipping off the widows peaks as well..

Post a pic of the box tag. Where did you buy these and how much?

Back
Top Bottom